- File Size: 2697 KB
- Print Length: 188 pages
- Publisher: Orchard View Publishing (April 8, 2017)
- Publication Date: April 8, 2017
- Sold by: Macmillan
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06Y4MQBBP
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#4,065 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
- #41 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Contemporary
- #117 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- #121 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Romance
Price set by seller.
The Academic Bride: Billionaire Marriage Brokers Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
In this case the hero is a really good, sweet, simple guy. He is an IT wizard and earned his fortune very early in life. He was tired of being hit on by women that were only interested in his money and how to get it. So the "wife" was the perfect foil. She needed her "salary" to fund a dig that she wanted to go on to study some ancient customs by the Mayans. She needs this to finish her Ph.D. So she agreed to the marriage to fund her dig and she acts as his partner to discourage women from trying to get him in to bed and then to the altar.
All goes well until she discovers she is falling in love with him. This is a sweet romance and a very wholesome read as they make their way to their HEA. It is a fun read and I would definitely recommend it. Any age group would be appropriate since there is no sex involved. Romance yes, but sex no.
I was not paid for this review. I am not an author nor do I know one. I am not kin to this writer. I am a reader and this is just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less..
If you are looking for that type of read , love Cinderella and wanting a 22nd Century Mail-order bride novel , then check out The Academic Bride by Lucy McConnell today.
Let me back up. Janel is a hard working college student. She's trying to finish her history degree, but the funding has been cut for her final project. Leaving her scrambling to figure out a way to pay for it herself. Enter BMB. She's matched with Nick and before she even has any idea what BMB is or does, she finds out that she will be marrying him the very next week, and she gets a huge salary that she'll be able to save pretty much all of, because the position as his wife comes with food, a place to stay, clothes, pretty much everything she could ever want.
The one thing for me was the way that marriage in this book is kind of looked on as just a convenience for the parties, not really a way to be in love or have a family. But then I remember arranged marriages, and that they are even still happening in our own country even and it makes me think that if these arranged marriages can be put together by someone that can almost know who will work well together, then why not!
This is a cute, clean romance that will keep you hooked from the very first page!
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance