Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 382 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 418 reviews
on April 10, 2016
Works perfectly, has not broken after normal use. Just don't handle it too roughly or toss it around, it is somewhat fragile. I use it to Pokegen Pokemon in Pokemon Diamond and it works just fine. The software works perfectly too, but it's a bit confusing. Get it here: [...] Since the manual does a poor job of explaining how to add codes, I'll explain it here:

1. Connect your action replay with the cable while running the program. The current codes on it will pop up on the left. Do NOT connect it while it is in your DS or has a game inside it.
2. On the bottom right, right click and pick "add new code list"
3. At the top right where is says subscriptions, find your game for your region, then drag it down to the bottom right, on top of your newly created code list.
4. Right click the game and pick "add new cheat"
5. type in the cheat and name
6. drag the game with the cheats inside it to the left.
7. It will ask you if you want to override the codes for that game that are already on the action replay itself. If you need those codes, find them and put them under the game on the bottom right. Click yes
8. At the top, click commit changes
9 disconnect your action replay and use it
review image review image
on August 15, 2016
Product came with appropriate packaging and new in box. Came with all that was needed. So thank you to the seller! 5 star!!! Now, for the item itself! After reading dozens of terrible reviews and some minor good on the game chip. I decided to risk it anyway and purchase it. From what I can tell, it's a so far so good scenario. There's a huge range of games to take advantage of which is nice. I've had minimal issues with the chips software functionality, such as not being able to manually enter codes because it'll only allow for 3/4 code entry then act as if you've reached character limit..... The cancel button doesn't work 90% of the time. The touch keypad is over sensitive and unusable for entering codes, so old skool button function is required lol. So far they're my only faults with the product. I guess you have to remember that this product is mass produced cheaply and homebrew technology. The quality of the product could have been better but it's on the mark. Fits my DS lite perfectly and both it and the games sit together snug. For the games I'm using the chip for, the product seems to work well. Still experimenting and will see in the future just how well it holds up.... Do be careful not to overload your game and switch every cheat available on.. You just run a higher risk of your game crashing and possibly corrupting if you do depending on the cheat. Take care and indulge lightly when using potent cheats. I'm definitely glad that I didn't get a straight dud out of the box like so many have claimed. I am yet to use the computer software, as I've seen a few reviews telling you not to EVER because it'll corrupt your cheat chip rendering it useless. So, I'm being safe at the moment and just using what's given out of the box. I may venture and trial the software, though I only will when I'm ready to accept it self destructing lol. It's a 50/50 when buying this product I guess. I'm on the winning side for the time being.. I give it 4 star!
on March 20, 2016
Here's the thing: the action replay, if inserted into a dsi directly after opening the product, works perfectly. The problem stems from the computer software (the code manager) used in conjunction with this product.

The problem with the software is that it could possibly render your action replay unusable. The instructions in the User Guide make the software sound like a breeze to use, but I found my experience with the software riddled with problems. "Version number not detected...", "An error occurred whilst resetting your action replay...", and an inability to transfer any of the games or codes I wanted to add were all problems I faced while trying to work with the software. Unfortunately, my attempts to use the software also seemed to corrupt my action replay - I can no longer access the action replay on the dsi.

If you wish to use the software in conjunction with the action replay, by all means, go ahead. However, understand that the software is much less stable than the action replay itself.

My advice: avoid the code manager. If you want to delete/add codes and games, I suggest you delete/add them manually. While this can be very time-consuming, manually entering your codes is a much safer option than using the software.
on February 17, 2017
Never got the cable and I heard through online research that there may be a disc that's supposed to go with it! The cartridge itself was dirty, scratched, had a cut with something bulging just below. It came without the manual so I can't even figure out what sort of cable to buy! Worst possible waste of $50! I plugged it into my 3ds according to online instructions and got an error message claiming
"An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details." I spent 3 weeks in and out of researching this and can't figure this out. Can't do anything now but throw the freaking thing out and kick myself for my $50 loss.
on March 25, 2016
To whom this may concern,
I recently ordered the 3DS compatible action replay. I used the USB to put it in a code and as I was updating the AR, it said an error has occurred while updating. I thought, okay maybe it needs an update. So I downloaded MANY updates on to my computer until I got the correct one and out of no where it says "The device you plugged in is not a 3DS compatible device". So then I try my old AR with the new DSi firmware update. I put in the cable into the old AR and it says it is the wrong device as well. So now I just forget about it and continue to do the update until it works. I plug the 3DS compatible one (the one I just bought today) into the computer and open the Code Manager. Now it says the version number isn't detected. Then I try to load my old AR on to the code manager and the same thing shows up. It said to load it on to a DS and neither the one I bought or my old AR were showing up. So not only did I buy a broken 3ds compatible Action Replay, but the cable broke my old one as well. Why?
on December 29, 2015
Needed this to backup a save and use on a save editor. Apparently the ONE version you need to do this requires a micro SD card slot. This does not have it. The earlier versions had this apparently but was later taken out.
Pretty much useless for what I need it for and not enough information on the product page nor in the answers for what I needed. Everything I read pointed to the DSi compatible one doing this. I come to find out barely any of them do this.

Waste of money for what I needed it for.

EDIT: After messing around with it a little bit it's completely broken. I keep getting an error where it's unable to open a file using the file manager, I'm unable to even reset I keep getting a write error, and just a plethora of problems. I've never had a product give me such a headache. Their customer support is useless for Datel and even charges upwards of $2 a minute just to contact them.
This is the biggest letdown I've experienced with a product thus far. The product is shoddy and broke within 5 minutes of use. I can't even reset it! My driver's are installed correctly, it worked on my first attempt, but *nothing* after that.

This is horrible. I would NEVER recommend ANYONE to purchase this.
on April 3, 2016
Here's a warning to anyone who gets this. NEVER USE THE CODE MANAGER SOFTWARE. The Action Replay was working just fine up until I started using the Code Manager software from Codejunkies. I tried to add codes to the Action Replay using the Manager. After receiving some errors, it wasn't long until both the Action Replay hardware and the Code Manager both became useless.
on July 5, 2017
This Action replay is great. I bought it mostly for getting unlimited Pokeballs in Pokemon Platinum and various other cheats for my other games. It's gonna be a lot of fun to muck around with my Ds games and see what i can actually do. This is a must buy for anyone seeking to complete a Ds title they can't complete or just plain having fun with game codes
on July 29, 2015
Works as expected, but the list of supported games seems a bit short.

Nevertheless, I like the fact that you mod the game and put it away so you won't have to insert it into the system at all time (with a part sticking out like the action replay).

Heard many people having issues with it, and the solution is to use a new USB cable instead of the one provided. Others also said they had better luck with USB 2.0 ports instead of 3.0 ports.
on November 18, 2015
Only giving 1 star for fast shipping, otherwise it would be Zero. The product arrived DOA. Device was not recognizable when plugged into a PC. The housing of the card reader is too big to allow for proper fitment on the new 3ds XL. Just for fun, I removed the entire board from the plastic housing and modified the housing so it would be able to be "clicked in" when inserted into the new 3ds XL. Even tho I was able to get the AR card to properly fit into the 3ds card reader, the product was DOA, rendering this modification pointless.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.