Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on February 18, 2014
I have always been somewhat ambivalent about Richard Thompson. But then I happened to see him performing Woodstock on a Joni Mitchell tribute and I decided to try again. I have a cd he released with his wife, Shoot Out the Lights, and despite the great reviews, that collection left me cold. Action Packed, however, is just Thompson--and I am now a convert. I suddenly am able to appreciate his writing, his phrasing, his guitar work, and his variability. If, like myself, you are seeking to re-introduce yourself to this artist's work, this is a fine way to do so. Every cut is good and the totality is even better.
on November 2, 2003
My taste usually runs more towards the virutoso guitar slinger. While RICHARD THOMPSON isn't in that vain, he is a most inventive guitarist who creates beautifull melodies and some of the best lyrics written in modern musik. Only UK SQUEEZE at their best could tell a story so well with so few words. This CD is always entertaining and despite the width of material, there are no fillers. From the folk flavoured tracks to out and out rockers, THOMPSON delivers in any style he chooses. If you don't have RICHARD THOMPSON in your collection, you are missing one of the best song writers of this century.
on May 12, 2013
This is a greatest hits album from one of the best music makers and guitarist of my lifetime. Having followed him since Fairport Convention, he always is evolving and impressing.
For anyone who hasn't collected his music, this is a great place to get a snapshot into his hits.
Highly recommend.
on February 20, 2012
but it is for me. Great guitarist (I can only dream to be 1/4 as good)unique song-writer and singer, a true original. I have been a fan since the Fairport Convention years and have the 4 Richard and Linda Thompsons on well worn LP's along with two of the capital records. This is just a nice selection and sampling of the great work he did for Capitol. Songs like I Misunderstood (we'll always be such good friends you and I), Feel So good (I wanna break somebodys heart), etc. are just too good and great to sing along with as are all of his songs. My one minor quibble is the omission of Two Left Feet, love that song, probably because I dance like I have two left feet. Recommended.
on July 18, 2017
This guy is so underrated that it completely baffles me. An outstanding collection of his work.
on December 23, 2014
a great taster for my daughter to see what RT is all about
on November 23, 2014
very good quality, price & delivery, well done!
on February 23, 2016
Tremendous CD by a tremendous talent. A great collection of Richard's best.
on June 2, 2013
Incredible player. Awesome storyteller. Brilliant writing and singing. If 52 Vincent weren't enough, you have Bees Wings as well!!
Enjoy!!
on April 8, 2015
Several of the tracks had skips.