Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,315 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,588 reviews
"Act of Valor", at face value, is an exciting and well made action movie that stands well on its own, but take into consideration that it was made with active duty SEALs (with support of the military) and you get a very realistic look at the men and families that make daily sacrifices to protect the USA.

No plot spoilers from me; the movie centers on the men comprising a Navy SEAL Team, the families and commitments they leave behind when deploying, and their mission to stop a terrorist plot from being carried out on US soil. The plot feels a lot like a good Tom Clancy story (he was involved in the making of the movie). The acting during the drama scenes was fairly stiff but really came alive when moving into the action scenes, as might be expected. The cinematography is actually quite good, with a lot of impressive shots of the Navy's biggest and best hardware (aircraft carriers, submarines, fighters, and helicopters).

This is a movie I will be watching again in the near future.

Highly Recommended!

CFH
on June 15, 2017
Pretty good film if you like feature length recruitment movies. It's an amalgamation of true stories, characters (some of whom are still living), and USN Special Warfare missions. Makes you hope every president appreciates the true power and force that the Teams allow America to project against the evil that lurks on every continent.
on January 2, 2014
1st, I want to say to our military families of all branches and veterans, I thank you for your service. Don't care what others say negative about our arm forces. Your all heros, and I can or do much but a simple thank you.

For 2nd is this great journal of soldiers who are out today, battling in the far places from home. It's not a a storey really to me. It's more kinda of a documentary/slice of reality. This men are real men. They have no acting degree, and no real preparation for the big screen. This is their story. They use real weapons, real live ammo and real families. With that said, their is really not much of a story plot in this. Now on to the features, I got to say, the action scenes are awesome. Now I do warn that their is a part of this movie that might or will be disturbing to viewers. Not for kids, trust me. Now the scene is a woman being kidnapped and taken to a hidden place. They ask her to give them info about her job, and I think you get to were I'm going at if she doesn't tell them. It's pretty disturbing and not something if you do get offended easily. It's an action movie, but it's also a close to reality movie. Past that scene and it get pretty good. Good soundtrack, amazing resolution and just a great movie.
Even though it say Blu-Ray, it actually is the DVD, with digital copy and the Blu-Ray DVD. All packed nicely. Sadly the features are in the Blu-Ray, sobrhatsvthebsad part. Hope this helps many.
Again, thank you to all of the men and woman fighting for our countries. They put a lot on the line, and this is their story. Thank you.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 16, 2016
I think we have watched this movie 3 times now. We could easily watch it again.
It is the harsh reality of what happens in combat. As a former marine, this shows the dedication soldiers have to their country, each other, and their families.
If you like combat movies based on real events, this is a must see.
on December 3, 2016
Every American should watch this movie, especially our politicians. An incredibly realistic movie. That such brave people should sometimes find a lack of support from our government is pathetic. These brave and heroic people, performing monumental acts of self sacrifice, are among the characteristics that has made America great. How do you feel about our country's borders? Watch this movie and then think and re evaluate how safe our borders really are. A superb movie, should have won some awards. I have watched it several times, still stimulates thoughts of where this country is now and what these people are standing for... us and the safety of this country.
on June 5, 2014
This movie was so authentic I actually recognized a US Navy ship that had been pulled up to the pier outside my window when I worked in a Naval Shipyard. The active duty Navy seals who engaged in the action in the film were so impressive, their skills not exaggerated, and the glimpse of their family life heart warming. While the threat to our country was chilling, the heroic actions re-enacted reiterated what an honor it is to have our military members protecting us. The sacrifices shown in the film were heart rending and representative of the debt we owe to our warriors and their families. I was also deeply moved and impressed by the honor shown to the CIA field operatives who risk so much and who serve without being openly identified to us as the heroes they are. When I realize this was a re-enactment of something a real person went through, I am moved to appreciate the real people who operate in secret to protect us all, including providing valuable intelligence to the military. The connection between Russian mafia and the drug cartels on our very border is something I had suspected but hadn't had verified until now. What it takes to keep our nation safe from these unholy alliances is mind blowing...as is this movie about the folks who do keep us safe. Most moving was the honoring of all the Navy seals who have made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country from 911 to the date the movie was made. We will never forget. Thanks to all who risk everything to protect us and to your families. You are heroes.
on March 3, 2012
This one really grabbed me. It reminded me of the same emotions I had watching Taking Chance(also recommended). This movie was harder to watch the second time, but man, do I love this film. I am a retired Chief who served on submarines. Everything I saw that related to my career was absolutely accurate. I imagine the rest of the film was just as credible. I sure admire these military folks!
33 comments| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2017
I enjoyed the movie but the acting could've used some work. Military tactics wise it was great though
on January 16, 2015
Hmmm, well despite just awful acting this movie was beyond suspensful! Vivid, exciting action scenes depicting Navy Seal situation that will have your stomach in knots almost the whole time. Brief moments where the horrible actors attempted dialog that was awful. The plot was haunting and even without dialog the movie was gripping. I don't blame the writing because there were some memorable lines that will stay with you.
If Yes, I understand love America, support the military and enjoy action movies you want be dissapointed.
If you don't love America or action you should watch this for a few reasons while the Military men and women deserve our support.
Ultimately, if you have low expectations for the acting (and it isn't so much their acting as their dialog) , and can have patience for the very few scenes that include dialog, then you won't be dissapointed by this nail biter exciting thriller!
on May 2, 2017
This is another great movie many of the actors or actually seals and did a great job of presenting how they actually operate. Great price fast shipping. Thank you.