- noise reduction
Acoustic Research AW721 900 MHz Wireless Stereo Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Pair of wireless stereo headphones with transmitter for indoor or outdoor use
- 900 MHz frequency transmits at distances of up to 300 feet
- RCA-type audio inputs connect to TVs, DVD players, AV receivers, MP3 players, and more
- RF noise reduction system reduces interference for high-quality sound
- Transmitter doubles as charging base; self-adjusting headband and cushioned ear cups
Customers Also Shopped For
From the Manufacturer
What's in the Box
Headphones, transmitter, 0.25-inch headphone adapter, "Y" cable, AC power adapter, user's manual.
Top Customer Reviews
Cons: Non-adjustable headband (auto-adjust strap mostly works). Some static when you move around. Picks up older (CRT) TV whine if transmitter is close to TV. 900 MHz phones and NEXTEL cell phones interfere with signal. Bass is somewhat boomy and treble is flat, but adequate for TV, most music--needs to be equalized for classical, piano. Slight whooshing noise (compander?) after transition from loud to soft passages. Works poorly when moving behind walls, but OK when still.
As a result, I am returning this upgraded product to Best Buy and purchasing the Acoustic Research AW721 from Amazon.
The Pros of the Acoustic Research AW721 are:
1. Loud enough for hearing impaired people to use without hearing aids
2. Can hear the sound all the way outside while mowing the lawn or picking up the mail.
3. The cushions on the headphone allow me to also comfortably wear them with my hearing aids.
4. Other people cannot hear anything from these headphones while they are on my head. This makes it nice since I like the volume to be turned way up on these headphones! I can be right next to another person without waking them from their sleep, even with the volume at full blast!
Acoustic Research AW721 Cons:
1. Speaker may blow within 6 months
2. Sometimes hard to tune in manually.
Overall, the Pros far outweigh the Cons. I would recommend these to anyone who is interested in listening to the TV or music without interrupting the rest of the household.
The Acoustic Research AW721 headphones are my favorite so far!
Sound Quality: 4 stars - Once you get the frequency fine tuned these sound awesome! They do not match my 300 hundred dollar Sennheiser wired phones, but they do come as close as a wireless could come as far as I am concerned. The lows, mids, and highs are beautiful. Even at full volume I did not notice any saturation which is of great concern to me because it makes your ears work harder and also tends to kill batteries. What I really liked was that I could turn up the phones all the way and have them just sitting on my shoulders with the cups flared out and with them cranked I could listen clearly if someone was around that I needed to talk to for a short period of time.
Signal adjustment/range: 4 stars - These run on 900mhz which is a pretty old standard which can cause some difficulty especially if someone in your neighborhood has an older cordless phone or rabit ears. I did test this theory that I had read and found it to be true. Even with an old tv I had turned off when the antenna was connected I would get some interferance with static and sound fidelity. Fine tuning is a pain in the respect that the tuning dial on the phones is set deep into the crevice that it sits in.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Since there is no zero, I'll give a one star.
I have my doubts on whether or not these could have been setting in a corner for years... Read more
This product is terrible. I recieved these headphones to give as a christmas present and now im feeling terrible about them because they look like they are 20years old. Read morePublished 7 months ago by mike
This unit was purchased a while back (1 year) as some of my previous Headphones were wearing out and failing. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Dilbert
I have had these for sometime now and would recommend it to others. It is so nice to not have cords to deal with as I walk around the house. Read morePublished on February 10, 2014 by redchevy
This product didn't meet my expectation at all. I thought I'll enjoy movies without disturbing my sleeping wife, but there are so many noise, it was worthless.Published on January 8, 2014 by Mohammed Quamruzzaman