Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

The Acoustic Sessions:  Volume One
Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 22, 2013
I have several of Casting Crowns previous albums, and I am very happy with all of them. This CD is great because it has many of my favorites with an acoustic twist. I really enjoy the simplicity of the piano, or guitar, and the beautiful melody of some of God's most beautiful voices. The harmonization on East To West is definitely one of my favorites, and Praise You In This Storm is even more moving on this cd. I believe that I enjoy this version of Set Me Free even more than the original on Lifesong.

'Delivered (acoustic)', which is new, is wonderful, upbeat, and I can see myself listening to this in the morning to get going. 'Only You (acoustic)' really cuts deep with powerful lyrics, it is a gripping musical arrangement. I'm really excited to see new music intertwined with my go-to favorites.

With the occasional string arrangement, this acoustic version really lets the message shine through. The clean and clear music just makes Casting Crowns even more of a treasured band in our household. I look forward to subsequent volumes! I would really recommend this to a new fan since it has so many of my favorites, but it would be a good addition to anyone's collection.
on January 23, 2013
Having seen Casting Crowns on their Come to the Well Tour, the part I enjoyed the most was their acoustic set in the middle. I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be great if they released an acoustic album?" And here it is! Thanks for reading my mind! What a great album. The new songs aren't jumping out and grabbing me yet, but they face some stiff competition from all the past hits that are presented here with a fresh sound.

People that have thought Casting Crowns sounded overproduced in the past should give this one a listen. The arrangements here let the lyrics be much more up front and the music is simply beautiful. I especially enjoy some of the normally heavier songs getting the acoustic treatment.

I'm glad this album is Volume One. I can't wait for Volume Two.
on June 5, 2013
Honestly, for me there isn't really any music that Casting Crowns puts out that I don't enjoy. Their heart for the Lord comes through in their music, and it is no different with this acoustic album. Personally, for me you cannot improve upon the greats like "Praise You In The Storm" and "Who Am I', and the originals are still my preferred rendition, but the acoustical version succeeds in giving a new twist to these songs, making them seem new again. For the Crowns fan, to add this to your library should be a no-brainer. For the new fan, I'd first own the original songs and then go for The Acoustic Sessions: Volume One afterwards.
on February 25, 2014
Just when you thought Casting Crowns couldn't sound any better.... this comes along. All my favorites, but the vocals just really stand out even more than ever before. Praise You in This Storm was just amazing - when the female singer hits those notes, it is just ethereal. If you like Casting Crowns, you need to add this to your collection. Then again, we have EVERY CD they have ever put out, so I'm a little biased on it, but this one is now my favorite :)
on November 17, 2017
Excellent cd! Acoustic versions of their great songs that I listened to four times on the first play! Awesome! Thank you Third Day!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
A Great CD that gives a new feel to their music.one of my favorites .
on January 27, 2014
Casting Crowns are my favorite Christian Group. Their songs are inspirational, convicting, and traverse real-life issues and scenarios. I also have "Come to the Well" and am expecting the newest Cd "Thrive" to arrive tomorrow. The song "Wedding Day" on Come to The Well has special meaning as my daughter's life story is told through those words..."..love has set you free, In the hand that bears the only scars, and heaven touch her face, and the last tears she'll ever cry are finally wiped away, and the clouds roll back as he takes her hand and walks her through the gates..on that wedding day". Words can't express how much I have been blessed through the music, lyrics and videos of these inspired artists.
on August 9, 2016
Never ever been on for Christian music, until I found Casting Crowns. Their music is not preachy, but encouraging, and can touch your darkest hour. This CD is no exception.
on February 17, 2018
I love the Casting Crowns. Highly recommended.
on March 25, 2013
I am a true Casting Crowns fan, and truthfully nothing they do could probably disappoint me! I was a little skeptical about an acoustics alburm, but I was pleasantly surprised when I listened to this CD. Many of the songs are familiar and well-loved, but these new acoustic arrangements bring a fresh sound to them that is really very good. There are a couple of new songs on the CD as well. All in all, a very good CD...beautiful arrangements and a beautiful message!