|Screen Size||14 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1336 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||1.3 GHz Pentium|
|RAM||3 GB DDR3-SDRAM|
|Memory Speed||1066 MHz|
|Hard Drive||320 GB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Card Description||Graphics Media Accelerator|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||1759 MB|
|Wireless Type||802.11 B/G, 802.11B|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||8 hours|
Acer Aspire 4810TZ-4011 Timeline 14.0-Inch Laptop
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Intel Pentium Processor SU2700 1.30GHz Processor (2MB L2 cache, 1.30GHz, 800MHz FSB)
- 3GB DDR3 1066 SDRAM
- 320GB 5400RPM Hard Drive, SuperMulti Optical Drive
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, 6 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (up to 8 Hours of Battery Life)
- 14.0" WXGA TFT LCD Display (1366 x 768), Intel Graphics Media accelerator 4500MHD
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
1. The delivery was quick and packaging was good.
2. The looks of the laptop are fantastic. Love the isolation-type keyboard. The screen hinges could have been more solid but for a lightweight machine appear ok.
3. The eject button for the CD, various ports, the card reader, are all very suitably positioned.
4. The colours of the screen are beautiful. There are setup options to adjust those to taste, but I did not need to use them.
5. The laptop was easy to set up. I loaded the battery for about an hour before starting, perhaps an overkill, and was rewarded with a blue light coming from beneath the touchpad.
6. Setting up Vista for the first time was much quicker than my last XP setup on a netbook. Feels natural so far.
7. Soon after startup I was prompted to create recovery disks, and made two DVDs with the system and one with software.
8. There is (was) a lot of preloaded software. I spent a good deal of time finding out what it does (on Google) and cleaning most of it up.
9. People who have complained from performance issues maybe should take care to remove the redundant backup software (two or three of those pre-installed?!), the trial antivirus and other FUD nonsense.
10. I registerted for a FREE copy of Windows 7 for Timeline owners, to be shipped in October (woot!).
11. Set up Skype (after combating for a while with the firewall settings of Vista), and made a call -- the sound is good, the mic is well positioned, the camera works fine, even better after peeling off the protective plastic sheet :)
12. Tested a youtube video in HD and it did not play smooth, which was a disappointment.Read more ›
The keys are spaced very well for me ... the keyboard has an excellent feel. The glossy black finish is a bit unfortunate, as they instantly show smudging. The trackpad mouse button does indeed require Thumb of Steel, but nicely accomodates left- and right-clicking without being separated into two buttons.
I'm amazed at how happy I am with the screen. I don't like the glassy displays, but as long as the backlighting is intense, it can be used in fairly bright light. That's the case with this screen. The resolution is very crisp. I have not had any need or desire to adjust the color settings.
Speakers are not great in terms of volume, but I just can't imagine docking a review for that quibble. The laptop is thin and light - get some headphones!
The battery life is phenomenal, as advertised; the first time I've ever had a laptop that performed within 50% of the advertised battery life.
The CPU is probably a little underpowered for Vista, but not terribly so. I'm sure that I will be happier with Windows 7 when it comes out.
Now for Linux. I shrunk the Vista partition down drastically using GParted from an Ubuntu 9.04 live CD. After that was done and I rebooted, Vista determined that something was wrong and launched a repair process that took a very long time to complete (2 hours+). It then came up into Vista and I have had no problems with it.
I formatted most of the freed space to give over to Ubuntu. I was completely floored by how much worked immediately: sound, wireless, keyboard control of volume, webcam, USB ... wow. After upgrading to a slightly newer Linux kernel (2.6.Read more ›
Just noticed !!! the DVD burner does NOT Burn DVDs... I did a full system recovery, and nope...just can't !!! I would leave three stars if I could change my rating because Acer warranty helpline is toll free, easily reachable and extremely courteous. I have yet to see if international warranty is worth something cause I took it back to France or do I have to mail it in the US...I got a lemon, it happens.
Let's forget this unusual defect, and focus on the rest
The positives :
- I like the keyboard a lot (flat keys, well spaced, shiny surface...yes, fingerprints stay, and stays cool)
- very silent fan
- very bright screen with the led backlight, no prob to work outdoors
- computer top, and screen don't get hot at all
- two finger operations on the touchpad (zoom in and out with two fingers, keep scrolling with circular motion, backward and forward with right and left swipe)
- neat design (overall), looks smart, feels sturdy
- audio jack connections on the side
- nice specs (320 gb of hd, 3gb ddr3)
- great battery life
- fast enough
- stable system
- audio digital output
- hdmi and vga video output
- it did reboot once on its own (crashed) when fast forwarding a video on vlc, but I cannot make it happen again, I believe it has been fixed by the windows updates (anyway, this would be a vista issue that would get solved by windows 7 upgrade, or did already get solved buy the automatic updates)
- free upgrade to windows 7 (the form is in the computer box, whether the reseller tells you about it or not)
- sound quality is nice, but not loud
- no firewire port ! come-on, how do you connect your camcorder - sure, you can by an adapter
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My first Acer, and I will go back for more! Running smooth for 3 years, 6+ hrs is not uncommon. It has traveled to many places and still ready to go at the press of a button. Read morePublished on December 16, 2012 by F. Lewis
very dissappointed they said 8 hours,i would be happy with 4.After getting rid of all the junk it came with and doing all i could to speed it up and improve battery life i get 2-3... Read morePublished on September 20, 2010 by mark twain
No question this is the best buy 14'' laptop I ever had and I am changing laptops every year. Stable system, quiet, good sound, long time battery (more than 5 hours after 6... Read morePublished on May 27, 2010 by Dario Knez
My son saved up his money for this lap top.
It worked for 4 months, it will not even boot up.
It would help if we had a cd rom, but that quit working even before the hard... Read more
I'm not usually one to post reviews, but I feel the need to since the majority of the existing reviews are completely inaccurate. Read morePublished on February 27, 2010 by Joe D
The machine came with a certificate for Windows 7, which arrived after a phone call inquiring as to its whereabouts. Read morePublished on February 22, 2010 by Sailbad
I've never purchased an acer computer before, only a scanner way back in the 90s. I've always been good with Windows computers and I fix all of my family's computer problems. Read morePublished on January 7, 2010 by IlovesAmazon
Love it. After four months heavy usage - absolutely no complaints, thank God. The 8 hour battery is a marvel. Good job, Acer.Published on December 4, 2009 by Readsalot
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.