|Screen Size||10.1 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1024 x 600 pixels|
|Processor||1.83 GHz Intel Atom|
|RAM||1 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||160 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||64 MB|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||8 hours|
Acer Aspire AO533-23571 10.1-Inch Netbook (Glossy Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- No need to look any further for the perfect Netbook, the Acer Aspire One AO533 has it all! Engage in online activities easier and longer with 8-hours battery life and fun, powerful features in a ultra-thin design that travels light.
- The 10.1-Inch LED-backlit display (1024 x 600 resolution) presents crisp, clear imagery for a great web browsing experience for on-line chats, email, surfing the web and more while being ultra portable.
- With the Intel Atom processor get more done in less time! Enjoy the responsive performance needed for email, social networking, watching movies and viewing Internet videos while taking advantage of today's most demanding applications.
- The wide Multi-Gesture Touchpad with anti-slip microbead texture gives you precise control and mouseless, fingertip convenience when navigating through web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more.
- This portable Netbook features a 6-cell battery that fits flush into the chassis, further streamlining the Netbook's look and providing up to 8-hours cable-free battery life on a single charge!
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Acer AO533-23571 comes with these high level Specs. Intel Atom Processor N475, Windows 7 Starter, 10.1-Inch WSVGA LED-backlit Display, Mobile Intel NM10 Express Chipset, Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, 1024MB DDR2 Memory, 160GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM), Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, Built-In 1.3MP Webcam, Two Built-in Stereo Speakers, 3 - USB 2.0 Ports, 6-cell Li-ion Battery (4400 mAh), Up to 8-hours Battery Life, 2.76 lbs. | 1.25 kg (system unit only)
Top customer reviews
I decided to buy a new netbook instead fix my HP (the price would be similar). I bought this Acer because it has 1.83 GHz Intel Atom N475 processor (the latest processor available in intel site for netbooks)
In comparison to my HP:
- Operational system:
Acer: windows 7 starter
HP: windows XP
I think that XP is faster when I use a program but windows 7 is faster to initiate.
Acer and HP are very good, the acer is a little better
Multi-Gesture Touchpad in acer is good but the quality of touch in HP is better
I think that Acer has a better quality than HP; videos have better quality in my acer
Acer: 1.83 GHz Intel Atom N475 processor
HP: 1.6 Ghz Intel Atom N270 processor
- RAM Memory - 1 GB in both, but Acer is DDR3 and HP is DDR2. There was not information about upgrade memory in Acer site, neither in manual product.
- Acer has more USB ports (3 versus 2)
- Acer has a memory card reader that accept more types of cards
- Speakers are weak in both netbooks
I am very happy with this acer and I recommended it. In this moment I think that just 1 GB of ram is ok for my needs (internet browsing, skype, Office documents, videos - I could see DVD movies on my external samsung DVD recorder without problems). I use this netbook all the time and I am using my desktop just for downloads in Ares.
I certainly would not recommend this (or probably any netbook) if you're looking for a full-fledged laptop with all the options, but especially for the money, you can't go wrong with this netbook for simple computing needs.
I upgraded the RAM to full 2GB. Warning, the 200pin upgrade suggested by Amazon will not fit properly, you need the 204 pin unit which I used. The upgrade is NOT for the faint-of-heart. I had a tech savey family member do it for me and watched him. It would haven taken me longer and lot of sweat! The increase of RAM doubled the speed of starting up and shutting down. It is a worthy investment.
Screen is bright and easy to read but because of size gets 'filled up' rather quickly.
The keyboard is very comfortable with good snappy touch.
The glossy red finish is very attractive and shows fingerprints too easily! I restored the vinyl cover that shipped with it.
Hardware upgrades over the old version are obvious, but I'm especially pleased with the new touch pad. It isn't as annoying as the last generation, while still giving a tactile sense of where my finger is.
I give it 4 stars only because I'm a Linux guy and at the moment, very few of the mobile Linux distros fully support this model. It took two days for me to find one that worked (Ubuntu Netbook Remix was the ultimate winner... but only on my second install). Hopefully that drawback will wear away with some time.
Overall, I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a netbook.
The only thing I feel needs highlighting is that, as configured, 1 GB means the machine is slow at times. Given my light usage of this computer it is noticeable but not annoying. However if I used it more frequently I'd have to upgrade the memory as it would get tiresome rather quickly. I cannot penalize the netbook for this, however, because at the time I bought it 1 GB was standard for all machines in the price range.
Most recent customer reviews
no big deal
I am impressed because it is very comfortable.Read more
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.