|Screen Size||13.3 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920x1080|
|Processor||1.7 GHz Core i5-3317U|
|RAM||4 GB SDRAM|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||128 MB|
|Wireless Type||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||6 hours|
Acer Aspire S7-391-6810 13.3-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Also, the touchpad seems to be loose. Even with very light tapping with finger tip, the touch pad makes some clacky noises as if it may come off. I don't know if the touchpad is normal. But, I am going to stores to try out demo units to see if those touchpads have the same issue.
Checked with the store, clacky/loose touchpad isn't normal. But it was easily fixed by tighten two screws (on the bottom side) underneath the touchpad.
"Repeating letters" issue while typing is not as severe if I place the unit firmly on a table. Since it's an ultrabook, many will do typing in a less-than-optimal position. Based on my research, the sensitivity of the keyboard may be optimized for soft/touch typist due to its shallow key travel.
Battery life is about 4 hours on normal & mixed use. Although I'd wish it's longer, I can live with it since it's such a thin laptop.
Put the unit to sleep by closing the lid when battery indicator was at 20%. 8 hours later. It was at 18%. So, 8-hour sleep drained 2% of power. Don't know if that's good or bad...Read more ›
So the positives:-
(1) Light and its the most practically slim PC you can get while retaining as many of the necessary characteristics one needs to be productive; its has (2) fast USB3 ports, neatly located in the upper right side of the laptop.
(2) The design is very cool and attractive and I've been getting inquires from friend like ooowwee cool MacBook LOL; its not but looks just as good as any well designed piece of tech worthy of Apple engineering.
(3) The complementary accessories that comes with the Ultrabook such as the wireless Bluetooth mouse and neat carrying case was a nice touch as well and very unexpected; maybe I didn't read the product packaging before I bought it but I didn't expect it so it was a nice gesture.
(4) Loaded with a few good Acer approved apps for win8, such as their music and file storage options nothing I going to immediately take up but its free, so thanks.
(5) Overall system performance well in a word excellent; I can't find a single thing wrong from boot to windows shut down or sleep mode. Truth is I'm now getting to understand win8 allot has changed so its impacting my productivity a little but that nothing to do with the system and all to do with me.
But like everything else they are some caveats so the Cons :-
(1) The location of the power button is poorly conceived since its along the left side and near power cord I keep hitting the power button by accident NOT-GOOD it happens to often.
(2) The idea of a touchscreen laptop seens sexy but its not... I keep having to clean the darn thing and windows 8 isn't ready for primetime as yet but that not Acer's fault.
So my over all rating for this sweet piece of tech is 8.5
I received this ultrabook as a gift and now I'm giving you my first impressions as a review. I'm writing this review using my Acer S7-391-6810 to be exact :)
I have to say I'm impressed with the performance of this little computer and found the following on the positive side:
- Gorgeous... ohh boy it is good looking.
- Very thin
- Solid, you can handle the ultrabook while walking or standing using one hand on one of the lower corner of the keyboard while typing with the other hand.
- The main body and the keyboard face is aluminium while the screen is an aluminium frame sandwiched between white glass (gorilla they say but i just can't tell)
- The bottom of the UB is plastic though the whole package does justify the price range because it does feels premium.
- Very good performance and i looove the touch screen.
- Includes a very light plastic bluetooth mouse but i do like it.
- Also includes the ethernet and vga dongles so the price you pay is almost all you need.
On the bad side, I respectfully disagree with reviewers saying the keyboard is rubbish. It is NOT and I'm saying this writing with mine... the keyboard while not as good as the one in my Macbook Pro, is good nevertheless, but I do agree with reviewers saying the touchpad is rubbish... well it is...it is so rubbish that before I found a feasible solution for mine, I was thinking Acer included a mouse for you to stay away from it.
The thing is though, I just can't tolerate the tapping function of none of the touch pads I've ever used in my life and this one is by no means an exception...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The computer was OK until all of a sudden it stopped powering. I called the company, they said it was out of warranty and referred me to a third party. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Sam
I bought this for my wife and she loves it. It's light, she loves the touchscreen for web browsing, and the battery is great. Read morePublished 18 months ago by nemrac08
So, I have to admit I am a Mac fan, but I needed to get a windows Laptop for my job. Overall, the S7 is a beautiful machine. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Tom Holmes
This is a highly capable piece of equipment! It does everything as advertised. The cover glass is really cool and always gets complements. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Tony F
Eh. I wasn't too happy with it. All of the reviews and specs seemed positive and the battery life is good but it's a little slower than I expected. Read morePublished 24 months ago by Mohamed Sharaf
it looks pretty until you notice the keyboard layout.
the one i got was not loaded with bloatware. Read more
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.