Abus U-mini 401 - Yellow, 80x145mm
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Every year millions of bikes are stolen.
- Police statistics show that only about ten percent of these cases are solved.
- It doesn't have to be like that, as ABUS covers the whole range of bike security devices with high-quality locks.
- ABUS offers the right bike lock for every situation.
- You can therefore thwart even the cleverest thieves without incurring significant cost!
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
ABUS 401 / 130 HB 140 Mini U lock is an upgraded version of the identical looking 40 series mini U locks. Internal and material changes bumped this lock up to security level 13 (40 series are level 10). This U lock has a 14mm* special steel hardened shackle and double deadbolt locking mechanism operated by a floating disc key system. * On some websites you will see this lock advertised with a 16mm shackle. This is NOT true. 16mm refers to the shackle including rubber protective cover. This lock has a 14mm gauge steel shackle. The main difference between the 40 and 401 series Abus U locks and 51, 54, 64 series is that this lock is not manufactured in Germany. There is also no replacement key service offered at this time.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Abus is much better than the Kryptonite Mini (both arms will need to be cut to break it), and really much, much lighter than a full-size U lock, or a Kryptonite New York. Like any U-Lock, it can be defeated with an angle grinder, but at least, it won't be cut any faster than the best full-size lock.
The metal is covered by plastic, so it won't scratch your bike.
The lock does not come with a holding contraption, but on my bike, it fits around the headtube while commuting; it is light and compact enough to fit into a backpack, too.