Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Silver|Change
Price:$4.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 165 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 180 reviews
on February 5, 2016
This review is for the replacement blades, not the sharpener, which I have had since 2010 and really like. A year or so ago, I opened the unit and reversed the blades and it kept working well. In January 2016, I ordered replacement blades as fulfilled by Gatzies. It took over two weeks to get them. This is an item that can fit in a #10 envelope.

Now, I don't know whether AccuSharp has changed its blades or whether I got some off-brand junk, but these came with instructions to fit them into the unit in a certain direction (there's a dimple on the surface of each), meaning they shouldn't be reversible like the orginials. Worse, one of them had a ding in the edge--the very part that does the sharpening. After having it dull my blade the first time I tried, I inserted it the "wrong" way and it's better.

I also misunderstood that when it said "two blades" it doesn't mean two sets of blades. Given that the choice between buying a whole new sharpener and these replacement blades is about 50 cents, I'll buy a brand new unit next time. And I won't buy from Gatzies.
on September 28, 2016
1 star is because it is absolutely ridiculous that the replacement blades cost more than the complete tool, both being sold here by the OEM Accu Sharp (as in not different vendors/suppliers). Come on Accu Sharp price the replacement blades legitimately.
on April 29, 2017
Not sure what exactly can be said about a couple replacement blades that cost a couple bucks? They are what they are and fixed my $7 sharpener. So not just a high end product like a new car or anything but they work great
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 14, 2014
I finally got smart and decided to get the replacement blades instead of buying another sharpener. They are very easy to put in the sharpener, and they last a long time. When they get dull, turn them over and you get many more months of sharpening. This AccuSharp is better than any electric sharpener I have ever tried, and these blades are a great bargain !
on June 19, 2017
Neat items, fast delivery, smooth transaction. Excellent!
on July 9, 2017
Worked well on all of my gardening tools
on January 19, 2015
Well since i loved the sharpener so much i went ahead and ordered these so it should last along time.
i have sharpened so many knifes so happy to use some of my knifes i haven't used for awhile. These is a great product for the low price especially.
on September 7, 2012
Man I LOVE a sharp knife. I've gone through a number of knife sharpeners until now.
I paid $130 for a Chef's choice 120. I found something better, and a hell of a lot
cheaper. The Accusharp knife sharpener for $15. This knife sharpener is FANTASTIC!
A couple of tips. I have carbon knifes and stainless steel knifes. Using the
Accusharp on the stainless steel knifes was fantastic. However using it on the
carbon blades afterwards, wasn't all that great.
I bought a second Accusharp to use on the carbon blade knifes. Man now it's great.
Using the two Accusharps I have a set of knifes that are razor sharp. Both will slice
thru a page of paper with no problem.
One extra thought: Using this sharpener MAY take a LITTLE time to become familiar to
use it to its maximum. In my experience, it won't take long, ant it is worth it.
Mark
on May 24, 2016
I've seen reviews from snobby cooks/chefs denigrating the ACCU system. I have found nothing else that will resurrect a marginal knife so quickly. I'm not saying I would use these routinely on high-end knifes, but whenever a friend asks me to help with a knife, this (and of course the whole system) will do the job. I use sparingly to reshape when necessary on daily prep knives.
on September 1, 2016
Super easy to replace worn ones with these new blades. Order arrived promptly.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question