- File Size: 746 KB
- Print Length: 272 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson (October 2, 2018)
- Publication Date: October 2, 2018
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishing
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07BB5FC8P
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #292,010 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$19.99|
Save $17.00 (85%)
Price set by seller.
Across the Street and Around the World: Following Jesus to the Nations in Your Neighborhood…and Beyond Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 272 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $12.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Jeannie Marie is a strategist for an international agency that recruits, trains, and sends long-term field workers to more than fifty countries. An inspirational trainer, Jeannie also teaches nationally on building relational bridges with people from other faiths and cultures. Jeannie and her husband and four children live in the sunny suburbs of Phoenix, Arizona.--This text refers to the paperback edition.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The basic purpose of the book is to provide a roadmap of sorts for someone to get from being curious about missions to actually making it to the field. Because there’s a lot to cover, the book (in general) prioritizes breadth over depth, but there is A LOT of breadth! At each step in the journey, Jeannie gives you a lot to think about.
Things I appreciated about the book were:
* It’s very actionable. Jeannie doesn’t just talk theory, but pulls from her own experience and does an excellent job of breaking down how she went through each phase in her journey to the field.
* The author’s tone and writing style. She comes across as a normal person. She has a lot the same thoughts, doubts, and reservations that I think most of us have, but she still made it to the field. It makes getting there feel a lot more doable.
* Good storytelling. Sometimes I force myself through a book because of the value I perceive I’ll get from it. That wasn’t the case here. I really enjoyed reading this book, and I think the plentiful use of stories and anecdotes was a big factor why. It was a fun read.
* The Grow to Go Test in the back. If you’re serious about going, take the test and use the results like a checklist. It’s not perfect, but it will give you a road map to work from.
Overall, I think this is a great addition to the variety of books on missions out there. Its style will be sure to appeal to people a lot of other books won't, and the function it serves is unique in its genre.
As the title says, the reader can gain valuable insight into living and speaking Jesus whether it be right at home, or in a third world country thousands of miles and an entire culture away.
One of the lessons that stood out for me was with the desire must come practical preparation.
And Jeannie Marie knows what's she's talking about. She's lived it and learned from it, taking hard knocks, disappointments, defeats, along her own journey. She's seen the Lord completely change her vision and her direction.
But when an individual really loves the Lord, along with that comes the desire to want others to know that same joy. The reader will come away richer in heart and mind after reading this book.
We highly recommend this book to everyone who longs to make a difference in this world for the cause of Christ; whether that person is just beginning their journey or whether they have been walking with Christ for a number of years! 'Across the Street and Around the World' is a tremendous resource for the body of Christ!
Top international reviews
You can learn so much about the world and was so full of great ideas I couldn’t put it down.