|Screen Size||13.3 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||2.1 hertz Intel Core i3|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||500 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 3000|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||128 MB|
|Wireless Type||802.11 B/G, 802.11bgn, 802.11B|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||9 hours|
Acer Aspire TimelineX AS3830T-6417 13.3-Inch Laptop (Cobalt Blue Aluminum)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2nd Generation Intel Core i3-2310M Processor (2.1GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
- 4GB DDR3 Dual-Channel memory
- 500 GB hard drive, 2 USB 2.0 Ports
- 13.3" HD widescreen CineCrystal LCD display (1366 x 768)
- Built-in stereo speakers, webcam, and multi-gesture touchpad
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Acer Aspire TimelineX AS3830T-6417 Notebook comes with these specs: 2nd Generation Intel Core i3-2310M Processor, Windows 7 Home Premium, 13.3" HD Widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit Display, Mobile Intel HM65 Express Chipset, 4096MB DDR3 1066MHz Memory, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive, Built-In HD 1.3MP Webcam, Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, Dolby Home Theater v4 Audio Enhancement, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, 1 - USB 3.0 Port, 2 - USB 2.0 Ports, 1 - HDMI Port, Easy-launch Programmable Key, 6-cell Li-ion Battery (6000 mAh), Up to 9 hours of battery life, 4.07 lbs. | 1.85 kg (system unit only), AC Power Adapter, AC Power Cord, Wireless Setup Card, Registration/ Limited Warranty Card, Microsoft Office Starter 2010, McAfee Internet Security Suite (60-day insert)
Top customer reviews
-quick cpu, good graphics
-insane battery life, at LEAST 8 hours, usually more. i can stream netflix for 7-8 straight hours while surfing at the same time. with wifi off it comes in just under 13 hours.
-synpatic trackpad (same brand as macbook), buttons are really nice too.
-keyboard has a nice feel, bit of flex but i have no idea how or why thats bad (dont most notebooks have that?)
-excellent sound quality and loud speakers
-build quality is lower than expected. it does have an aluminum lid but thats it, the rest is flexible plastic. for a $600 laptop this should have been expected.
overall, im surprisingly pleased. this is my first of what will be many acer products. i plan on getting 4gb more ram and an intel SSD and still come in well under $1k. AWESOME little machine, worth well over $600.
- Price (479) was the best deal i've ever paid for a new laptop.
- sandybridge i3 processor and usb 3.0 will get me by until I can afford an ultrabook in 2 years.
- No cd-drive is great for reducing build weight (this laptop it much thinner and lighter than my old HP).
- Long battery life actually takes another pound off your traveling weight since I can leave the power brick at home if I go to starbucks or the library. It's more like 5+ hrs than 8+ hrs though.
- Hinge seems sturdy
- Keyborad and trackpad are off center. They squeezed an extra row of keys on the right side of the keyboard so they had to shift the normal keyboard and trackpad to the left. This often disrupts my clicking on the trackpad because the right mouse button is positioned where the left should be on my old perfectly centered HP laptop.
- Vent is on the left side, where as my old laptop had it on the backside. This is the sacrifice for having a hinge that can bend back further.
- 5400rpm Hard Drive. Really Acer?
- Reviews said they were impressed by speakers.. I was not. They're okay for a laptop this size but don't believe the reviews when they say they can fill a large studio apartment.. because they can't.
The display on the Acer is excellent. Keyboard and sound are also excellent. The unit has a sturdy solid feel considering the weight. I would recommend the 3830T-6417 over the 3830T-6870 because it runs cooler. The 6417 never really gets warm with little sacrifice in speed. The cooling fan is quiet but not silent. It ramps up a little from time to time for no apparent reason.
I replaced the original hard drive with an SSD drive which makes a huge difference in a laptop. Notebook hard drives are quite slow in comparison to desktop hard drives.
Most recent customer reviews
TO LARGE. ITS A QUIET COMPUTER, GOOD AUDIO SOUND
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.