Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on July 27, 2013
These books are very thorough. I did not need to use any other study materials (flash cards, CDs, etc). The books also contain a 200-item practice exam, and mini practice exams after each section!

Strengths:
*Each content domain is covered thoroughly, typically with 100 pages per section. The amount of detail (and length) varies depending on the importance of the section. Sections that make up a larger portion of the exam have greater coverage.
*Difficult concepts are explained clearly, including in the statistics sections and some of the more theoretical sections (e.g., clinical theory).
*Tables and Figures are used effectively to summarize key concepts.
*Given that the books cover about 1,500 pages, I was surprised not to see any major grammatical errors/flaws.

Weaknesses:
*None. The books surpassed my expectations.

Personal Experience:
*I took their 200-item practice exam months ago and got a 71%. I got busy with work and didn't touch the books again until 10 days before the exam. I studied like a maniac (12-16 hrs/day) for 10 days straight. By the end, I was averaging about an 89% on the practice exams.
*How did I fair on the actual EPPP? There was a lot of content overlap with the book. The questions I guessed on were generally things that had been mentioned in the study materials but that I had just glossed over (e.g., a few questions about the details of vision, child custody battles, etc.). My estimate was that I'd score in the low 80s (you need a 75% in my state to pass), but I actually scored an 89%. Obviously, scored on the practice exams shouldn't always match up perfectly with the EPPP, but it led me to be very impressed with the purchase
*I would caution that my exact study experience is probably not typical. It would have been less stressful to spread out my studying over a couple months rather than cram it all into 10 days, but that's life.

Overall Evaluation:
*I was very impressed and would recommend the books to others.

Comment on Other Posts:
*There were no problems with the books I ordered. Maybe there was a problem with some of the early shipments?
on July 26, 2013
I received my materials in just a few days. I was very pleased that all the volumes were complete and in apparently new condition. I do not like marks in books that I study, so these were perfect for my needs. I am quite satisfied.

Tim Freeman, Ph.D.
on September 24, 2012
OK, so I was also expecting the typos, but above and beyond those, there was a much larger issue with missing text throughout the materials! For example, I took the sample Social Psychology additional exam questions at the end of the Social Psych section. There were 12 sample questions numbered in order, but then only 5 numbered correct responses, which did not correspond to the questions! There were also entire sections of missing text within the review materials themselves. This was completely absurd! I have no idea what the developers of this product were thinking. I was super hyped to have all the materials readily available in one location for review rather than carting around all of the books, but this has been a ridiculous product! The typos are also HORRIBLE!!! I would not recommend this product.
on February 23, 2012
Super disappointed and appalled by the number of typos in these books. Contacted the company's customer service (first by email multiple times and received no response) and was told they are "always striving to improve" and would note my comment. The typos wouldn't be such a big deal except the material is already somewhat difficult and having to try and decipher what the sentence is suppose to say only makes comprehension more difficult. Also for the amound of money, I expected the texts to be more carefully written. If purchasing again, I would buy from a different company (e.g., AATBS).
on November 10, 2015