Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Acer Black 10.1" Aspire One AOD257-13404 Netbook PC (Intel Atom N455 Processor, Windows 7 Starter, 1GB DDR3, 250GB Hard drive, Webcam, Black)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on August 25, 2011
I bought one of these for my nephew, however I wanted to setup kid based theme and couldn't do that with Windows Starter 7. I upgraded it to Windows 7 home premium (from USB stick) and upgraded it to 2GB ram and added a 4GB Class X SDHC card for readyboost, 8GB USB stick and mini optical mouse. Setup like that, its nearly a full featured laptop.

So, on sale for $229, plus upgrades, I spent $280 (I had extra license of Windows 7 to use for free) and had a great laptop for my nephew. I was able to stream netflix and hulu, the display is great, has 3 USB ports, works great!!!

My ONLY complaint was that it was difficult to upgrade RAM. You have to remove keyboard just to get to inside screws.... a design NOT intended for DYI upgrade....
on February 12, 2012
was looking to use surfing & small size & light weight were very important; wanted a unit that could easily go into a backpack or the car & wasn't a boat anchor to lift. i also looked at apple notebooks but chose this instead due to smaller size & price. if you have issues with small keyboards this may not be for you (my husband much prefers larger units). it comes with windows 7 which was so slow with its wordfill drove me crazy. Now running linux on it & won't go back to windows. was looking also to take on travels & was able to tuck into a zippered notepad (paper) pouch to protect it & it worked great. found speakers are low volume but hope to improve with laptop pad with speakers to cure that. my third use as part of travel was to tethering but haven't tried that yet. a great black friday deal at $150; was very happy with my purchase & use daily. may try to add more ram.
on September 22, 2014
I ordered this netbook for school and Drill weekends with the National Guard, partially based on the description saying Windows 7. Unfortunately, when I received the laptop and powered it up, it appears there is no OS installed on it. Now I have to shell out another $100 for Win7. Thanks.

Update- Opened up the laptop, it doesn't even have a hard drive in it. Changing to 1 star, what the hell man.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2013
This is a very compact and practical laptop computer which is ideal for travel. We use it for our international travel.
on April 30, 2013
Exactly what i purchased very good very portable to use and handle and well planning on buying one for my daughter
on May 24, 2014
This is a very good product. I bought it "used" and I have had no problems with it. It was a great bargain, and I am very pleased with it!!
on June 24, 2013
Purchased for my son. He enjoys using it, however, it probably could use another 1 GB of memory to speed it up a notch.
on October 12, 2014
Purchase this lap top for my son. He likes it, so no complaints here.
on February 18, 2015