BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Dirty Heads Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on June 22, 2013
It's a real page turner. The combined Prairie Years and The War Years into one volume arrived in pristine condition within a couple of days of ordering it. It's the bargain of the year!!! I usually give my books away to circulate, but this one just might contribute too much prestige to my shelves to part with.

It begins with the President's grandfather also named Abraham Lincoln, an associate of Daniel Boone, who suggested the land beyond the Cumberland gap was rich with game, fertile lands, and freedom -- you should migrate to Kentucky...
on December 19, 2012
Book was in great condition. A detailed book of Lincoln based on letters, documents, diaries and first hand meetings. Goes into discription of rooms and dress and gossip of the times. Also gives backgrounds of other people surrounding Lincoln. Very thorough account down to small detail. This was an undertaking of a devoted person and I loved the book. I do think I will need to read it more than once to give it justice. At times not an easy read. My second time reading I plan to have paper to write down facts and also look up other details. It is a book to study if so desired.
on December 23, 2016
The definitive history of Abraham Lincoln
on February 24, 2014
A poet's view of the life and times of our greatest president. Perhaps not the most accurate biography, to put it mildly, but magnificent in its capturing the sense and sensibilities, the look and feel, of the times, of the people and Lincoln himself.
on August 10, 2016
Great story well told. I already was an admirer of Lincoln and now I know he really earned that admiration.
on January 9, 2015
Sandburg has an astounding feel for Lincoln, unrivaled by any other biographer. This is a masterpiece, an American classic.
on August 28, 2012
To Whom It May Concern,

I find these legendary volumes about Abraham Lincoln better than the reviews I have read over the decades. The two flaws I can find is that there is no bibliography nor are there any footnotes. Mr. Sandburg was blessed by living during the time when many of the participants of these tumultuous years were still alive. May God bless his perseverance.
on May 26, 2014
I'm not an American, but an American history buff that I am and this is an amazing book which goes rightfully above and beyond the boundaries of history; it shows one of the greatest man who ever lived under a personal light and the fact the Carl Sandburg growing up in Illinois listened to endless stories about the man transpires in his masterpiece.
on May 24, 2016
Great reading and fast shipping! A classic!
on May 24, 2016
A classic! Great reading and fast shipping!