Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 5, 2013
Update to this review.

3/27/2014 - AMAZON completely rescued this experience for me. Their customer service is without question the best I have ever experienced. Thank you Amazon. I will be loyal for life. Amazon is AMAZING!

3/24/2014 - Something is wrong with the fan or motor after 14 months of use by one person who is only home 3 days a week. It sounds like a propeller plane engine starting for take off every time it come out of "Sleep" mode,"Starting", or "Restarting" lasting 30 or more minutes each time. I purchased this Acer Nov. 17, 2012, as a Christmas gift for my husband and it was unopened until Dec 24, 2012. Six weeks ago, 3 months after the warranty was up, but after only 14 months of sporadic actual use, by an airline pilot who is gone more than half the month, it began making "engine noises" like a playing card in a bicycle spoke. At first we just shut it down and it started back up fine, now it is doing it all the time. This ACER was remarkably expensive to only last 14 months, by someone who uses it 3 days a week. No one else touches this computer, it has one owner. It is not a family computer.

The following was my original review, when I called it ART, I had no idea that is all it would be?
AMAZON HELP!

1/3/2013 The original review:
This desktop is art. It is beautiful to look at.
Love windows 8, the touch screen is amazing. Remote hand swiping with the web cam is clever.
Why Apple didn't make their new OS desktop a touch screen is beyond me?
2 people found this helpful
on August 23, 2013
We purchased in early 2013 through Amazon. I wanted to write this review as one of our family members is researching/buying a 27" all-in-one and saw few reviews on Amazon. While touch screens aren't new, 27" all-in-one's aren't that common yet, and I suspect others are reluctant to make sizeable purchases without being able to see in person. We had to rely on just a few reviews ourselves, hence I thought I'd provide a review of how the machine looks and feels in person along with some performance observations (i.e. nuances not available via the specs).

Size Matters - The design shines, but don't underestimate the difference a few inches makes. There are some 25" all-in-one's on the market, and they look so much smaller than the 27's. I was really surprised to see just how much of a difference a mere 2" made. To me it's night and day and worth the significant price differential. The resolution is on par with our Samsung televisions.

Design - This is a truly beautiful machine we keep in our kitchen as our family PC and a multimedia center. The design rivals a Mac (not biased, we have both), and certainly it blows all of the other all-in-one PCs out of the water. The entire face is glass and the matching bluetooth mouse and keyboard allow for a huge display to fit within a small footprint. It sits on a small metal arm that contains the wires and allows the user to angle the monitor vertical or flat .

Performance observations - In terms of performance, the i5 chip is obviously not as fast as an i7 (comparing to my laptop), but I only observed this when moving massive amounts of data, e.g. when processing hundreds of GB of data and organizing large home video files (most users wouldn't likely be able to tell). We usually buy top of the line everything, but Dell was the only other manufacturer offering a 27" all-in-one with an i7 and it was north of $2,500 when configured with similar specs/components that are standard on the Acer (e.g. Blu-ray player, USB 3.0 ports). As we have had bad experiences with dell and found other PC manufacturer's to be quite clunky looking, we opted to purchase.

Windows 8/8.1: While I'm not reviewing the OS (google it), Windows 8.1 is a huge improvement over what was a smoking fast OS, with a lot of bugs. While I had other issues/complaints, most people really hated the lack of a start button, which is back. We have the preview version (available to anyone), and the final release is forthcoming (it's considered an "update" not an "upgrade" and will be automatic/free).
4 people found this helpful
on November 20, 2012
I was sceptical whether it will be not enough speed or not enough quality. But once received product, it was ready to go. Keyboard and Mouse was great quality. The touch screen is very large it fills my whole desk, 10 finger touch is very responsive. It even has hands-free control like kinect. The processor is excellent speed. The product was firs day it was available and I received in 2 days.
I definetly would recommend this Acer, especially for your office but you can play as well. It has an HDMI input so you can watch TV, DVD or play Xbox games on it.

Thanks
Ray Yagubyan
8 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on July 16, 2014
I bought this product when it was relatively new hardware, in direct contrast to my usual practices. From experience and theory, new hardware and software are bad buys simply because final beta testing/charley testing--is consumer based. I however had experience with Acer as a seller of sophisticated hardware and actually had faith in them, which is something I generally deride. This has more input ports than the competition. It has two HDMI in and one HDMI out. It has 2 easily accessible USB 3.0 ports. A downside is that it's designed for an optical output, which means a receiver rather than the normal computer sound system. The keyboard didn't last long; the blue tooth on my original doesn't work at all well, but I regard that as a peripheral. The speed is admirable for what it is. Because of my experience with this and an Acer laptop I wouldn't hesitate to buy other Acer hardware.
on March 25, 2013
PROS: Great package, visually appealing.

CONS: Very slow set-up. Would not power up without complete reset and power cord plug/unplug. ACER tech support was somewhat helpful but told me the system reset they walked me through would take 45 minutes and it took 6 hours. Clearly, my 7600 was defective...however, I will not ever buy another ACER and am requesting a return right now. I had this in operation for all of 15 hours. Very disappointing.
on April 12, 2013
We are using these as kiosks - mounted on the wall in a wooden frame we made. We purchased the mounts with them. Unit is made real nice and made well - desktop stand is slick - made of metal! Works well other than the crappy windows 8 which is so much more hard to learn with than 7 and back - so different. Why screw up a good thing?
|22 comments|Report abuse
on February 19, 2013
I was unhappy w/ the documentation that came with the computer. Some of the actions on the main page were wrong. BUT the small document about the power pack and the ac hookup were the worst. The power pack is indicated as beng on the back of the computer.However there is a notation that the mounting brackets are not included nor is there any indication of how to mount them on the back of the computer. Screws are indicated but there are no holes in the back of the computer to secure them.
The ac hookup shows REMOVING the folding arm that is the support for the computer and installing a small black plastic cover so that the power plug can be inserted. But there is no way to put the supporting arm back on to hold up the computer. I chatted w/ someone at Acer yesterday but they were of no help. They gave me a case # and a phone to call. I called and the woman's English was hard to understand. When we got to the power hook up, she said she could not help me and to get some technical help locally. I have submitted my ? to Acer and attached a photo of the hook up but got no reply. In accessing my acer a/c and the answers to my questions, the answer was SOLVED. And that is where I am at this moment. No working computer. Bad purchase.
One person found this helpful
on December 14, 2012
Just received this from Amazon. Pros....It is beautiful. Cons....I cant get the wireless mouse or keyboard to work.
Instructions leave a lot to be desired, but it appears there is a space for a dongle to plug into the lower right rear of the machine according to pic instructions. Doesn't work. Rebooting doesn't work. Taking the dongle and plugging it into any of the other USB ports doesn't work.
And yes,I even put the batteries in the keyboard and mouse and even turned on the mouse. And yes, I tried new batteries just in case the ones shipped with the computer were old.
Very Very Very frustrating why something like this that should be so easy is not working. It is also hard to find documentation on Acer's site about this model, and I have found the user manual to be equally as useless.

Acer you guys have a beautiful machine here, can we please get it together...This is the type of stuff that kills brands.
I bought this for business use and do not have time to deal with returns / exchanges or shlepping it off to get repaired.

Can anyone help me PLEASE!!!
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 7, 2013
big screen nice touch.
i like it very much. if it have i7 i will buy another one.

nice nice
on August 6, 2013
This is a small footprint all-in-one with a very large screen. The machine itself is very attractive and performs very well. I run finite difference Fortran simulations in the background while running Outlook, Word etc actively and notice no lag. For what you get as regards technical specs, it is expensive though. But for the whole package, the price is decent. Windows 8 startup is significantly slower than on my built-for-Windows 8 Lenovo laptop, but it's not ridiculous. Once it starts up, performance is pretty good as I have already described.

PROS
- Small footprint; attractive
- Quiet
- Good performance

CONS
- Touchscreen stops responding after some time, then I have to reboot. This could be because I use a Wacom pen tablet with the machine though.
- Slow startup (at least compared to my other Windows 8 PC)
- Pricey

Summary: I would buy it again and would recommend it to a friend if asked.
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.