Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Acoustic Audio GX-350 PA Karaoke DJ Speakers 1000W 2 Way Pair
- Acoustic Audio by Goldwood GX-350 passive 2-way pro audio speaker pair, recommended power is 20-1000 watts for the pair, frequency response is 30Hz-22 kHz, efficiency is 93dB, coverage pattern is 60 x 40 degrees
- 8ohm, 2-way design and functionality, 5.25" high rigidity PVA treated cone woofers, extended throw drive assembly, 25mm loaded piezo horn tweeters, digitally tuned dual ported for added bass response per speaker
- Crossover frequency is 1500Hz, spring loaded raw wire connections, handles for easy transport, bass reflex cabinet design, protective corners and powder-coated steel grills, black aviation grade carpet
- Each speaker size (H x W x D) is 12.75" x 8.25" x 7", designed and engineered in the USA, full instructions included, these passive speakers require an amplifier
- Use for DJ, PA, karaoke, live sound, fixed installation, studio monitors, home audio, this listing and price is for 2 Acoustic Audio passive speakers
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Uniquely versatile, you can use these two-way speakers in a variety of applications. They are great for PA systems, studio monitor applications, professional karaoke machines, as home audio bookshelf speakers or as an addition to your surround sound home theater. Each speaker can handle 500 watts of power (250W RMS) and features a 5.25" high rigidity PVA-treated cone woofer, a 25mm loaded Piezo horn tweeter, a digitally tuned front firing port system, a powder-coated steel grille and a recessed carrying handle. This sophisticated engineering means better quality, a 30 percent deeper bass and a wider sound dispersion than other leading brands. The aviation grade carpeted enclosures are built using heavy-duty reinforced construction equipped with protective corners, guaranteeing durability for years to come.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now, the limitations. These are SMALL speakers. 5" woofers. They are loud, VERY loud. They will surprise you. They can also give you a small output at 20Hz which is amazing. But they CANNOT go loud AND deep. They are 5" speakers. The laws of physics still apply. 8 of them can give just under half the bass output of my Behringer B1200D, which is amazing considering they are 5" speakers. To get that you must use a crossover and send only the bass to the amplifier running the 8 speakers. If you run them full range you will get a balanced sound, but 2 of them WILL NOT give you enough volume for heavy bass. If you run only treble and mid range through them, you can get MUCH more volume before they distort.
Speaking of distortion, they overload gracefully, but I hate distortion, so I never run them there. Speaking of amplifiers, their sensitivity seems to be around 97dB, and they present a fairly easy nominal 8 ohm load. As expected the impedance goes up below 80Hz.
The only disadvantage I see is that you have to run a lot of them together, to get that loud and powerful DJ sound. I would say 8 is minimum, 16 will probably sound like a normal mobile DJ setup. If you have the amplifier channels and power, wire them separately to each channel for quality. Anything above 5 watts per channel will make them play (not loudly), 100 watts per channel for normal use, and 200 watts per channel to really make them shine. If you just need power, run them between 8 and 16 ohms. I've tested them on several amplifiers, and they don't sound as good with really low and really high impedances, even on amps DESIGNED for those impedances. Just for one example, I ran a group of them, wired for 4 ohms, on an amp designed specifically for a 4 ohm load, and they sounded much better at 8 ohms.
They can be blown, but you really have to be deaf/not paying attention. When I first got them, I was very disappointed. I thought "man these look cheap!" Then I thought, "and they're so small!" Hook them up to a good amp. You will be amazed. Don't be put off by the ridiculous cheap look and the small size. They will surprise you.