YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Valentines Day STEM Book House Cleaning homeland6 homeland6 homeland6  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis La La Land Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon 25% off select Britax car seats

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 155 reviews
on July 10, 2016
I bought this because it was the deal of the day at $89. It was a steal. The monitor (upgrading from an ASUS 23 inch monitor, all the specs are the same, other than the ASUS came with HDMI) is very good. There is a pretty big difference between the 23 inch and the 24 inch. For a 1080p monitor, you don't see any pixels on your screen like you can with 720p and below. Granted, this isn't a 1440p or 4K monitor, but for the average Joe, it does its job. If you are an extremely hardcore gamer, I would suggest investing in a 1440p monitor or a 1080p monitor with a higher refresh rate and lower response time.
The downsides to this monitor is that it doesn't have HDMI, or speakers. It would be nice if this monitor had speakers, although it isn't a big deal.

Overall this monitor is in my personal top 5. It delivers what is asked for and looks aesthetically pleasing. If this monitor goes on sale again, I suggest getting it. Although, I don't feel like its worth the asking price of $150.
on July 16, 2016
Pretty good image, but the DVI ports are so close to the plastic frame of the monitor that it's nearly impossible to plug a DVI cable in. I had to wedge a screw driver in between the monitor case and the DVI port to make enough room for a standard size DVI cable male end. I bought 3 monitors, so I had to do this 3 times. This is just poor product design. Overall it's a decent product.
on July 16, 2016
I had a Viewsonic monitor for 10 years but it died this week in an accident. So I had to find a monitor quickly... and it was PrimeDay. I found this Acer for $89 and figured I would try it out. I was not expecting wonderful things from reading the other reviews. Upon plugging in with default settings, it was ugly to look at in my opinion. I was about ready to pack it up and send it back to Amazon but I went about trying to adjust the settings on the monitor. I found the saturation was way off and the screen was so bright I had pain in my eyes. I got that and some color changes done. Still was not correct. Went about seeing if there was any other way to fix it within windows itself. YES.... I found a calibration tool and clear type setting that made it go from blah to pretty good!!! I no longer wanted to send it back. :) I still need to do a little tweeking, but very happy with my purchase.
What I wanted was an extra monitor to help me with my computer work. I wasn't expecting high end, just something affordable that was easy on the eyes. Sitting here with all three monitors going (BenQ, ViewSonic, and Acer), I can honestly say it stands out nicely. Right out of the box, the picture was set to the equivalent of the multimedia mode on my BenQ monitor, so it was bright and sharp. I don't feel like I need to make any adjustments.

If you're worried about fragility, have no fear. The monitor shipped in the original box, not a box within a box. It was so well packed in Styrofoam, Amazon didn't need to think twice. Setup was easy -- just three pieces and I didn't need too look for instructions. It came with a VGA cable and power cable. I supplied my own DVI cable. There's no HDMI port. I suppose that's a drawback for some. The only other problem might be the stand. It tilts but the height can not be altered. Oh, and you need to provide your own speakers. I just use the one on my other monitor.
on July 16, 2016
The monitor worked. The stand is a bit flimsy and the monitor shakes if I type too hard. The colors are not nearly as good as the Dell monitor I have in the same price range. However, as a second browsing monitor it does accomplish it's purpose
on August 18, 2016
It's a decent monitor with a bright screen and good response time, but the stand that it comes with is more or less garbage. Its loose and wobbly, and if you're using it on any sort of desk that can move, you screen will shake nearly the entire time you're typing.
on January 19, 2017
I was a little upset when other reviews said it didn't have an HDMI port. I guess I should have read the product title better. But lo and behold, upon receiving the monitor, it did in fact have an HDMI port! I guess some of the reviews saying it did not have one are out of date. It only came with a VGA cord, though. How peculiar.
on September 28, 2016
currently using this monitor to make this review so take this review with whatever grain of cupboard spice item you want. I love the resolution of this monitor and love the size. I think its fantastic and makes watching videos on both Youtube and Netflix awesome.
on December 1, 2016
I bought it at $99.99 and use it for a few of months. So far so good for normal use, not for graphic.
Only thing is that I have to bay a DVI-HDMI conversion cable for me laptop. Good value for large screen at $100.
on July 28, 2016
Really a poor quality monitor. First arrived with very bad pixellation, the replacement arrived and the picture quality is just not good. Granted it was $80 but it was purchased because i liked the $100 Acer monitor that i purchased so well.

I wouldnt buy again.