Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning victoria victoria victoria  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

75%
25%
Style: Poly Bag Package|Change

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on January 3, 2014
The Accell adapters are the only ones we have found on Amazon to date (Jan 2014) that actually support 4K resolution. However, they do seem to briefly flicker from time to time, and we are not quite sure why.

Update: After several weeks of use, we find that the adapters are the cause of the blinking/loss of signal on the 4k displays. When we bypass the adapters, there is no flickering. This means that we have yet to find a single adapter that can be used to go from Mini-DP to HDMI for 4k.
on July 24, 2014
This works great for me with an Nvidia/EVGA 760 DP to a Seiki 4K TV. I tried the active adapter version too and it also worked, but slightly different, both have pros and cons.

The active one behaves as straight HDMI did--when you turn the TV off, the PC behaves as though the monitor has been completely disconnected--moves all windows onto other screens. The passive one doesn't, which is a plus in my book. But the passive one occasionally has troubles at startup, needs reconnected. So, you win some you lose some. But either one gets the job done at 4K/30Hz if you don't mind fidgeting a bit. (That's with another 4K plugged directly into the HDMI, and 2 WUXGA/DVI too).
on April 9, 2014
I tried to use this on a 4k monitor to convert DisplayPort to HDMI but was unable to get the monitor to show a signal. I returned this item and got an Active Accell adapter instead and it worked flawlessly. I don't think the item was defective but rather the high resolution needed an active adapter to get the proper signals to the monitor. I've read other reports that the active adapter is needed for 4k. Perhaps the passive would work for lower resolution displays.
on March 19, 2014
I can report it's working great with a Mac Pro (4,1) from an Nvidia K5000 to a Sony VPL-VW1000ES 4K projector! I'm getting nice flicker-free 4096x2160 at 24fps.
on March 25, 2014
Works exactly as you would expect! I use it to drive my 4KTV with my laptop. The HDMI port on the laptop itself wouldn't work, but this does!
on July 18, 2014
Fast delivery. Works as promised from my HP EliteBook laptop computer to a 50" Seiki 4K TV as PC monitor.
on February 7, 2014
Plugged it in and it immediately worked, and by that I mean I wanted to display on a second HDMI monitor.
on January 7, 2015
Works great. I've connected a 4k display at 30Hz using this passive adapter without any problems.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.