Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

I have several dial (analog bourdon tube) gauges to measure tire pressure, plus a Milton inflater with a built-in gauge. My (GM) car also has TPMS. My service dept claims the TPMS is accurate to within about 1lb. This Accutire gauge is in exact agreement with the TPMS in the car, and one of the dial gauges. The other gauge and the inflater are about 2lbs off. With dial type gauges, some interpretation is required at times depending on the divisions of the scale. The 2 dial gauges I have use 2lb divisions. So if the pointer is somewhere between 34 & 36lbs, is it 35, or 34.5? This is why I wanted a digital gauge.

Having 4 gauges all reading within 2lbs of each other is very reassuring. This digital gauge seems to be very accurate. The metal housing allows a firm grip, and should stand up to continued use. It uses commonly available CR2023 batteries which are replaceable. It does NOT have a lifetime lithium battery.

The flaws are minor, thus my 4-star rating. As other reviewers stated, the LED light is not very useful, but you can just ignore this by not pushing the flashlight button. The tire valve chuck also does take a little getting used to, as others have said. But it's not that hard, and with a few tries, you can get a reliable seal and accurate reading.

The other thing is that you must hold the gauge on the tire valve for 1 or 2 seconds for it to "lock-in." I've found that you can push the gauge on the valve and get a reading, but if you don't wait long enough it goes back to zero immediately after removing the gauge. By keeping the gauge on for a second or 2, the pressure reading is retained for about 10 seconds, making it much easier to read. The instructions that come with the gauge state this is a feature to "zero" the gauge to ensure accuracy.
review imagereview image
on March 2, 2018
This is a great tire pressure gauge!! I had one and bought another to keep in both cars. What I most like about it is that each time you push it onto the valve stem it will reset and take a new reading. The cheaper digital gauges require that you turn them off and back on to get a new reading. It's built really nice and I noticed that this one came with name brand batteries. You do have to install the batteries, which I consider a good idea. It's easy but does require a small phillips screwdriver. Great buy!!
on August 17, 2017
I received this item approximately the middle of April and have used it around 8 times and keep it in my kitchen hall cabinet so as not have it exposed to any of weather elements. The last time (about 4.5 months later) I used it I noticed a crack along the whole display window. I informed JB Tool Sales about this and was told it was outside of their returns window another term for "go away." This is just another example of an item bought in good faith that was defective. I had the same pressure guage previously for 5 years with no problems. I am tired of being expected to take a loss on items bought in good faith. They should contact the manufacturer and get me a replacement. Its clear they don't care about their customers.
on January 18, 2015
Looks good but horrible function!!! Rubber on end where it connects to the valve stem always slides down & screws up the reading plus lets unwanted air out of the tire when it does it. Extremely frustrating design. Looks cool but not very functional!
on June 11, 2013
I recently received (6) of these that were to be used for customer gifts.
When testing one of the items, Nothing worked. Opened up battery compartment to remove the typical insulator plastic, and NOTHING, No batteries. So, I opened the other 5, they had all been in their clear plastic clam shells. And, Nothing, no batteries.

I've ordered these before, similar quantities. This is the 1st time this has occurred.

Also, I just noticed a "5 year warranty" on the description card. Hadn't noticed that before.

So, Measurement Ltd., Where are the batteries?

Talked with Steven at Measurement Ltd. Great guy! answered on 1st ring.
"Batteries are taped to the back of the black storage pouch."
Changed from being pre-installed due to shelf life.

Rating amended to 5 starts, Bonus for customer service.
on January 13, 2016
I love the Accutire digital tire gauge. The backlight makes it so easy to see the reading and the reading is accurate. Fits easily on the valve step to take the reading so there is no fumbling around. Comes with its own case so it is easy to store i the car or toolbox without fear of damage.
on February 15, 2018
on March 2, 2014
I got one of these as a gift in 2002 and it lasted 11 years! I was so happy with it i bought another one when the original finally stopped working.

Unfortunately they don't make 'em like they used to as it seems the quality has really gone downhill. Right out of the box the new one didn't work. Very disappointed.
on March 18, 2018
works very well,no problems
on March 5, 2017
Good Product. Very accurate and easy to use. Led light works good at dark nights
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.