Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 20, 2012
Purchased 5/12

I chose this 4 star rating because there's always room for improvement. I bought this laptop from the reviews from different sites that where rating laptops and because I wanted to get away from Dell. Every Dell computer I've owned has stopped working for whatever reason after about 6 months of use. I use my laptop everyday for work and school and it has been flawless so far. I like the graphics, it's fast enough for me, has enough storage for me. My only dislike and it's with all laptops is the little area where you can scroll with your finger, my thumbs keep hitting this area and screwing me up while I am typing.

It is now 5/15 and this laptop is still in use. I use several hours a day every day and I haven't had not one problem with this laptop.

I would recommend this laptop.
on November 9, 2012
It doesn't feel bulky or made out of plastic, it feels like a real laptop. It's light weight and not a pain to carry. Plus I can play video games on it, now I don't really care about graphics but what I do admire is that it has clear and detail as I play. The laptop does have some unnessary programs for me but I already deleted them. And what I will admit is that is the most annoying thing about this laptop is the battery. I swear, I can be on the laptop for about 45 minutes after fully charging it and the battery life is half way gone. I think in a couple of years I'll get a better laptop but for now this will do.
2 people found this helpful
on June 9, 2013
I'm in my 70's. I bought this online. I brought it to Staples. where they opened the packaging, set it up and registered it with Acer. For peace of mind, I purchased a three year contract on it. It crashed after two weeks. Acer gave them a hard time when they helped me return it for repair. Staple's talked with someone in India who gave them wrong return information. When I didn't receive it back in the time period they gave us, another phone call was made. This time Staple's asked to speak to someone in America, and It was resolved. It's working fine now. Wouldn't want to go through this again.
One person found this helpful
on April 23, 2012
I've had my old laptop, an Acer 3100 just about 7years now. Looking to upgrade since I think this one has lived it's life and I will be going back with this brand again. Will update the post soon.
Got my unit recently and I am very satisfied with my purchase since the processing speed is really fast, bright clear resolution, excellent battery life and so on......

Will recommend to anyone looking for a laptop
3 people found this helpful
on May 5, 2012
This is my 2nd Acer Aspire. My first was stolen and not recovered. This is one impressive laptop and the price can't be beat. The processor is fast and the built in webcam works really great. The only fault I find is with the mouse pad. It is erratic and unpredictable even after making adjustments offered by the software. It doesn't always respond to one's touch in moving the cursor. Using an external cordless mouse is the best remedy. My stolen laptop didn't have this issue. Acer Aspire AS5750-6866 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 21, 2012
Works well enough, though low graphics capabilities, only 128Mb... that's really low. This is the second Acer laptop I have owned where it is suppose to be "N" certified, though I have yet to be able to achieve "N" speeds in either laptop without swapping out the wireless card.

It's light, good looking, functional and was a pretty good price. I would only recommend this for someone to perform schoolwork or administrative tasks on, but DO NOT consider if you are going to want to play any on-line games... it just doesn't have the graphics capabilities.

Enjoy.
on December 30, 2016
Nice simple laptop that does the job when traveling
on September 16, 2012
Extremely pleased with my purchase. Product has a sleek, polished feel, heavy duty, yet light. Excellent screen size and overall nice feel. CD/DVD pad feels "delicate" and twice I've had different DVD's whirl for minutes with no stop action. I worry it will snap if I don't use both hands and all ports e.g. electrical, usb are on the awkward side for my office :( and I could use a few more decibels through the speakers. I would give it five stars if those three issues didn't exist, but they are minor, non-irritating issues.
on April 14, 2012
I'm very happy with the purchased of this laptop. It work very good. Fast and it was easy to setup at the beginning. I highly recommend this computer to a friend.
7 people found this helpful
on December 20, 2012
Pretty much a good computer, especially for the price. The 8 key on the number pad has to be pressed harder than other keys and there have been a couple of times that the screen "fizzed" and the system was unresponsive. I had to improperly shut down.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question