|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1336 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||2.53 GHz Intel Core i3|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3-SDRAM|
|Memory Speed||1066 MHz|
|Hard Drive||500 GB SATA|
|Card Description||Graphics Media AcceleratorHD|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||128 MB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||3.5 hours|
Acer AS5742-6475 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2.53 GHz Intel Core i3-380M dual-core processor
- 4 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (1066 MHz)
- 500 GB SATA hard drive (5400 RPM), 8x SuperMulti DVD±R/RW drive
- 15.6-inch HD widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit display, Intel HD Graphics
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Top Customer Reviews
I could summarize the pros and cons of this machine in this way:
* Intel I3 is fast enough to perform programming work. Very good in multitasking.
* 4G ram gives you a very good program execution with fast access to resources.
* 500GB of storage is great for pictures and work documents.
* EXCELENT display (HD with Led).
* Good image quality for the built-in web cam.
* Quiet enough (fan and hard drive).
* Over 4 hours battery (six cells), NICE!.
* The worst thing of this machine is its SOUND. Only one mono speaker is SAD.
* The keyboard seems to be weak. I am afraid that in the short term it could fail.
* The mouse smart-pad should be located one inch more to the right side to avoid accidental touches.
* You must push hard to plug in something in the USB ports.
Funny note: I bought this laptop in Amazon and some software from Ebay was found installed in it from factory!!.
Note for international buyers. This laptop will be sent to your country within a huge box!, then if your local carrier charges you for volume weight, you could be overcharged.
Most sub-$500 notebooks don't have great processors. This one comes with a dual-core I3 with two hyperthreads per core, meaning it can run four tasks at one time (cheaper processors lack hyperthreading and can only run one task per core). I was a little worried about the Intel HD graphics (though the new HD chip is supposedly much better than the old GMA 4500MHD), but so far it has performed well. I would have preferred the Radeon HD 4250 or similar chip, but these all come with AMD processors in this price range and I felt the I3-380M was significantly better than the AMD chips I was seeing. I also wanted at least 4GB of memory and a 500MB hard drive, and many cheaper notebooks skimp on one or the other. Running Windows 7 with less than 4GB can be an excercise in frustration and is not recommended.
The screen is good, though it's sensitive to viewing angle. The DVD drive is noisy, as are most laptop DVD drives. No Blue-Ray or lightscribe. You have to write out your own recovery disks (4 DVDs worth). I like the keyboard and the touchpad is good (unlike other reviewers, I don't mind the placement). Having three USB ports has been useful (and I don't find them hard to plug things into). I wanted both HDMI and VGA output on my laptop (for presentations) and this computer has them.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I used it more than a year, does all the work I need to do. Can't expect more with this price.Published on August 23, 2013 by Baichun Shi
I don't write much reviews but this one is a most.....
I have this laptop for over 2 years now and still runs pretty good.... Read more
This is an ok laptop, just don't expect it to last. I had to return once for repair and now the cd rom drive is dead.Published on December 16, 2012 by Amazon Customer
I bought this computer as a present for a friend who had been using a desktop for more than 8 years now and needed a new computer. Read morePublished on March 27, 2012 by Oh Lime
i luv this computer its good when you have to put realy push to get the usb in i have a dell and my camera connects through a usb and it is always falling out wen i am trying to... Read morePublished on July 30, 2011 by chase
I had this computer for a while now and its working great. This was the first acer computer i decide to purchase and so far i am a happy consumer.Published on July 27, 2011 by Kenny
I'm a law student and needed a new laptop for school at not a high price (I bought it for $500). Worked great for 3 weeks, then refused to load windows or work in any way (it... Read morePublished on July 6, 2011 by Kenneth J. Black
When I first opened the the laptop I noticed that the keyboard was cheap. It didn't have the grooves on the keys and you could barely feel the bumb on F and J. Read morePublished on July 5, 2011 by Sayfong Fong
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.