|Screen Size||11.6 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||1.3 GHz AMD Athlon|
|RAM||3 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||250 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||ATI Radeon HD 4225|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||384 MB|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||5 hours|
Acer Aspire AS1551-4755 11.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The ultra-mobile 11.6" Aspire AS1551 Notebook offers great performance features in a Netbook size and weight that lets you travel light.
- With the AMD Athlon II Neo dual-core mobile processor and 3GB of Memory, you reap the benefits of multi-core processing that does more in less time.
- ATI Radeon HD 4225 Graphics delivering the performance you need to take your high-definition experience to the next level.
- Coming in around 3 pounds and 1" thin, this notebook is big on usability beginning with the 11.6" HD LED-backlit Display perfect for watching movies.
- Multi-in-1 Card Reader and (3) USB ports provide convenient connectivity between a digital camera and other mobile devices.
- Large 250GB Hard Drive provides plenty of storage space.
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
1. Very thin and lightweight. This is the biggest reason I bought this netbook. It's actually thinner and lighter than other netbooks, despite having a larger screen. The battery also fits within the chassis, whereas most other netbooks require the battery to protrude out (very ugly!). This computer has a very streamlined, professional appearance, and is easy to carry.
2. It's powerful enough to play casual games (The Sims 3), and even some more intense games (World of Warcraft). It also has the resolution to play HD videos, and the hdmi port gives the option to stream video to your HDTV. HD video is very rare among netbooks, and an hdmi port is even rarer. This is a big bonus if you like to stream Netflix but don't want to buy an expensive player.
3. The higher resolution and larger screen is also handy for web browsing and paper writing. I had a 10" netbook before this one, and I very much appreciate the size increase. At the same time, I didn't want too large of a laptop, since mobility is crucial, too. This computer strikes a perfect balance.
4. Windows 7 Home Premium. May seem like a generic thing to point out, but almost every other netbook uses Windows 7 Starter. The Starter version of Windows 7 lacks several important features behind the scenes, and a few upfront, too.Read more ›
Here are my pros/cons:
Great look;not a fingerprint magnet,thank goodness. Fingerprints all over everything annoy more that it should.
Ultra Portable; Slim and light, big enough for movies but small enough to fit in my purse, perfect on the go laptop.
Windows 7 home premium; I absolutely LOVE this os. I couldn't ask for anything better.
Keyboard is great, having to adjust to it, but that's fine.
Runs very quiet, I can't hear a thing.
Multi-gesture mouse thing is pretty awesome! I love this feature, and it sure does come in handy.
This unit seems to be very cool. I haven't had problems with my hands getting hot while I type. Occasionally the bpttom will get heated when I'm all cozy in my bed, but I can hold it up to my bedside lamp and it will cool off within a minute or two(while the laptop is still up and running).
250 HDD, plenty of space for me, and then some. I wasn't looking to replace my desktop, but I could use this for almost everything that I could possibly need
Memory is expandable which you won't find a lot in smaller computers. It came pre-installed with 3GB, plenty enough to run Windows 7 and then some. Expandable memory up to 4GB, really not bad AT ALL considering the size of the computer.
Netbook size without the hassle and slow quality of smaller models. The specs on this model are MUCH better.
HDMI port is AWESOME! I can easily hook this computer up to the tv and display netflix or whatever I need.Read more ›
My requirements in priority order-
weight - because I carry my laptop almost everywhere - around 3 lbs is good
fast (I multitask between word docs, online groups, emails, and surfing for research) - I don't play games, once in a long while, maybe scrabble or other word games.
screen resolution better than 1080 x 600 that is native to 10 inch netbooks
windows 7 premium
keyboard must be very user friendly
touchpad must be be very user friendly
I have tried
Asus Disney Slimed netbook - 10 inch
- SLOW, terrible screen resolution but that cld be me since I was already looking for higher resolution, but the speed from the time I opened that laptop bothered me so much I returned it that same week.
Acer Aspire AO721 - 11 inch
- FAST, faster than the Disney and I knew that before I got it, weight was good, gorgeous looking (mesh black is great for no fingerprints), but this 11 inch although had higher resolution, had terribly small fonts when I open the screen (smaller than the current Acer AS1551 I am now reviewing), so small that I had a headache from the beginning, and I thought, okay I can magnify, zoom, but the touchpad was so hard to use and I don't want to use an external mouse. I probably cld have adjusted the touchpad properties but the speed was not as fast I wld have liked. I loved the look - usually I don't like a black laptop (especially glossy and a black keyboard - I have used white and white keyboard is really easy on the eyes).
Asus Ul20a - 12 inch
- Stated 3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Why I bought Acer is partly because I'm a Taiwanese and I love all the product from Taiwan. But the quality of that note book is so bad that I doubt I will buy any other "Made in... Read morePublished on December 24, 2011 by Yiping Zhang
Although I've built my own home PC's for almost twenty years, this is my 1st portable computer. I researched both netbooks and small notebooks for months before I decided on the... Read morePublished on December 11, 2010 by Angus66
I received my Acer Thursday and spent the entire day Friday and Saturday on the phone with the cradlepoint router folks for the first 4-5 hours. Read morePublished on November 6, 2010 by Jeanette M. Freeland
I bought this for my wife when we wanted a netbook size computer with full laptop capability. It works great. It is light and the keyboard is much better than typical netbook. Read morePublished on November 5, 2010 by steven struthers
I needed something fast for my classes in college. I had help picking this one out, and for the money it's great. So far it has been perfect for taking to campus. Read morePublished on November 2, 2010 by Faery1985
This is pretty much exactly what I wanted a little over a year ago and they just weren't available yet. Read morePublished on October 13, 2010 by M. Lofaro
The laptop was in use for 2 weeks.
It works very well, battery life is good.
Love its mesh color, almost no finger prints.
It's quite enough for basic use. Read more
Quiero recomendar esta netbook.
A todos aquellos que esten en duda les aseguro que no van a arrepentirse.
El tamano es perfecto 11.6 pulgadas es ideal. Read more
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.