Acer Aspire One 3G 8.9-Inch Netbook, Blue (AT&T)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Full-function netbook in sapphire blue with 8.9-inch display, integrated webcam, and 3-cell battery with up to 3-hours of use
- Check email, browse the Web or access your corporate intranet on the AT&T 3G wireless network; includes unlimited Wi-Fi access to nearly 20,000 AT&T Hot Spots
- 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor, 160 GB hard disk drive, 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB max), 54g Wi-Fi LAN (802.11b/g), 10/100 Ethernet
- Connectivity: 3 USB, 1 headphone, 1 microphone, multi-format memory card slot, VGA monitor output
- Pre-installed with Microsoft Windows XP operating system
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Personal computing just got a whole lot smaller with the slender Acer Aspire One 3G netbook with 8.9-inch screen, which includes built-in AT&T 3G wireless capabilities as well as unlimited access to AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots. A great choice for business travelers who like to travel light, the affordable ultra-lightweight Aspire One weighs just over 2 pounds and features a vibrant 8.9-inch CrystalBrite WSVGA LED backlit display, integrated webcam for easy video chatting, 160 GB hard drive and Windows XP operating system. Offering a cool deep blue hue, the netbook's smooth surface is comfortable to touch, and it's accented with distinctive details, such as the attractive orange hinge ring.
The integrated webcam at the top of the screen's bezel provides easy access to video chatting (see larger image).
A great choice for light-packing business travlers, it comes with Windows XP Home, a 160 GB hard drive, and a 3-cell batter for up to 3 hours of battery life.
Weighing just 2.17 pounds, the stylish Acer Aspire One goes anywhere with you.
It comes preinstalled with the Microsoft Windows XP Home operating system, which offers more experienced users an enhanced and innovative experience that incorporates Windows Live features like Windows Live Messenger for instant messaging and Windows Live Mail for consolidated email accounts on your desktop.
AT&T Mobile Broadband Service
This netbook features integrated high-speed 3G cellular connectivity via AT&T's mobile broadband data network, which is available in most major metropolitan areas. The AT&T 3G network uses the dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network (UMTS/HSDPA), which provides download speeds ranging from 700 Kbps to 1.7 Mbps, and upload speeds ranging from 500 Kbps to 1.2 Mbps.
Send and receive email, browse the Internet or access your corporate intranet on the AT&T 3G wireless network. And with the netbook's integrated Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), you'll be able to connect seamlessly to Wi-Fi networks at home, at your business, in airports and more with unlimited domestic access to the nation's largest Wi-Fi network featuring nearly 20,000 AT&T Hot Spots. AT&T is offering two options for two-year contracts:
- DataConnect 5 GB: Good for heavy to moderate data usage, this plan includes 5 GB of domestic wireless data usage and access to thousands of AT&T Wi–Fi hotspots. Additional per KB charges apply for data usage over 5 GB. This plan is not unlimited, and not recommended as a replacement for your DSL or cable service.
- DataConnect 200 MB: Recommended for the light data user who occasionally checks email and accesses the Internet 3–4 times a week, this plan includes 200 MB of domestic wireless data usage and access to thousands of AT&T Wi–Fi hotspots. Additional wireless data usage over 200 MB is automatically charged at $10 for 100 MB; unused MBs do not carry over.
The Intel Atom processor uses a brand new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and it uses just 2.5 watts of power--less than 1/10 of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor--for excellent battery management. This 1.6 GHz Atom N270 processor also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).
Storage & Memory
This version of the Aspire One comes with a 160 GB hard disk drive (5400 RPM), which offers enough to room to hold a digital audio library of over 26,000 songs and still have room left over for movies, games, and a large collection of software. This Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0. The 1 GB of installed RAM (512 MB onboard memory and one 512 MB DIMM, 533 MHz) can be expanded to a maximum of 1.5 GB of RAM,
Because of its size, the Aspire One does not come with an integrated optical drive, but optional CD/DVD read/write drives can be connected to the laptop via one of the three USB ports, enabling you to create your music mixes, burn movies to DVD, and more.
In addition to built-in mobile broadband connectivity via AT&T's fast 3G network, the Aspire One notebook has an integrated 54g wireless LAN (Acer InviLink) that's compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g networks and offers Acer's SignalUp technology for enhanced antenna efficiency. This notebook provides the following connections:
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Secure Digital (SD) card reader, also compatible with MultiMedia cards (MMCs)
- Multi-in-one card reader supports SD, MMC, Memory Stick/Memory Stick PRO, and XD Picture Cards
- 1 VGA monitor port
- 1 headphone jack and 1 microphone jack
- RJ-45 port for 10/100 Fast Ethernet connection
- 56K modem port (V.90)
Screen, Video and Audio
The 8.9-inch screen has a WSVGA resolution (1024 x 600) and support for up a 262K color depth. Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, which uses shared video memory with the main memory. Acer's CrystalBrite display technology guarantees the best possible visual experience by preventing the diffusion of surrounding light and internal ray. Compared to normal TFT LCDs, Acer CrystalBrite technology is able to read color coordinates more accurately, thus minimizing distortion and creating high-fidelity colors in all environments. This notebook also includes an integrated audio card with Microsoft DirectSound compatibility, and it includes two stereo speakers.
What's in the Box
This package contains the Acer Aspire One notebook PC, rechargeable 3-cell lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions.