Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 20, 2013
I ordered this monitor to use as a tv and not for use as a computer monitor.I am sure it would make a fine monitor for a computer also. I have it hooked up to an older model Roku player and placed the monitor in front of my exercise bike to watch movies or tune in Pandora, Live 365, ect. It does a fantastic job. When I ordered it they said that it was not prime shipping and would take 6 to 10 days to deliver. However it was on my doorstep the following afternoon. When I opened the package I was not expecting much because it was advertised as a refurbished model and very reasonably priced. However it looked to be new and was packaged as good or better than a lot of new items I have gotten in the past. Now for some of the complaints seen in some of the reviews here is what I found. Some say that the base won't snap onto the monitor. Of course not, it is not designed that way. Just lay the monitor on it's back and slip the base on. Reach into the indent in the base and locate the thumb screw. It has a swivel tab on the end. Swing that out and turn the screw clockwise to engage the screw into the threads in the monitor till it won't turn anymore and the base will not come off till this process is reversed. Couldn't be more simple than that. Next complaint, no HDMI input. Well there is sort of. You can purchase a cord from Amazon that has a HDMI plug on one end and a DVI end on the other. You need a cord anyway and this is no more expensive than a standard HDMI cord. Plug the HDMI plug into the source such as a streaming player or blue ray player and attach the other end into the DVI input on the monitor and you have a high def tv. Of course you need sound so plug the source's audio output into an amplifier or powered speakers and you're all set. No, it does not have built in speakers but I would not use them if it did. The sound is so tinny from any computer monitor speakers anyway. Next, some say that the viewing angle is critical. Yes it is, so if you need to view at an angle then this monitor is not for you. You must be squarely in front of it or it is all washed out. Since I use it in front of my exercise bike this is not a problem for me. Also the adjustment buttons are in a hard to find place but when I turned it on I found the picture was perfect I did not have to tinker with the settings. Only time will tell about the durability of this monitor we will have to wait and see. I have another Acer monitor that is almost 10 years old and going fine.
on November 3, 2013
I searched the usual tech websites for a 20" monitor that didn't stand too high. This ACER fit the space. I thought I read everything in the specifications on Amazon's webpage . After I got it delivered and hooked it up, I found that there was no sound. I was too busy all Summer to figure out what I was missing to get the sound to work, so I watched captions when I needed sound. Today I finally tackled the problem. What a surprise to find out in the reviews here that this monitor just doesn't come with speakers. I was shocked. I re-read the specs and they don't mention no speakers. Now I have to buy separate speakers, which take up either a power outlet or a USB port AND plug into my headphone jack. And, because I bought the specific size that fits my space, a sound-bar wont' fit. What a pain in my aorta. So here's a strong buyer beware; are you sure you want to buy a sound bar or separate speakers AND a monitor? This monitor is fine to use but the price is artificially low when compared to a monitor that has built-in speakers. I'm not happy but I guess I have to blame myself.
on May 30, 2013
I bought this display to replace my previous Acer display which was not a wide-screen, and quit after about 8 years of daily use. This replacement is larger than my old one, and I was concerned about buying it sight unseen. My fears were proven unfounded moments after I opened it. The unit was packed well, and easy to assemble. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. The CD was very helpful. But the best thing about this display is the picture quality. Everything is so crisp, clean and bright! All my photos look so much richer in detail. My videos are crisp and fluid - no blurred motion or choppiness. I bought this unit because of the low price, but am delighted with the qaulity. Overall, this unit is a fantastic value. Highly recommend!
on April 17, 2013
I bought this monitor for my parent's computer after their previous monitor stopped working. I explained to my father all about resolutions, input lag, frame rate and etc. He of course did not understand and asked me to find a monitor bigger than the last with a decent resolution.

So I found this Acer G206HL 20 Inch monitor. It is a great size and with a resolution of 1600 x 900 it's pretty darn nice watching hd movies.

The only complaint is that the stand is a bit weird. If I move the monitor it rocks side to side but don't get me wrong it won't fall off the stand. The stand is one piece and there is another plastic part that attaches to the monitor and i don't know whether i should have forced the two parts to click or something but it isn't on there solidly. Maybe user error? IDK. But my parents do not care since the monitor isn't ever touched, other than turning it on after a power outage.

This is a great monitor and looks good! Definitely not upset about the purchase!
on August 26, 2014
The biggest problem I had with this screen was the ever present "blue" background and no matter how much you screwed with the controls the blue was overwhelming. The viewing angles were also just awful. I'm not talking watching it from across the room, I'm talking you move your head from left to right and the screen kind of fades in and out in places. That really bothered me. Yeah it's a "nice clear monitor" if you are looking perfectly straight ahead without moving. But that's not how people do things. I returned it. It's not defective, I don't believe that. I firmly believe it's just a cheap design that looks "enough" like a nice monitor that some people will find acceptable. I didn't.
on January 2, 2014
I bought this for a customer. He brought it back. I tried it.
Too bright, can't adjust contrast & color. Bad viewing angles, not enough choices.
started up off-center. fixed it with the inscrutable buttons, turned off, turned on- same problem.
Have to adjust it on every re-boot.
Price was right but there are better monitors for the same money.
on August 1, 2013
To explain the bright part--I have essentially 2 of these monitors that I bought 6 months apart. The older of the two is the immediate predecessor line where they made small changes and pushed out version 2. I use them side-by-side, and though I have tried all the settings, I can't get them to show the same picture quality. It is always brighter, no matter what I do. Besides that one "flaw," I have no problems with this monitor. It has great wake-up response times.
on April 30, 2013
This monitor is great its lightweight, thin and widescreen. You may have to play with the settings as it seems overly bright when you first turn it on. The resolution is on par with the price point so don't expect it to be pixel perfect. You may have to adjust to the resolution on the colors due to the brightness at certain angles making it seem washed out. This is why I deducted a star because of the viewing angles could be better. The only other negative given its thinness is the lack of a Vesa mount but these can still look great standing side by side if you have a dual monitor setup.
on July 26, 2013
I'm not an expert on video monitors, but the display looks nice to me. It is a simple and attractive design. The black plastic is shiny, not matte, in case anyone is wondering about that. It was easy to set up (I did note the other reviews that said it was not stable on the stand and was expecting that I might have to do some adjusting, but mine clicked right into place and is very sturdy). All in all, I'm very pleased.
on October 4, 2013
I loved the monitor and thought I researched enough prior to purchasing 2 of these items. I now have them sitting unused and not returnable as they don't have boxes for them. I opened them up, threw out the packaging and went to hook up 2 days later, and that's when I noticed I couldn't mount them on the current mounting system I have as there are no mount holes in the back of the monitor. I am now trying to sell them on caigslist because I can't return them. I can't rate higher because I never did hook them up and so my rating is based on the poor description and not being able to mount the item. Who would've ever thought that any monitor or flat panel tv in this day and age would not be able to mounted somehow!