BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pick of the week $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 17, 2013
It has good advice and is encouraging -- which I need.
Another reviewer said he thought it was just a bunch of articles put together. Well that is good for me since I didn't find "those articles". But it is more than that.
on September 23, 2014
This is not a bad book to read if you have Achilles Tendinitis, but certainly nothing new or revolutionary. You're probably just as well off researching on the web for free.
on December 10, 2013
Great book that very much helped heal my heel! The information from the recommended stretches to foods that help/don't help this condition are all spot on.
on March 26, 2014
Gave me additional info to supplement dr's advice and to help with healing. A good investment to make for your health!
on February 21, 2012
This is exactly what I needed to address my injured Achilles tendon. It gives straightforward information on how to treat the injury and an explanation of what can cause the injury. Well done.
on June 21, 2011
If you are suffering from heel pain, this book might help. I was so desperate, I might have tried voodoo if I thought it would have given me some relief. Medical practitioners, at least the ones I visited, didn't take my pain seriously and offered remedies like heal pads and ibuprofen that were not effective. What finally helped were orthotic inserts and rest.
on September 13, 2011
It may be worth mentioning that the term 'tendinopathy' is used to more accurately describe this condition. Originally this injury was known as Achilles tendinitis or tendinosis, as it was thought to be caused by an inflammation of the Achilles tendon. These days, after further research into the pathology, it is realised that the condition is associated with a degeneracy of the fibrils that make up the tendon, and that inflammation is not the primary issue.
Overall the book contains mostly useful advice, written in a user friendly style. Its main value is in alerting the reader to the seriousness of the injury and how to avoid it developing into a more debilitating condition. However much of what is stated is well known basic health care and although the more specific advise given in Phase 2, will help rehabilitate mild cases of the ailment, I do not think it would be effective for curing long term chronic injuries. In particular his view on the "World's Worst Calf Stretch", flies in the face of more modern treatments that rely on such `drop step' techniques. I myself have benefitted from this enormously and would invite others to check out the extensive online literature (e.g. lulu.com/My Achilles Heel:), regarding such eccentric contractions and mechanotransduction.
on August 20, 2013
Book very practical and easy to implement. Authors personal experience makes it more interesting. Anyone having Achilles problem will recommend strongly
on September 20, 2011
Seems he worked very hard to turn a set of recommendations that he found in a pamphlet somewhere into a book length document.