Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on February 1, 2015
Not real happy with this ACER. Disappointed with the WINDOWS product which makes operation slow and clumpy. This was my second one. I thought the google chrome was too limiting, but the ACER with WINDOWS is just too hard to navigate.
on March 16, 2014
I've had this computer for about two weeks now, and I am very happy with it. I'm using it primarily for writing and internet access, and originally considered getting a chromebook. However, this laptop has substantial internal storage, enough RAM to do basic photo editing, and can stream vidoes through the HDMI port to a TV, all of which, in my opinion, more than justifies the additional $100. So far, I have no complaints, although the Windows 8 operating system does seem to be more intended for a touchscreen, and takes a little getting used to. Additionally, the touchpad is very sensitive, but again, it depends on what you are used to and I've already adapted to mine. It's very light and small, but also very solid; both the hinge and the keypad seem remarkably well-designed, which is important to me because I've had issues with Acer keys popping off in the past. They're redesigned with this model though, and it's a major improvement. For the price, at the time I bought it, it seemed by far the strongest contender, and I can highly recommend this product.
on October 15, 2014
I've had this computer for 5 months (I despise reviews when someone hasn't had the product long enough to actually review the product but I feel that this is enough time for me to do a review) Not only is this a great computer but the customer service was out of this world amazing! The computer is small and exceptionally light (the two things I was looking for). Being small I was a little concerned about the keyboard size but, the keyboard is just fine. There isn't a backlight on the keyboard which is the only negative thing I can find about this computer. The mouse pad allows the "two finger scrolling" just like the macbooks do (I can't recall the technical term, multi-gesture?) which is something that I've gotten use to and find very nice. The top is a glossy black, and the rest of the computer is a matte black. There is a super/windows key on the left side and a menu key on the right. The battery life is amazing (I dual loaded Ubuntu and use that as my main operating system).

Pros:
Good battery life
Extremely light weight
Small and portable
Nice keyboard layout (not too small for my fat fingers)
Exceptional customer service
HDMI output
USB 3

Cons:
No backlight on keyboard... and that's about it

My honest thoughts on the lower reviews is that people are upset more with the operating system (Windows 8/8.1) and the programs included or not included rather than the hardware. I agree that Windows 8/8.1 was designed for touch and therefore it's a beast to deal with. I agree that there were a lot of programs pre-installed (with any computer) that I didn't want. I agree that MS Office (Excel/Word/etc) are expensive to buy. None of this is the fault of the computer: Uninstall the programs you don't want, everyone has to buy MS Office if they want to use it (try libreoffice/openoffice if you want to go free). A note about the installed programs: Many of them are resource hogs so uninstalling them will vastly speed up your computer and they don't lie about the processor speed. For the price, this is a powerful computer (many other computers have less harddisk, less RAM, or less CPU). Take the time to; breathe, uninstall the crazy programs that come with windows and hog the resources, and understand you have to buy additional software that you want (e.g. MS Office)
on November 25, 2014
Sweet little laptop but Windows 8 is too much of a beast too run on this little baby. Do yourself a favor and get it with Windows 7.
on September 5, 2015
i bought this computer in July 29th , i started it set the password and then shut it off since I was not ready to use it because i was on vacation. however when I returned to use it it was not booting to windows. I went to the company's website for help and was told that it has to sent for repairs. this is ridiculous a new computer that have never been used needs to be repaired. I am now left without the use of a "new" computer. whilst looking on the internet several persons had similar problems, next buyer please be aware
on December 1, 2014
This product is much slower than my old Acer Inspire, even though it has double the speed/storage. Okay for students but not for daily work or for teachers, especially those who teach online.
on October 11, 2014
lightweight, powerful enough for me to do what I want with it, good screen resolution so I can watch videos, etc. The only downside is sound quality.
on May 1, 2014
It's not the fastest Window computer I used but it gets the job done. I mainly surf the web and use the word processor. So far this computer has satisfied my needs and I love it. If you don't need a blazing fast windows computer and only need it for the basic web surfing and word processing then get this! It's nice and lightweight.
review image review image
on May 13, 2014
This tablet was EXTREMELY slow. It was too slow to actually use. This computer was the most frustrating PC of any type I have ever used. I bought this for my 10 year old. I have a fair bit of technical knowledge. I wouldn't even put my 10 year old through this notebook!!
on January 30, 2015
This is much slower in processing speed than I expected. Also I didn't realize it doesn't come with a cd drive so I can't watch DVDs.