- File Size: 755 KB
- Print Length: 250 pages
- Publisher: Arena Press (April 27, 2012)
- Publication Date: April 27, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007Z4WWZK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#184,936 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #439 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Metaphysical & Visionary
- #452 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- #599 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Technothrillers
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $6.00 (60%)
Accelerated Kindle Edition
|Length: 250 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
The Wantland Files
Will her psychic powers be enough to stop the supernatural forces of evil? Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Simpering fan praise aside, it is a good paced techno-thriller, but the technologies are not the focus, more that the technology is a prop device. Written in a first-person perspective, with the narrator being (among other things) a private detective, it is very reminiscent of the "hard boiled" genre, where trouble begins from the opening paragraph. Lots of twists and turns to give you a good time trying to out-think the author.
Finally, the book exhibits very high quality editing.
It's kind of in the noir style, with a bit more action. There are twists, interesting turns of phrase, secrets to be uncovered and a bit of speculative sci-fi. I say speculative because it's set in the modern day, or maybe slightly future, with technology forming a backdrop. But the technology and jargon doesn't usually overshadow the plot. You could take away the sci-fi stuff and you'd still have a pretty good action thriller.
He lets you read a good amount for a sample, so see for yourself.
It's easy to see that Heppner writes from the heart, and that's what makes his stories so readable. You can tell that he suffers his heroes' pain and fights for their triumphs. My only regret is that I discovered him so late and hope that he has many more books for us all - many more human dramas with outcomes as unpredictable as life itself.
Having devoured the Doomstar series and the Alternate Europe series I downloaded this book without even reading the preview and was not disapointed. Fast paced, lots of action, intriguing characters, and enough scifi techno babble to keep us fanboys happy!
From the way it ended I'm sure this is the first book of an ongoing series and I'm looking forward to reading future installments.
I would recommend this story to anybody who likes a suspenseful yarn with some action. Many books are top heavy on the action side, with the thin plot revolving around some file or bit of news, giving you hints of how great the main character is and how all the girls fall for him, while at the same time giving you just enough information about the "bad guys" to make you want to throttle them yourself, leading you invariably into the final scenarios where our hero somehow avenges everybody who ever lived. The guy in this book has some depth and You can't help but find yourself rooting for him - not only to act, but also as he finally finds himself compelled to uncover facts dealing with a close friends girlfriend. Then as you watch how he handles the information he uncovers, you're almost surprised he doesn't overturn every stone he comes across. But it makes the guy realistic and actually makes him even easier to connect with. After all, is ever mystery ever completely overturned?
I gave the novel 4 stars because it was a good read. It kept me wanting more up to the last. I was surprised when it ended, but then again, it fit with the way the character had been described to me. I still wanted more. I don't know if Heppner is planning sequels (I sure hope he is), but he has all kinds of angles and plots to build on as far as I'm concerned. I would particularly be interested in seeing how he managed to push his reluctant main character with an unusual power and skills back into the story.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Technothrillers
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superheroes
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Technothrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superhero
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine