|Screen Size||13.3 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366x768|
|Processor||1.6 GHz Intel Core i5|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Hard Drive||320 GB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 3000|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||128 MB|
|Wireless Type||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||6 hours|
Acer Aspire S3-951-6646 13.3-Inch Ultrabook
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Acer Aspire S3-951-6646 Notebook comes with these specs: 2nd Generation Intel Core i5-2467M Processor 1.6GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.3GHz, Windows 7 Home Premium, 13.3" HD Widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit Display, Mobile Intel UM67 Express Chipset, 4096MB DDR3 1066MHz Memory, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive, Built-In HD 1.3MP Webcam, 2-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, Dolby Home Theater v4 Audio Enhancement, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, Bluetooth 4.0+HS, 2 - USB 2.0 Ports, 1 - HDMI Port, 3-cell Lithium Polymer Battery (3280mAh), Up to 6 hours of battery life, 2.98 lbs. | 1.4 kg (system unit only), AC Power Adapter, AC Power Cord, Wireless Setup Card, Registration/ Limited Warranty Card, Microsoft Office Starter 2010, McAfee Internet Security Suite (60-day insert)
Top customer reviews
-Laptop does not show any traces of fingerprints (which annoyed me with other laptops)
-Screen is very crisp and clear. Yes, its glossy but its a "comfortable glossy" like the macbook air
-Keys are very responsive and comfortable. You do have to press a bit more but I easily got used to it.
-The touchpad is the best I've ever used on any Windows laptop. Very smooth and responsive like a macbook.
-Great performance as it has the i5 processor
-Super fast bootup and screen on/off time
-Simple and basic in terms of ports (2) USB and HDMI which are positioned perfectly in the back. I see no need for laptops to have tons of ports on the sides and back adding bulk to it.
-For this price its a steal compared to what other manufacturers are charging.
-The up/down/left/right keys are tiny, but eventually you get used to it
-Battery life is not as long as MacBook Air but its still descent for an ultrabook.
-Yes, its true that the click button below the touchpad you have to press very hard (mostly for a right click), however if you go into mouse settings and just enable "single tap" and set up "double tap" as a pop up menu, you will have no need to press down on pad at all. This has such amazing trackpad drivers that I can glide through pages and screens with no effort.
Overall, don't let the Acer name or price fool you, this laptop is a gem and best design, performance and feel I have ever seen outside of Apple. I bought mine from a Microsoft Store which has the Microsoft Signature service (basically they re-load the OS with no bloatware). If your in the market for a Windows 7 thin, fast and on the go laptop, this is the one for you!
1. I would have bought an Apple, but since I already have all the software from other W7 machines, I did save significant $$.
2. Not as fast a booting sequence as may have been advertised. That could be the machine or my Norton. Don't really know but the instant on is very convenient.
3. Remember, no internal DVD drive. With only 2 USB ports, that could be a problem for some.
4. The keyboard is "different" but I believe I can get used to it. My touch typing style is wide - that is, my finger spacing reaches wider than the keyboard. Will take some getting used to but not a major problem.
5. The only negative...and not really that...is the SD card drive. On other laptops I have had, the SD card fits flush with the body of the machine. On this machine, the SD card extends about .5" beyond the machine. Where I could previously leave it in and store files, etc, now, I am afraid I will bang it against something an damage the drive. So, I must be careful to take it out and store it each time I use the machine.
In all, a good, stable, light, and competent machine. I am glad I pulled this trigger.
Most recent customer reviews
still super light...Read more
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.