Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 153 reviews
on December 13, 2013
I really enjoy Counting Crows but I'm never too crazy about live albums (just me!) I guess I like a more polished sound without the crowd noises but I do enjoy listening to this album.
on November 10, 2013
Wow, wow, wow!!! A great live album from one of my favorite bands. I thoroughly enjoy the contrast between the two discs, as well as the uniqueness of some of the acoustic versions. One of my favorite games to play is to pop this cd in, skip to Mr. Jones and wait to see how long it takes people to recognize the song. It is my favorite version (not my favorite song) of the commercially released Counting Crows albums.

What are you waiting for? Buy this now!
on March 26, 2015
Probably one of my favorite albums ~ all my favorite songs, done in a very raw, real way ~ I listen to disk 2 at least twice a day!!
on July 25, 2005
This live double album released originally in 1998, was produced after Counting Crows had just recorded their second album, the incredible "Recovering the satellites'. It contains an unbelievable acoustic set they recorded on August 1997 for VH1 and a live performance recorded on November the same year for MTV.

Why would both VH1 and MTV record a live album for a band with only two albums? You'll get the answer by listening to it. This album proves how good musicians and virtuosos they are, the vocals of Adam Duritz and the feeling with which he sings are the perfect complement for their music and lyrics. This live recording is very different to the ones we are used to in which you listen to song arrangements that sound exactly the same as in the original album but live; the Crows take their live performances to a whole new level by always surprising with new arrangements or with acoustic versions of their songs. Compare for example `Angels of the silences', the song is included in both discs but in two versions that you wouldn't believe you are listening to the same song, and both quite enjoyable.

There are two flaws I found on these discs; the first one is that in the storytellers' disc the stories are missing! (How come?) And the second disc besides having a not too good sound quality sounds a little pretentious sometimes, as if they wanted to project a rock band image regardless of the talent they have and that the versions could have been made with a little more quality. There is a bonus track on the first disc, `Never go to New York City', not listed on the case but a nice added value to an already enjoyable album.

Overall a very good album, my personal favorite is the acoustic set on disc 1, but the two discs are perfect proof of why Counting Crows still remains as one the greatest bands there are, in times in which music suffers from excessive commercialism, they will always be there surprising with each new album and evolving as they always have.
on January 17, 2015
This is just a fantastic show. From the start of the album to the last song, it's a great listen. Two shows, two different sounds. I prefer The Chelsea Studios show, but both are great. The band's musicianship is tight, and Adam's voice is spot on. Once I start listening to this album it's hard to stop.
on August 23, 2006
Live music from Counting Crows! I somehow only just found this CD after being a CC fan since 1994. The energy of this performance is exhilarating. Adam Duritz is still raw, a trait I love and miss, since I think the rawness of his performing and writing has evaporated over the last five years or so.
I highly recommend this as a must have CD of Counting Crows. Two CDs, one is more acoustic than the other. My preference is for the second CD which is edgy and loud, long versions of songs I love. Sullivan Street, track 4 on CD#2 is awesome.
There are two versions of "Round Here" on this CD, one acoustic with only Adam and Dave. Both are fantastic.
on October 14, 2016
If you are a counting crows fan, this is a must have.
on September 6, 2014
I'm 57 yrs. of ago so when I pick out music, I already know it Great.
on November 28, 2012
This is a great sample of a great bands songs! Taped live you will feel like your front row at a concert.
on October 12, 2014
i would hav given this cd a 5 but there is a 7 mimute gap
between trac 9 to trac 10 on disc # 1
on the back side of the cd cover it says there is only
9 tracks but there is a trac 10 and theres alot
of static for 7 minutes between 9 an10 so that
problem should be solved before anyone else
buys this cd ! other than this cd is excellent !