Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Acrylic Cutting Board - 11" x 15"
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on February 10, 2012
The board I received has a raised edge running around the perimeter, in lieu of being one uniform thickness. The rubber feet were added to preclude scratching the underlying surface the board lies upon and the manufacturer warns against placing in a dishwasher...as the feet will wash off; shown on manufacturers plastic wrapping.

I expected one solid board, with rubber pads, not one with the raised border to rest on the counter in conjunction with pads. If you remove the pads for dishwasher use, then I would be concerned about the need to insert a support under the board to replace the missing pads. Further, all manufacturers supply pads to prevent scratching surfaces, most suggest only hand washing, knowing users remove the pads for dishwasher use.

The board appears very strong and upon visual inspection, I can see why it is priced higher than expected... processing to create the raised lip requires specialized equipment I suspect; compared to a simple pour mold.

I am considering removing the pads and using the underside as a cutting surface, allowing juices to be captured by the 1/8" raised border. Otherwise, I will send the two boards I obtained back. In general, I am not inclined to compensate for this manufacturers new spin on an old product concept.

The plastic material employed may be a new breakthrough in toughness but cost prohibitive to create a standard 3/16" thick board.

For those desiring this board without the raised edge, acrylic plastics makes another board I ordered over a year ago; use "acrylic cutting board 11 inch by 15 inch" and not 11" x 15".
on December 1, 2010
I like clear acrylic cutting boards to leave sitting out because they protect kitchen counters without obscuring the view of the counters; the kitchen does not look cluttered because they are sitting out on the counters.

This acrylic cutting board is fine. It's a decent size, feels sturdy like it will last, and does the job. However, I'm not crazy about the finish because it doesn't look bright to me. If the board isn't clear, I want it to look bright.

Also, the rubber feet means it shouldn't go in the dishwasher because eventually at least one will come off and could cause a plug up during a cycle.

I'm going back to ordering only clear boards with no rubber feet or pads.
on December 28, 2011
After the old acrylic board finally gave up the ghost my wife got a glass one. After two weeks of sharpening my knives after every fifth cutting stroke I desperately looked on Amazon for another acrylic. The price was reasonable, the delivery was fast and my knives are holding an edge again. The only thing that keeps it from being a five star product is that the rubber feet fall of if you put it in the dishwasher.
on January 21, 2010
Excellent cutting board I love the product compared to other cutting boards I own. It doesn't leave any marks or scratches in the board that is why it is excellent to cut your items and to protect your counter. It is also very easy to clean and can be put in the dishwasher. The only problem is I wish it was a little bit larger.
on November 27, 2011
This is a nice cutting board. Seems to be well made and I am pleased with the purchase. I would buy this product again. As another reviewer mentioned the feet on the bottom will probably come off due to high heat in a dishwasher so you might want to was this by hand.
on February 15, 2014
Either they've changed the design of this product since it was last reviewed or nobody has noticed, but the board I got has removable "feet" on it. This means I can pop it in the dishwasher to clean it and not worry about the glue dissipating. I'm very pleased. I prefer acrylic cutting boards and always keep one adjacent to my stove to protect my granite countertop from excessive heat or wear. For safekeeping, I pop the little feet in my knife drawer when the board is being washed. With care, both they and the board should last a long time.
VINE VOICEon February 1, 2014
I was searching for a reasonably priced acrylic cutting board to replace my old cracked one. While I would prefer one a bit larger than this, I found it to be by far the best value of everything available. It is also extremely well made. After receiving my first one, I ordered two more for backups. For those who are o.k. with the slightly smaller than standard size, this is a great bargain.
on October 12, 2013
I bought four of these acrylic cutting boards to use as placemats on a fabric tablecloth. Keeps the tablecloth clean and lets the pattern show through. I will not be using them as cutting boards so can't comment on their intended use.
on December 28, 2012
So far, this cutting board has been great. Very sturdy and solid. I do not have any issue with the feet of the board yet, but I do wash it by hands. I am not sure how long it would last given the abuse that I do inflict on all my boards.
on September 14, 2011
I purchased this item to replace my cracked acrylic cutting board. This new cutting board is much better than my old one. It has a thicker edge which in my opinion will keep it from warping (which my old one did). It also has little suction rubber feet in the corners that keeps it from sliding on the counter. I would highly recommend it to others! It is a quality product.