- File Size: 1380 KB
- Print Length: 110 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: August 30, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B014PSF976
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #822,442 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Abuse of Power (Rise of the Mages Book 0) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There are three main characters and then I guess one support character. You do not really get to know one of the main characters (I am saying the "bad" guy in the story is a main). He only know he is a catcher who is after the bounty on Alaina's head. The rest of the characters are a bit stereotypical of nowadays fantasy.
Then there is Alaina who is the "maiden" in "distress". She tries to act like she doesn't need help but she wants it. The guy Auggie ignores her acting and still helps her.
It is a fast read and a bit stereotypical but its a novella and not a full novel so I gave it some lead way in the story its self. All in all I would defiantly read the rest of this series just to learn more about the world they are in.
I would also recommend either getting it with KU or wait unless he lowers the price or something as 3 dollars is a bit much for a novella that I read in 2 hours.
August Asher is a lawman, Alaina is a criminal. Together they must decide whether it is nobler to follow what the world tells them... or is it better to allow their hearts to decide....
As most have said before, this is a really great concept and was handled in a very real life way. The flow needs some help, but I have found some of the popular authors had that type of problem early on as well. August was a very cool character. part military, part passionate man. His lady, Alaina held her own and the romance was well done, not too sappy and kept things very clean. I enjoy the author's description on the setting, leaving enough to the imagination. A great start
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Romantic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery