The 3G-enabled Acer Aspire One for AT&T.
It comes pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system, which combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. It includes new Windows 7 features like Jump Lists to help you to better find and manage files, and connecting to printers and peripherals is easier than ever. (Learn more about Windows 7 Starter below.)
A 160 GB hard disk drive (HDD) provides a wealth of on-the-go storage, and the Aspire One is powered by the 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 processor, which is designed especially for mobile devices and features an innovative hafnium-infused circuitry that reduces electrical current leakage in transistors to conserve energy. The integrated 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) will keep you connected to e-mail and all your social networks. Other features include 1 GB of RAM, built-in speakers and microphone, and a multi-format memory card reader.
- Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do--less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. And Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. (Learn more)
- 10.1-inch LED-backlit CrystalBrite screen (1024 x 600 resolution)
- 1.60 GHz Intel Atom N270 processor combines performance and efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile (Learn more)
- 160 GB hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM
- 0.3-megapixel webcam with integrated microphone
- 54g Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Bluetooth connectivity enables you to communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and cell phones.
- 89 percent full-sized keyboard
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Multi-in-1 memory card reader compatible with MultiMediaCard, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, and xD-Picture Card
- Video: VGA
- Audio: 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- AT&T Communication Manager (ACM) 7.0 with a redesigned, user-friendly interface automatically connects you to available AT&T Hot Spots when the program is activated.
- Pre-loaded software includes Microsoft Works for word processing and spreadsheet work. Enjoy a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
- Dimensions: 10.04 x 7.2 x 1.06 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including high-speed color Internet access and e-mail on the go.
Send and receive e-mail, browse the Internet or access your corporate intranet on the AT&T 3G wireless network. You can also supplement your data usage with Wi-Fi hotspots by leveraging available Wi-Fi first--at home, at your business--then your data plan. AT&T offers free access to thousands of AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots, such as at airports, popular coffee shops, and more. AT&T offers two pricing options for two-year contracts:
- DataConnect 5 GB: Good for heavy to moderate data usage, this plan includes 5 GB of domestic wireless data usage. Additional per KB charges apply for data usage over 5 GB. This plan is not unlimited, and not recommended as a replacement for your DSL or cable service.
- DataConnect 200 MB: Recommended for the light data user who occasionally checks e-mail and accesses the Internet 3 to 4 times a week, this plan includes 200 MB of domestic wireless data usage. Additional wireless data usage over 200 MB is automatically charged at $0.10 per MB; unused MBs do not carry over.
Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do--less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. Windows 7 Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows.
|Simpler and easier to use||Built with the latest technology||Makes home networking easy|
| || || |