Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 67 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 163 reviews
on August 15, 2016
I purchased 2 of these and on both units the base does not lock into place.
on July 16, 2016
I had a Viewsonic monitor for 10 years but it died this week in an accident. So I had to find a monitor quickly... and it was PrimeDay. I found this Acer for $89 and figured I would try it out. I was not expecting wonderful things from reading the other reviews. Upon plugging in with default settings, it was ugly to look at in my opinion. I was about ready to pack it up and send it back to Amazon but I went about trying to adjust the settings on the monitor. I found the saturation was way off and the screen was so bright I had pain in my eyes. I got that and some color changes done. Still was not correct. Went about seeing if there was any other way to fix it within windows itself. YES.... I found a calibration tool and clear type setting that made it go from blah to pretty good!!! I no longer wanted to send it back. :) I still need to do a little tweeking, but very happy with my purchase.
on August 18, 2016
It's a decent monitor with a bright screen and good response time, but the stand that it comes with is more or less garbage. Its loose and wobbly, and if you're using it on any sort of desk that can move, you screen will shake nearly the entire time you're typing.
on July 16, 2016
Pretty good image, but the DVI ports are so close to the plastic frame of the monitor that it's nearly impossible to plug a DVI cable in. I had to wedge a screw driver in between the monitor case and the DVI port to make enough room for a standard size DVI cable male end. I bought 3 monitors, so I had to do this 3 times. This is just poor product design. Overall it's a decent product.
on January 19, 2017
I was a little upset when other reviews said it didn't have an HDMI port. I guess I should have read the product title better. But lo and behold, upon receiving the monitor, it did in fact have an HDMI port! I guess some of the reviews saying it did not have one are out of date. It only came with a VGA cord, though. How peculiar.
on August 15, 2016
I did not order this for myself but the call i recieved after giving it to the person i got it for they called me and said and i quote, "I just got my new monitor hooked up, and gosh d*** it i love it!
on April 5, 2017
great value
on August 13, 2016
Clear and bright display. No dead pixels I can see. Very satisfied.
What I wanted was an extra monitor to help me with my computer work. I wasn't expecting high end, just something affordable that was easy on the eyes. Sitting here with all three monitors going (BenQ, ViewSonic, and Acer), I can honestly say it stands out nicely. Right out of the box, the picture was set to the equivalent of the multimedia mode on my BenQ monitor, so it was bright and sharp. I don't feel like I need to make any adjustments.

If you're worried about fragility, have no fear. The monitor shipped in the original box, not a box within a box. It was so well packed in Styrofoam, Amazon didn't need to think twice. Setup was easy -- just three pieces and I didn't need too look for instructions. It came with a VGA cable and power cable. I supplied my own DVI cable. There's no HDMI port. I suppose that's a drawback for some. The only other problem might be the stand. It tilts but the height can not be altered. Oh, and you need to provide your own speakers. I just use the one on my other monitor.
on September 28, 2016
currently using this monitor to make this review so take this review with whatever grain of cupboard spice item you want. I love the resolution of this monitor and love the size. I think its fantastic and makes watching videos on both Youtube and Netflix awesome.