|Standing screen display size||23.8 Inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 Pixels|
Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch IPS HDMI DVI VGA (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Monitor, Black
|Display Size||23.8 Inches|
|Hardware Interface||VGA, HDMI|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 23.8" Full HD IPS widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Response time: 4ms, refresh rate: 60 hertz, pixel pitch: 0.2745 millimeter. 178 degree wide viewing angle, display colors: 16.7 million
- The zero frame design provides maximum visibility of the screen from edge to edge
- Signal inputs: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI (withHDCP) & 1 x VGA. Does not support HDCP 2.2, the version this monitor supports is HDCP 1.4
- No picture visible using the OSD menu, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum or reset to their default settings. Brightness is 250 nit. Operating power consumption: 25 watts
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Beauty From All Angles
The Acer R240HY 23.8” IPS display shows every detail clearly and vivid without color difference from any viewing angle. Its zero frame design puts no boundary on your visual enjoyment while the brushed hairline finish stand matches any environment. It also supports VGA, DVI & HDMI inputs so you can easily power and extend the enjoyment from your smartphone or tablet on Full HD display.
- 23.8” Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- 178 degree viewing angles
- Zero Frame Design
- -5 to 15 degree adjustable stand
- VGA, DVI (w/HDCP) & HDMI (v1.4) Ports
This 23.8" LCD provides excellent detail with a stunning 1920 x 1080 resolution, making it perfect for productivity and multimedia applications.
Stunning Color at any Angle
IPS provides advanced in plane switching technology for premium color performance at any viewing angle.
Zero Frame Design
The zero frame design creates a unique visual experience without boundaries which is also ideal when adding 2 or more monitors side-by side.
With an easy adjustment, the display tilts from -5° to 15° letting you choose the best sightline for media enjoyment and to have the best view possible.
Better for Your Eyes
With Acer Flicker-less technology say good-bye to annoying screen flickering, and with a blue light filter you’re shielded from eye straining blue light.
Designed with eco-friendliness in mind, the R240HY features Acer EcoDisplay design that emphasize recyclability, waste reduction, energy efficiency and safety.
Compare with similar items
Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 Inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Ultra-Thin Zero Frame Monitor (HDMI & VGA port),Black
Sceptre E248W-19203R 24" Ultra Thin 75Hz 1080p LED Monitor 2x HDMI VGA Build-in Speakers, Metallic Black 2018
BenQ 24 Inch IPS Monitor | 1080P | Proprietary Eye-Care Tech | Ultra-Slim Bezel | Adaptive Brightness for Image Quality | Speakers | GW2480
HP VH240a 23.8-inch Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor with Built-in Speakers and VESA Mounting, Rotating Portrait & Landscape, Tilt, and HDMI & VGA Ports (1KL30AA) - Black
Sceptre 24" Curved 75Hz Gaming LED Monitor Full HD 1080P HDMI VGA Speakers, VESA Wall Mount Ready Metal Black 2019 (C248W-1920RN)
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920x1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Screen Size||23.8 inches||21.5 inches||24 inches||23.8 inches||23.8 inches||24 inches|
|Item Dimensions||21.30 x 7.30 x 16.00 inches||19.60 x 8.30 x 15.10 inches||21.59 x 7.02 x 15.83 inches||16.54 x 6.90 x 21.26 inches||8.60 x 21.20 x 19.70 inches||21.34 x 7.95 x 15.94 inches|
|Item Weight||6.40 lbs||5.60 lbs||5.77 lbs||8.40 lbs||10.00 lbs||—|
|Mounting Type||VESA Mounting:No||Wall Mount||Wall Mount||Wall Mount||Desk Mount||Wall Mount|
|Refresh Rate||60 hertz||75 hertz||60 hertz||60 hertz||60 hertz||75 hertz|
|Size||23.8-inch||SB220Q series (1920 x 1080) 75Hz||24"||24-inch (IPS)||23.8" Screen||—|
The Acer R Series 23. 8" wide viewing IPS display shows every detail clearly and vivid without color difference from any viewing angle. Its zero frame design puts no boundary on your visual enjoyment while the brushed hairline finish stand matches any environment. With Full HD resolution and superior 100 Million: 1 contrast ratio you get detailed imagery for viewing photos, browsing the web and also makes viewing documents side by side easy. It also supports VGA, DVI & HDMI inputs so you can easily power and extend the enjoyment from your smartphone or tablet on Full HD display. What's more, this display features power-saving technologies to conserve cost and resources. (UM. QR0AA. 001). Environmental Certification: MPR II.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So I continued using it for several months with few issues. I stopped using it earlier this year, mostly because I got tired of the physical unplugging, and started using an old TV instead. Just now, went to fire it up again for my wife to use. After not touching or using it for the last few months, the screen is cracked in the middle, and as far as I'm concerned is unusable. And no, this is not a case of "oops I dropped it and now I'm going to blame the hardware." I have other Acer electronics, and have been for the most part satisfied, but this monitor has been nothing but problems. Would rate less than 1 star if possible.
And here I'm with an annoying black flashing screen
1) Using it as an external monitor for my macbook pro for college work.
2) It connects to my xbox one s very nicely. Battlefield 1 and titan fall 2 looks awesome in this (in my opinion)
BEFORE YOU BUY YOU MUST KNOW:
1) the monitor does not tilt up or down.
2) monitor does not rise in height and visa versa.
3) the monitor does no rotate
To me this isn't a problem since my monitor is sitting on a monitor riser. However, if you are nit picky about this type of stuff, i recommend you look else where and compare!
1) set up is very easy! can be done in 5 minutes. Simply connect the circle base to the back of the monitor screen and you are done!
Its a awesome monitor for its price!!
The best part in my opinion is the the thin bezel which is accurately depicted in the pictures above. In case anyone was wondering, the bezel (including the part of the screen that doesn't display any picture) is about 1/4" (7/32" to be precise).
I was worried about the base not being stable when I bought the monitors, but the monitors are actually surprisingly stable.
The main reason I'm writing this review is to warn people about the backlight bleeding that is present on both of the monitors I received. The pattern of the backlight bleeding is exactly the same on both of the monitors, which leads me to believe that I didn't just get unlucky. Under normal circumstances, the image quality is great. However, if there's a dark image on the screen and I'm in a dark room (when watching a movie for example), the backlight bleeding is very apparent on the two upper corners of the screens. This isn't a huge issue for me since I usually have a light on in the room, but I'm sure it might bother some people. This seems like a pretty common issue on budget IPS monitors, so I wouldn't rule this monitor out unless you find a monitor that you know for sure doesn't have this same issue.
Top reviews from other countries
- best IPS monitor near 24 inches for the price
- images are just straight up better on an IPS panel
- once you buy this monitor, you will never want to look at bezels again (yes it is that nice) - two of them together would be amazing but for gaming/youtube, i recommend incorporating a panel actually designed for gaming into a multi-screen set up (reason below)
- amazing for movies and content
- suitable for light games but doesn't compare to a screen that can actually drive over 60 fps
- it does tilt, like with all acer monitor stands, dont be afraid of breaking the screen and it WILL tilt towards or away from you. the monitor must be fully assembled before tilting; you cant tilt it while its partly assembled when you’re unboxing. hold the top of the screen and the stand simultaneously and put your back into it
- its full non-on-sale price - you'd probably want to get this on sale
- not vesa compatible which is fine if you don't plan on mounting in the future (but should definitely take this into account if you plan on creating a "forever" set up; i'd recommend looking into VESA mounting for "forever" setups)
- in reality, it's not a gaming monitor but that's why i have the GN246hl beside it
overall 8/10 monitor for $149
Two things I don't like about it:
1- It has a separate power supply - I thought those went out with the 15" screens of old... Nope
On the other hand, if the power supply blows, you can always get another one
On the other hand, how often does a voltage control circuit blow in a screen?
2- The menu buttons are on the bottom of the screen (like most) but, there are no logos on the facing bottom frame that shows you where they are and what they do. I had to paint my own so, instead of light gray logos that blend in with the frame, I have to have bright white bars to show me where the buttons are and what they do.
Of course, the ACER logo is prominent as all hell though.
3- This one isn't necessary for me but if you want to hang it on a wall mount, forget it since it doesn't have the built in screw holes in the back.
Ha funcionado muy bien en actividades cotidianas con la computadora y de oficina; el reflejo es mínimo en el monitor.
Los botones para acceder a su configuración se encuentran en la parte de abajo del marco; el acceso a ellos puede ser un poco complicado y aunque cuando ingresas al menú de opciones te aparece una ayuda visual del lugar donde debes de presionar, no llega a ser tan sencillo, hay que practicar un poco. No obstante, creo que muchos monitores apuestan por la estética y ocultan los botones de acceso a su configuración.
Opté por crear una configuración personalizada al inicio; esta personalización y otros modos predeterminados del monitor pueden alternarse a través de los botones disponibles. Los modos con los que cuenta el monitor son: Personalizado, Eco, Estándar, Gráficos y Película.
El monitor cuenta con entrada HDMI, VGA y DVI.
Me hubiese gustado que este monitor fuera compatible con la herramienta de Acer Display Widget para sacarle mayor provecho pero no fue así.