Lyft Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 304 reviews
on September 19, 2017
Not for me. I found the story hard to get into and the writing style rather juvenile. Couldn't finish it. I normally like fiction, fantasy, and historical novels.
on March 9, 2009
Read the prequel "Heavens Net is Wide" first, I enjoyed this first in the series and first novel by the author very much. Some of the reviewers had some problems with it's "flaws". And other than nit picking, really, there are some favorite spots that each of us wish Lian Hearn had spent a little more time developing to please our personal tastes. But it still rates a 5 stars as a very enjoyable read and I do find myself reading straight thru the series and appreciating the authors increasing skill.
on March 13, 2014
It had been a number of years since I read the "Tales of the Otori" series and it was just as GREAT as I had remembered it. The writing is tight, the scope is broad, and the characters "realistic" and well developed. Over a few weeks I reread the entire series, all 5 books. I was helped in that I also purchased the Kindle versions, with the Whispersync (Audible), so I could listen to portions on my morning walks, read the hardbacks at home, and take the Kindle version as I was away from home. I enjoyed every minute of it all. Now, having repurchased all the hardbacks, I can pass them on to friends and family (the first time I read library copies). I highly recommend the series!
on September 9, 2013
I love everything about this book and this series. the story is compelling, inspiring, and enchanting. this is a series where one cannot help but to grow attached to the characters and their plight. this particular book shows a very special transition in the story. I recommend this book for any one who lives reading
on May 15, 2016
This is a great book. It really kept my interest, I had a hard time putting it down. I can't wait to read the next one. I highly recommend this book.
on January 18, 2017
I read my first book and was impressed so that is why I ordered the others. I am going to complete the collection and keep these books. Very nicely written.
on April 3, 2015
An amazing book with a great mixture of adventure, romance and mistery behind the main characters. This book transports the reader to the rich world of the samurais, their clans, wars and rivalry with a mix of fantasy. I read this book when I was a teenager but I love it even more as an adult!
on January 30, 2017
I fell in love with the characters, found the plot compelling and the writing style was at the same time conversational and intelligent.
on January 16, 2017
Although some pieces of the story are predictable there are surprises that keep you entertained till the end. A quick and exciting read.
on January 2, 2017
A fascinating story that holds your interest until the end. I'm sure that this is just the beginning of a wonderful adventure!!