Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: MyoTape Body Tape Measure
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

Size: 1 ea|Change

Showing 1-10 of 153 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on August 22, 2015
Received the tape yesterday, and used it for the first time today. The end of tape has already separated from the peg that you insert into the holder. Spent $5 to measure just three parts of my body one time. I suggest others keep looking.
review image review image
on August 12, 2015
Wow, I never write reviews but I've also never had a product fail on me the FIRST USE. During the first use, the measuring tape part became slowly detached from the little cylindrical piece. I was not even pulling on the tape or anything, it just came apart. Also, it's a poor design in that the cylindrical piece that goes in the little slot doesn't lock in place or anything. It makes it difficult if you are measuring yourself because that piece constantly slides out of the slot. I know this is a cheap product but I expected it to last more than one use. I will have to find an alternative to this tape because I like the idea of it but this one is extremely poor quality.
on August 27, 2011
Ok, it doesn't cost much, but for all practical purposes a total waste of money and your time. I've had this for about a year and rarely used it because the little peg you insert in the end kept coming out making it frustrating to use. Well today tried to use for a chest measurement and two little pieces of plasic which apparently guide the tape came flying off, from just inside the case causing the tape to retreat totally into the inside never to be seen again and rendering this now totally useless. Poorly made, not a good design and now broke. I used it at most 20-25 times.
on August 30, 2015
TERRIBLE PRODUCT!! It broke the very 1st time I tried to use it rendering it useless! And since it's an "add-on" item there are no returns/refunds. Save your money!
on April 25, 2014
It lasted a week. After measuring myself one day I clicked the button to roll up the tape and the pin that allows you to pull the tape out flew off. Now it's useless since all the tape is stuck in the casing. I got a regular measuring tape for 2 dollars and threw this in the trash.
on July 13, 2015
The end piece broke less than a 2 weeks after I bought it rendering it pretty much useless
on September 5, 2014
The white piece at the end of the tape fell off right away. Since this was the piece that you use to complete the measuring circle, it rendered the tool useless. To add insult to injury, the retraction of the tape was really weak when the piece was still connected, making it impossible to get accurate measurements anyway. When the piece broke off, though, the retraction was immediate and strong, whipping the measuring tape into the body of the unit, never to be seen again.
on March 23, 2013
The tape ripped out of the stopper two days after I received it. (I used it twice.) It is completely broken -- the tape retracted into the body of the tape measure when it ripped out of the stopper. Very flimsy, don't waste your money!
on February 11, 2013
I've never written a review before, however I felt there was a need to write a review about the quality of this product. I used it once successfully, before it completely fell apart. The tape detached from the plastic rod, and then it retracted completely in to the base. I thought the idea was pretty good, which was why I purchased it. I expected to get better use of it. It ended up not being worth it. I had to take the entire thing apart with a leatherman, just to get the measuring tape out. That works fine. So I am at least getting use of the item, even if it is a part of it.
on February 27, 2015
It already broke after about 2 weeks of having it in our house. Still works, but it doesn't lock anymore. Oh, well, it still does what it was intended for I guess, but poor locking design.

UPDATE: It broke completely. Just simply fell apart. Cheap quality plastic and seams. I went on Amazon Chat and complained about it, they gave me a $5 Amazon coupon on the spot, didn't even ask to return it or document it. That is how bad it is.......