Acer ColorBoost II Projector (X1261P)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Acer ColorBoost II is the next generation of ColorBoost performance enhancement technology for Acer projectors
- All of which feature a six-segment color wheel for business presentations, educational purposes and entertainment in any venue.
- Acer SmartFormat Technology Conveniently supports comprehensive wide-format PC signals.
- DLP 3D ready With DLP 3D ready, user can view any 120 Hz 3D frame sequential content from a PC with appropriate 120 Hz graphic card
- And 3D stereoscopic player or any HQFS 3D DVD title from an NTSC DVD player by wearing a DLP 3D glasses
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Read about our customers' top-rated projectors on our Projector Reviews page.
Top Customer Reviews
I had been searching amazon for months to buy me a projector on my bday. Went thru 100s of projectors, compared each of their attributes on external sites, and then finally decided to go for this model. Here's what i feel about this proj:
1. No setup required. Plug n Play.
2. The warm colors projected by this is a.w.e.s.o.m.e
3. Contrast could have been a lil higher (though in this range, this model has the best among other projs, cept 1161p which has 4000:1)
4. Plays any format, any "p" (720, 1080) seamlessly.
5. Good native res, n pretty good scaling fr non native res too.
6. 3D WORKS!! (all u need is a graphics card capable to refresh at 120hz!)
7. Good brightness. You can see things in white light, in daylight a lil lesser.
8. Text is sharp. i have a nearly 6' high image in my room and text is great.
If you looking for a budget proj, this will more than do for you.
i put avatar (blu ray) and was blown away by the quality of the projection.
The only thing that bothers me is that one of the edges is lil soft. On googling this i found that one needs to have the proj at right angles to the screen (n my wooden desk isn't exactly straight :)).
also, playing games is simply amazing!
put up NFS undercover - was blown away agn
put up Assassins creed - simply loved the graphics
my LCD now sits in the corner. Am hooked to this thing ;)
before buying this though, do know that this is NOT a home theatre proj with 50k:1 contrast and all.Read more ›
I now use it for a home theater projector, and it is OK at that. It doesn't have HDMI, only analog inputs, and VGA.
The picture it produces is super bright and vibrant, but at closer viewing distances, the screen door effect is apparent.
So, is it a great projector? No, not really.
Is it an adequate projector? Yah. It gets the job done, and is well priced. I don't regret my purchase.
This Acer is built very well. The brightness level is excellent. Contrast is very similar to my old projector. I really like the color warmth as well. I have it mounted in my basement, upside down with a ceiling mount.
- quiet fan - even quieter in economy mode
- great color warmth
- brightness is as good as I've seen with the several projectors I've used at home and work
- setup is easy
- low price
- the mounting points are a different size thread than the universal mounting kit I already have
- no secondary VGA input (not complaining since the cost makes great bang for the buck)
- the "throw distance" meant that I had to mount this further away from the screen than my old projector
Reliability can only be determined with usage over time. I've only had it a week but I am very pleased with the purchase.
I haven't tested it with any video games. I mainly watch videos. The image quality is great eventhough it's not HD. Most of the videos I have are below 720P and look really good on this projector.
I was a little bummed that it only came in black because my walls are white but it's not a deal breaker. I like how the remote stores in the unit and acts as an-on board control panel. I also like how it came with a small padded tote bag with a pocket for the power and video cables. I got a 25' component to VGA cable on Amazon and it matched right up with my DVD player. It doesn't seem to auto detect 16:9 vs 4:3 from my DVDs, even though I have that option turned on. My DVD player in that room is kind of old and basic though, so it may have something to do with that. I bet my DirecTV DVR would probably kick it over. It's a quick fix with the remote anyway. The auto keystone correction feature is great and made set up a breeze. It's very quiet, especially in Eco mode. Little fella pumps a lot of heat out of the vent. I was surprised. Not a bad thing, just an item of note. It's very light weight and rather compact. Smaller than I was expecting.
Picture quality is very good. I had it throwing a 95" diagonal on textured wall while I was playing with it out of the box and it looked good. I'm only going to do 80" when I mount it and it will project on a screen so things will only get better. It's bright enough to use in daylight with marginal wash but it certainly looks best in a dark room. I'm glad that I won't need to go to the extent of putting up blackout curtains over my blinds for daytime viewing. I haven't tweaked the settings yet but the color and contrast looked good in video mode. I'll fine-tune once the screen it up.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the best tool I ever bought. I use it for large outdoor murals.
It also works great for outdoor movie night!
This project has really good quality of images!!! The only thing I might concern with next purchase is that it doesn't have a hdmi input so that I cannot connect my wii to it. Read morePublished on November 10, 2013 by Siwei Guo
It is very quiet and does not give off much heat. It is a huge improvement over the one that it replaced. Picture is very clear. Read morePublished on June 5, 2013 by Mark J. Bock
Got this Acer projector to replace our broken one that we use for office presentations and training. Read morePublished on May 1, 2013 by Tim W.
I bought this projector in January of 2012. I had previously owned a higher end projector but wanted to get a nice tv and a lower end projector as a replacement. Read morePublished on April 16, 2013 by Owner
If you are considering a projector for your business presentations, this one is a good option. It is not as small as pico projectors yet portable enough. Read morePublished on February 25, 2013 by Alejandro Villarreal Diaz
Don't get me wrong this is a great product when it works. I had it for a year then it looks like the bulb went out. I replaced the bulb and now is coming with a thermal failure. Read morePublished on February 11, 2013 by Mariela Picorelly
lightweight, bright light. strong long lasting lamp so far. Have had it for half a year. I've been without a regular TV so I hooked it up to my cable box with a S-video cable... Read morePublished on July 19, 2012 by Peter Hon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This is a great projector for the money. I did a lot of shopping around before choosing this one. I bought it for my college dorm room, which i realized would perfectly suit a... Read morePublished on June 27, 2012 by skappy7