|Screen Size||11.6 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366x768|
|Processor||1.7 GHz Core i3-4005U|
|RAM||2 GB DDR3L SDRAM|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 4400|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||8.5 hours|
Acer C720-3871 11.6-Inch Chromebook (Intel Core i3, 2 GB) Granite Gray
|Price:||$259.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Intel Core i3-4005U 1.7 GHz (3 MB Cache)
- 2 GB DDR3L SDRAM
- Can open/edit MS Office files using free embedded QuickOffice editor or Google Docs, and can download Microsoft Office Online (an online version of Microsoft Office) for free. Cannot install standard MS Office software.
- 32 GB Solid-State Drive (SSD); No CD or DVD drive. Cloud based device with free Google Drive storage.
- 11.6-Inch Screen, Intel HD Graphics 4400
- Chrome, 8.5-hour battery life
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Acer C720-3871 11.6-Inch Chromebook (Intel Core i3, 2 GB) Granite Gray
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||uShopMall (USA Tax Free)||Amazon.com||Great Advantage Sales||shake_light|
|Item Weight||2.76 pounds||2.43 pounds||2.43 pounds||2.76 pounds|
|Processors||Core i3 4005U 1.7 GHz||intel turbo n2840 2.16 GHz||celeron 2.16 GHz||Core i3 4005U 1.7 GHz|
|Operating System||Chrome OS||Chrome||Chrome OS||Chrome OS|
|Memory||2 GB DDR3L SDRAM||2 GB DDR3L SDRAM||2 GB DDR3L SDRAM||4 GB DDR3L SDRAM|
|Storage||Information not provided||16 GB||16 GB||Information not provided|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 4400||Intel HD Graphics||Intel HD Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 4400|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I use this mainly for college work and programming and it does everything I throw at it.
It may seem small at first but you get used to it and start to really love it.
The battery is great, I get atleast 6-7 hours of heavy use (netflix,youtube,music) and takes an hour or less to charge up again.
If you are worried about needing windows then you can use googles remote desktop with ease, although if you have linux + utilize web apps you shouldn't even need to touch windows again.
They also "force" you to use google docs/sheets. Which isn't a bad thing. Now that I've used it, I like that a lot better than Office. Besides, documents I create follows me where I go with google drive.
Only drawback I have so far... it doesn't support Skype. If I want to do video chat, I have to use google hangouts. Not a problem for me directly, but some of the people I'd video chat with are skype people and aren't comfortable setting up hangouts to video chat. There are likely other instances of applications you'd commonly use that are not available, yet there may be an alternative available.
1. Out of the box, the Chromebook was not functional. The screen displayed the following error "Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card." After some research, purchasing a large enough USB stick, and access to a separate computer, I was able to download the appropriate recovery via the Google Chrome Recovery App to get this Chromebook going.
2. The right mouse click doesn't work on the mouse pad. I have to hold down alt + click the mousepad.
3. If the Chromebook is left sitting or goes into sleep/hybernate, the mouse pad no longer functions and/or the screen is locked up. This requires a full restart every time the Chromebook goes into sleep mode.
1. It is lightweight/easy to transport.
2. Fast internet surfing/ use of Google apps such as google docs. No problems with multiple tabs open while surfing.
Bottom line: I would not repurchase. It is a pain getting this Chromebook to function properly, and I would rather pay a little more and not deal with the bugs. I would not purchase this for anything other than leisurely access to the internet. It is not dependable.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
everything I ever hoped and dreamed it to be. so so happy with my purchase!Published 12 hours ago by Amazon Customer
It wasn't what I needed or expected. Chrome book not Microsoft so would not run some of my fav appsPublished 1 month ago by mary jo schanback-Phipps
Great product. Bought it for my daughter for school. She loves it.Published 6 months ago by william m walker
I like this laptop and I hate it at the same time. I didn't realize how much I would miss some of my apps when I got this. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Mimzy
So I got this laptop for the purpose of installing Linux. There's a really good guide called "Clean installing linux on the acer c720". Read morePublished 7 months ago by Fred
I really had to wait to review this as it's that different from windows. There are many good tutorials, included and on youtube that easily walk you through. Read morePublished 7 months ago by denilea
Great little machine for Web browsing. Very decent battery life, snappy, love the SD card slot.
Screen quality could be a little brighter and sharper. Read more
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.