Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Acer Aspire AS5250-0639 15.5" Laptop (1.65 GHz AMD Dual-Core Processor E-450, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive, DVD+/-RW Optical Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on May 11, 2013
I went out to purchase a new laptop for my parents after their Toshiba finally gave it up after over 10 years or so. I got a new HP at Walmart but to my horror, all new computers only have Windows 8! My poor parents wouldn't stand a chance with this including myself. I needed to look at used ones or have to pay $70 to get Windows 7 put on. It was suggested I try an Acer and slightly used seemed better than refurbished so I went with it. My computer arrived in almost new condition, has nice large sturdy keyboard for elderly eyes and lovely bright screen. I am very happy to have it and everything works perfectly. I hope Microsoft reconsiders forcing everyone into Windows 8 since it will never be appropriate for us since we don't want the touch screen or other devices, just a basic laptop. The Acer with Windows 7 gave us just that!
on March 20, 2013
I have another Acer, this one is a little slow and the annoying pop ups from McAfee are so frustrating. It seems slow most of the time, I'm not sure what it is...weird. I bought it for my husband to do homework so I guess it serves it's purpose.
on January 25, 2013
I bought one of these while deployed and liked it so much that I bought another for my wife back in the States. For the price you simply can't beat this laptop. I have had it now for over a year and have not had one single problem with it. My wife has had hers for a few months and she has no complaints either. The HDMI capability turned out to to great too as I just plugged it into my TV and my laptop became my entertainment system in HD quality. You will of course have to buy a seperate HDMI cable, but thats standard on any laptop you buy. If you need a RELIABLE laptop that works ever bit as fast as anything on the market with a great webcam for Skype, and great quality sound fo rmusic and movies then I recommend this laptop all day long.
on February 8, 2013
If I could give a "0", I would. I ordered this for my brother. No sooner did the return window close than the operating system began to fail, first randomly blue-screening, and then announcing the OS was counterfeit. Now he's stuck with a $360 paperweight. Next time we'll go to Best Buy, they actually have service.
Edit: Acer finally agreed to take it back and redo the OS. It appears to be working now, but if you buy it, budget an additional $30 in shipping to send it to Acer to redo the OS. Still a "1" star rating, products shouldn't have to be returned to be fixed.
This is my second ACER laptop and both have and are giving me good service. I like the markings on the KEYS so you know what is going to happen when you press the key. For example, if you want to put the computer to sleep, press Fn and F4 (There is a sleep icon on the F4 key) Performance has been reliable, I haven't had any significant problems, and I hope they will continue to use Windows 7.
on June 27, 2013
There are 3 usb ports and it's a common problem that the two on the right side stop working. google it and you will see for yourself. I do a lot of mulitmedia work so this laptop is fast becoming useless for me.
Also it's quite sluggish doing the most mundane of tasks. it wasn't at first, but it's not the workhorse that other acers have been.
on February 3, 2013
We surprised our soon-to-be teenager with this for Christmas. Was easy to get her up and running. Once, about a week after Christmas, it wouldn't shut down so I popped out the battery and when I replaced it everthing was fine. Yesterday morning it ran a Windows Automatic Startup Repair.. and it's been fine since. I was nervous on both occations since this is a very inexpensive machine.. but it seems to be doing okay. She loves it.
on February 15, 2013
I had originally purchased a new computer with Windows 8 installed in it, but after two days of struggling and frustration with the program I sent it back. I was thrilled to find this laptop with Windows 7 installed already. Although I had originally wanted the 17" screen, this one was more in my price range but it has worked out just fine for me.
So far I've had no problems and am very happy with this purchase.
on April 12, 2013
well im in shock. i love acer computers had great luck with them. however even though the laptop is nice the windows 7 programming on this laptop sucks(have windows 7 on other computers and it works fine) i dont know why it dont work right on this one. i have another acer i need to fix and have windows 7 reinstalled (broke due to my stupidity not acer). thats why i bought this one. over all it works great but i have to restart once in while because when scrolling the page will become all distorted and scrambled. this is not the actual laptop itself its the programming.

08/31/2013
well i changed my review on this laptop. 1. i dont think it was the laptop that was messing up or even the windows 7 programming. i think it was the browser that was causing all the problems. i downloaded google chrome and it seems to be working pretty damn good. i wont say what browser was messing up but its working great now.
on March 13, 2013
A relative of the family who knows a lot about computers highly recommended the Acer. In fact it is No. 1 on his list of brand name computers to buy. This is a Birthday/Christmas present for my daughter and she is very pleased with it. She very happy that it also has a disk drive.