Top positive review
49 people found this helpful
Easy to use and accurate guage
on October 23, 2011
After having the batteries wear out and losing a few small digital gauges as well as suffering from an inaccurate pencil gauge, I tried this along with another dial style gauge, a larger digital gauge, and a higher quality pencil gauge.
While the Accu-gage Tire Pressure Guage - 60 PSI Range Straight Angle is a bit larger than the alternatives, it was the easiest to use and as accurate as the best of the others.
By easy to use I mean:
1) Easy to connect to valve since it goes on straight (some digital and most pencil gauges are angled which means you have to develop the right technique or otherwise just have extra air shoot out)
2) Very easy to read dial -- large and clear (some digitals are hard to read in the sun or with sun glasses on, pencils can be a bit hard to read because some numbers are obscured by the outer barrel so you have to count marks sometimes or pull the measuring stick out a bit and remember where it was in the barrel)
3) Pressure reading is retained until released by press of pressure release button
4) The batteries will never wear out since it uses none
The possible downsides are:
1) It is larger than many digitals and all pencil gauges
2) It may be more prone to breakage if you drop it