Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

• Customer Reviews

on June 28, 2008
It works exactly how it should. And I'm going to respond to some comments that almost caused me not to buy the thing.

1. Can't get an accurate measure because of 1" intervals.

a) You're using it wrong. The intervals are to keep it from recoiling on it's own as you're pulling it out. When you press the button to recoil, there are no intervals. (hint: read the directions) Also, this gave the same measurements as a standard tape measure.

2. Broken out of the box, bad clicking noise.

a) It's a feature, not a defection. See answer above. You can also hold the button as you pull it out to avoid the clicking, but release the button when you're done so it doesn't recoil before you're ready.

3. The pin keeps falling out.

a) I don't know if it was the company's intention, but I see this as a feature. The only time it pops out is if the tape isn't straight and/or flush, which would give an inaccurate measurement anyway.
1414 comments| 738 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
One challenge we have when we lose weight is that sometimes it might look like we've hit a plateau. Really, this usually means the body is slimming down but as we convert from fat to muscle we aren't "loosing weight" at the moment. A tape measure can help show this!

I've used several different kinds of tape measures in the past. Usually the problem is you're trying to hold the two ends of the tape measure in place while figuring out what they say. Often I have to call in my boyfriend to help out. For a variety of reasons there are many people who cannot or do not want help in this area :)

That's where the MyoTape tape measure comes in. I actually got this for myself solely because I had lost my old tape measures and needed one, and it was the top result on Amazon and looked easy to use. So I wasn't out seeking a "new and improved" tape measure. That being said, when I got this in the house I was really impressed that it WAS much easier to use than my previous ones.

You hold the handle, which is nice and solid and well shaped to grab onto. Then if you want you can "make the loop" and step into it, or pull the loose end around, depending on what part of you you are measuring. But the nice thing is you can keep everything loose while you get it into place.

Once you are close to where you want it to be, you push the button on the unit and it automatically snugs up. So you don't have to try to hold it in a certain spot or try to make sure you're holding it "tightly enough" or "loose enough". It always snugs up to the same level of tension. You only need to hold with one hand because the unit has connected into its closed loop. This means it's VERY easy to then look at the numbers and see what the total measurement is. You don't have to add or subtract - the unit is set up so that the number you see is the total number.

Well recommended! There are ALL sorts of situations where you "seem to be not losing weight" but really your body is getting slimmer. This is a great way to keep track of your progress!
44 comments| 282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2015
Received the tape yesterday, and used it for the first time today. The end of tape has already separated from the peg that you insert into the holder. Spent $5 to measure just three parts of my body one time. I suggest others keep looking.
review image review image
on August 12, 2015
Wow, I never write reviews but I've also never had a product fail on me the FIRST USE. During the first use, the measuring tape part became slowly detached from the little cylindrical piece. I was not even pulling on the tape or anything, it just came apart. Also, it's a poor design in that the cylindrical piece that goes in the little slot doesn't lock in place or anything. It makes it difficult if you are measuring yourself because that piece constantly slides out of the slot. I know this is a cheap product but I expected it to last more than one use. I will have to find an alternative to this tape because I like the idea of it but this one is extremely poor quality.
on February 26, 2007
As a tape measure, it does what it says it does. You press a button and the tape tightens around your body part. You won't have to worry about, "Did I hold the tape tigher last time?" as the tension is always the same for consistent measurements every time. The tape starts measurement at 2" since the tape casing holds the tape and that part measures around 2 inches. I think this tape is accurate plus-or-minus half-an-inch but it sure beats a regular tape measure since at least the button ensures that each time the tape wraps around you at the same tension level.
22 comments| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2015
The tape measure works fine. When I slide it in the slot I have to be careful it doesn't fall out which can be annoying. But the worst part is that it's already torn at the tip. I've had it not even 3 months.
on February 20, 2015
This tape starts at 1 3/4" which by a visit to the manufacturers website is intentional for accurate measurement. But the description here on amazon should mention this. Also mine has torn about a 1/3 of the way through the width of the tape at the pin after using it a few times. This product is poorly designed and will not last very long.
on January 23, 2011
This is such a simple idea, I have no idea why it has taken so long to be put into practice.

I'm a single person who finds it difficult to measure myself by myself, especially around the arms. The fact that I can insert the dowel into the handle, press a button with my thumb, and have the tape retract makes it possible for me to take measurements.
on July 6, 2011
I used to have a tape measure very similar to this and I loved it. But it disappeared so I ordered this one. This tape measure doesn't work nearly as well. With the one I had before when measuring you pressed the button to bring the tape taut and then it stayed in place when you removed it from your body so that you could view the measurement. On this tape measure it only "locks" in place in 1 inch increments. So, if your measurement is in between two lock points then when you remove the tape from your body it contracts to the next lock point and you can no longer see what the fractional measurement was. I need the abilitly to take precise measurements and this product simply falls short.
88 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2015
I am a Certified Personal Trainer and I have to do measurements on my clients, which is important in order to see their progress.... I always say " You don't know where you are going unless you know where you been"! So I was in the market to buy something like this. Trying to make my life a bit easier with having something that will speed up things even if only seconds. This did just that and some. Very accurate and can be used around larger areas of the body or smallest. Locks in place to accurately take the measurement & goes back to its original position with a spring back kinda function (like a tape measure). Not a big product so can fit anywhere i.e., pocket, bag etc. I put this bad boy to use and I highly recommend!