Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on September 21, 2011
1)I've never made a review but I hope you find this helpful!
2)I don't believe in spoilers so you don't have to worry about those in here:)

If you've read Significance (or even any of the Collide books) then you already know that Shelly Crane is an AMAZING writer!Accordance will NOT disappoint.It's as good,or even better,than Significance.
In Accordance we begin Caleb & Maggie's journey.We learn all about Imprinting and all that other good stuff.In Accordance,we continue their journey & learn even more about the Ace's history.Also,I'm happy to say that this book most def has all that lovey dovey stuff that girl's loveeeeee.This book has action,mystery,love,hate && most importantly,stresses the importance of family.Basically this book has it all!Can't wait till Defiance comes out!:)

WARNING:WILL KEEP YOU UP ALL NIGHT!
36 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on July 24, 2016
Accordance was the book I was waiting for in this series. While the first book took us through Maggie's journey in becoming an Ace and her working her way through her love for Caleb, this book kicked up the action and we finally understand the importance of Maggie and what it means for the entire Ace community.

Accordance picks up right where, significance left off. Maggie is hiding out in California with Caleb, Kyle and Bish from the Waterson clan. Of course Maggie stress free vacation is anything but stress free. Bish is not happy and continues to be suspicious of everything and Kyle is still causing trouble for Maggie and Caleb.

While in California, Maggie finally learns her true purpose, she has been selected to be The Visionary for the Aces and to fix what went wrong with clan's. The reason imprinting has stopped is because the Ace's were using their gifts for personal gain instead of helping the people around them. However, this new revelation overwhelms Maggie and she begins to rebel against her new life. She feels it's all to much to handle and that she will not be able to complete her destiny.

As Maggie begins to grapple with her new life, her growing love for Caleb and the dangers from the Waterson, she will need her family and friends support more than ever. As one enemy is defeated a new one rises from the ashes, bent on destroying Maggie and the entire Jacobson clan.

When the Waterson's attack, it becomes clear to Maggie that her new gift will bring danger from all sides. Not only will clans rise up, but the council might not be in favor of the new rules the universe is requiring of the Aces'.
on October 16, 2011
I really like this series, but really nothing, as far as action, happens in this book. Maggie, Caleb, Bish and Kyle are still in California when Maggie gets another "power" and runs away for awhile, causing Caleb to call his family with worry and Peter, Rachel, Jen and Maggie's Dad flying out to join the gang in California. Maggie is now the Visionary and can see vision of future events when others touch her. The Visionary is like royalty to the Aces and Maggie has to deal with the new adoration. Kyle is still making her life rough with his constant jealousy and declarations of love and Bish is upset that Caleb and Maggie are sleeping together, not knowing Maggie needs Caleb's protection from Echoes. He knows something is going on and resents Caleb for taking over his protective role in Maggie's life. Maggie is overwhelmed by everyone's thoughts and attitudes towards her and learning to use her new powers. She is thankful for Caleb's soothing presence, even though he still doesn't have his "abilities" yet.

Most of the action happens in the last several pages, typical of a middle book. Despite nothing really happening, it was an interesting story and fun to see characters you learned to love in the first book. SERIOUSLY, if grammar errors and misspelled words bother you to the point you can't enjoy the story, stay away from this one. I never take off stars for grammar, just warning those that do.

I am looking forward to the next installment do out in spring 2012.

Would I/Did I buy it? Yes (2.99)
Would I listen/read it again? Yes, for review before the next one comes out
Would I recommend it to friends? Yes
8 people found this helpful
on July 27, 2015
I love where this story is headed! But the author needs another round of editing and someone to check for continuity. In book 1 Maggie had never left Tennessee then in book two she mentioned she did a cheer event in DC during 9th grade. Also, within book two- in the beginning when she left for California she didn't have a suitcase of any kind but a duffle bag. Then towards the end she had a small piece from her DC trip.

But overall, it is well written and thought out! It's a great story and even a couple surprises along the way! Most of the time I can guess what is coming, but in this story I can't always figure out what's next, so it's a nice surprise! Can't wait for the next book!!!!!!
One person found this helpful
on January 14, 2015
They think like a human. They act like a human. They have human emotions, needs, wants, desires. They have human guilt, love, hate frustration. They have have human bodies. Hearts, lungs, sweat glands. They laugh, cry, scream, sing and dance all like humans. They take showers, go to clubs, eat lunch, dinner, breakfast. They have babies "the human way"...They are humans. Maybe instead of denying their humanity, the author could say that they are "super humans" instead of mere humans but so far except for the fact that the author points out several million times in the book that they are not human, they appear in every way to be humans. I dunno, I'm stumped. Maybe it's my un-super human brain not getting it. Or, kinda bad writing.
One person found this helpful
on December 4, 2012
For anyone who has read any of my previous reviews, I do not do spoilers, I believe that if someone wants to know what happens in a book, then they should read the book.

Every once in awhile I get stuck in a particular genre of books, a couple of years ago I was all caught up in romance and read all things Mr. Sparks and Ms. Steele, as well as up and coming authors. Now I am caught up in all things paranormal and am always on the lookout for a good paranormal read.

This series so far does not disappoint.

I loved book 1 in the series, and rushed to read book 2 right away.

This book was full of twists and turns. I love the fact that Caleb and Maggie's relationship is still going strong dispite all the obstacles that are being thrown at them. Throughout the book, Bish and Kyle's behavior and attitude was very annoying to me but as the book went on and things started to play, you can't help but feel sorry for them.

Maggie and Caleb are a force to be reckoned with. They are destined to bring order and peace to all the clans, to help them get back on track, so that the imprinting can start again.

I am so happy with the way Klye's storyline is playing out, although I am very disappointed with Bish and Jen's storyline and I hope that within the next two books that follow in the series, the two of them can get it together, if they don't, that will be the only way the whole series will not get five stars from me.
on March 5, 2012
Just when you think it can't get any better, Shelly Crane does it again, and you fall in love with the story (and Caleb) all over again. Accordance picks up right where Significance left off. Caleb and Maggie are in California for Maggie's protection after she was abducted by a rival Ace clan, the Watson's. Caleb and Maggie have also recently imprinted and are soul mates, and are really looking forward to some "alone time." Just when they think they have some time to themselves, Maggie's brother Bish and Caleb's cousin Kyle show up to be their chaperones. Bish, who still isn't aware of what is really going on and is extremely suspicious, is a total pain, making things miserable for Maggie, and Kyle, well, Kyle is just being Kyle. Maggie is coming to terms with the fact that she is now not only an Ace, but also a Seer and Visionary. She and Caleb begin to try to understand the destiny that awaits them both as Aces and soul mates, and the romance - swoon, swoon, and swoon some more. Caleb is absolutely yummy. He is completely, totally, and unconditionally in love with Maggie and would do absolutely anything for her, and to protect her. Did I mention that he is also oh so very hot. Of course, Maggie feels the same way about him.

Accordance is one of those books that you just want to crawl up in and live there for a while. It is wonderfully written with a paranormal story line that is unlike any other. The romance and the love story is absolutely dreamy, and Shelly Crane definitely knows how to deliver in that area. Accordance is a book you will definitely want to read, and be prepared because you won't want to put it down. It is wonderfully written by a truly gifted author.
on January 31, 2013
Out all of the four books, this one was my favorite. Caleb and Maggie are now a couple but their still dealing with all the issues left over from the Significance, while dealing with everything that imprinting (and not everybody knowing that they did so) brings with it. The Watson's especially are not letting up in their pursuit to destroy the Jacobsen clan. Also, what Maggie and Caleb both thought was going to be a fun gateway while hiding out, turns into somewhat of a comical disaster with Bish and Kyle involved. Still, we get a lot more plot development here, and now that I've read the series, a lot of the things that are revealed in Accordance will become pressing issues in further books. New imprints are formed while othet characters must take on new responsibilities. In the midst of everything, it was comforting to see how sweet and devoted the love between Maggie and Caleb was. This was just as, if not more so, romantic than the first one and the hopeless romantic in me was deeply satisfied. The plot also ran smoothly, never dragging. I honestly recommend this and everyother book in the series. Shelly Crane is an awesome writer and if you don't fall just as deep as Maggie did for Caleb...then there's something just wrong with you :)
on September 10, 2012
When I read Significance, I breezed through it. There was just something about the story that kept me turning the pages. Crane had a pacing style that while it wasn't super fast paced, it was constant, and I felt like there wasn't one good place to just pause. That ended with me finishing the book in one sitting. The same thing happened with Accordance. Crane had me turning pages, wanting to see what would happen next.

I really enjoyed continuing Maggie and Caleb's story, and though I thought Crane was going to go the Twilight route with the love triangle, she pulls something off that changed the course of the relationships between Maggie, Caleb, and Kyle. The other part I really loved was that Maggie is not helpless. Yes, Caleb wants to protect her, and he does, but Maggie also has some amazing talents that make her much more powerful than all of the others. She doesn't sit back and let Caleb and his family do everything, and she doesn't do stupid things to try and help. She uses her brain and powers together.

The only real issue I had was the formatting. I purchased a paperback copy, and the font was small. Very small. Maybe 6 or 8 point font, with the text taking maybe half the page. My recommendation is to purchase the ebook version where this type of formatting problem doesn't happen.
on November 29, 2011
This series is absolutely engulfing! Accordance is the fantastic sequel to the stellar first installment, Significance. Picking up right where Significance left off, readers are immediately immersed, once again, in the fluid emotions - both good and bad - of all the cast of characters. If this were a TV show, it would be an ensemble, as the characters are so believable and interesting with their own story lines that together ground this novel in reality for all that it is a "paranormal" YA romantic fiction. No weird paranormal stuff here, i.e. aliens, creepy sci-fi, vampires, werewolves or evil witchcraft.

My favorite part of this series is that the relationship between the two main characters was set up quickly in book 1, settled and stays strong yet readers feel their struggles as they grow in their love, personal and family relationships. The connection between Maggie and Caleb is heartwarming and tugs my heartstrings. I literally feel my heart beat just as they hear each other's. I love/hate Kyle, Bish is a superhero, Jen is a capable mother and yet vulnerable, Peter is a fantastic leader, Gran is perfect and Maggie's dad is like every other teenage girl's dad - a caring dad who doesn't know how/when his little girl grew up. These books give great insight into the Happily Ever After, which isn't always smooth sailing. I can't leave Significance and Accordance alone for more than a day or two without going back to re-read my 'favorite' scenes, which constantly change. I couldn't be a more satisfied customer and I HIGHLY encourage you to buy and read the Significance Series!!

Can't wait for the 3rd book to come out.

P.S. There are still some grammatical errors in the Kindle version, but if you can get over that I promise you it is worth it!