Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Actiontec GT701D Ethernet DSL Modem with Routing C..." and save 33% off the $49.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Actiontec GT701D Ethernet DSL Modem with Routing Capabilities
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Energy efficient design
- Actiontec GEU003AD3B-01 1-Port DSL Modem
- Web site blocking
- Port Forwarding
- Multiple Security Levels
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||DOCSIS Networks||Good Luck Bargains||biddeal_co||CQDeals||DOCSIS Networks|
|Item Dimensions||1.57 x 4.23 x 3.15 in||4.3 x 6.5 x 1.1 in||5.9 x 9 x 3.1 in||7 x 10 x 2.8 in||10.1 x 10.6 x 2.6 in|
|Item Weight||3.31 lbs||6.4 ounces||1.05 lbs||1.3 lbs||1.97 lbs|
The energy efficient GT701D DSL Modem combines a full rate DSL modem and router - packaged in a sleek design with a small footprint and energy efficient power supply. With this green modem, DSL subscribers can save on their electricity bill while protecting the environment. And best of all, the GT701D features a robust hardware architecture and supports full rate ADSL2/2 speeds, so you don't have to sacrifice performance to go green.
From the Manufacturer
Why the GT701D?
- Super Fast DSL modem — ADSL2/2+ modem and router combined create a complete connectivity and home networking solution for DSL Internet customers
- Faster downloads, Faster gaming — Provides industry leading technology to ensure your connection to the Internet is maximized. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill DSL Modem, this is Actiontec Quality.
- Share Internet connection — Built in routing capabilities allow you to add additional Ethernet ports, or configure for bridge mode and connect your existing router.
- AutoConnect — Simply connect the Actiontec 701D to any computer, open up your browser, and click auto-connect. The GT701D does all the rest. No CD, no confusing instructions, just the best rated installation process in the industry.
- Compatibility — Works with all major DSL Internet service providers (ISPs) including AT&T, Verizon, Qwest, CenturyLink, Frontier, and more.
The GT701D DSL Modem has been rigorously tested to ensure compatibility with all major DSL providers. It adheres to leading DSL standards, ensuring a quick and painless connection. Not only that, Actiontec has included its Auto-Connect tool, which allows you to connect to your DSL service rapidly and hassle-free.
It's "Green". With its superior energy efficiency, the GT701D DSL Modem helps you save money on your electricity bill while protecting the environment. Its power adapter uses at least 30% less energy than modems with conventional power adapters.
It just works. Just read the reviews.
What's in the box?
The Actiontec GT701D Ethernet DSL Modem Kit contains the following:
- GT701D DSL Modem
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Cord
- DSL Cable
- Quick Start Guide
Actiontec's DSL products
Actiontec has a full line of DSL products to match your needs
|Actiontec Product||ADSL 2/2+||Works with DSL service?||Works with cable service?||# Ports||Networking|
|GT701D||Yes||Yes, all of them||No||1||Wired|
|GT724R||Yes||Yes, all of them||No||4||Wired|
|GT724WGR||Yes||Yes, all of them||No||4||Wireless 802.11G|
More Key Features
- IP Router supports static route, unnumbered and VIP Mode
- NAT or Statefull Firewall with multiple security levels
- Basic IDS: Stateful Packet Inspection for prevention of Denial of Service (DoS) attacks
- Port forwarding
- Service blocking
- Website Blocking
- Web activity log
- Bridged Ethernet over ATM, PPP over ATM, PPP over Ethernet
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Auto-Configure the modem with your ISP by directly connecting the modem to your computer. Follow the instructions given in the booklet/user manual/ISP letter to enter the PPPoE username & password.
2. After configuration is complete, confirm that you are connected to the internet.
3. Click 'Advanced Setup' on the Main Menu.
4. Turn off DHCP Server on the 'DHCP Settings' page. Click Apply.
5. Go to 'WAN IP Address' page and click Yes on the warning. Select RFC 1483 Transparent Bridging. Click Apply.
6. The Internet light on the modem will turn off and always remain off in bridged mode.
7. Remove cable from computer and plug into WAN port of your Router.
8. In your router settings enter the PPPoE username & password. Follow instructions in your router's user manual to enable DHCP on your router.
You should now be connected to the Internet using your modem & router in bridged mode.
Following the quick start guide, I plugged the Actiontec into one of my computers, connected it to the phone line, powered it up, and entered the IP address of the modem in my browser. Up came the setup menu. Here was the only place where there was a little difficulty as there was no description of this menu in the documentation. Among the several choices there was a button to automatically detect settings and configure the modem for your ISP, and another to configure the modem as a transparent bridge. I knew I wanted to use the modem as a transparent bridge so my Netgear would handle the routing duties, but it wasn't clear if I needed to get the ISP settings first, then come back to this menu and set it up as a transparent bridge.
I tried the automatic configuration first and after a very short time was connected to the internet (I am a Frontier DSL customer); however, I could not find a way back to the original menu to setup the modem as a transparent bridge, nor were there any options to do so in the advanced configuration menu of the browser interface to the modem. So I reset the modem to factory default settings (through the browser interface), signed back into the modem, and got the original setup menu back. This time I selected to set up the modem as a transparent bridge. It went through the same configuration process as previously and in a short time was finished. I connected the Actiontec and the computer back to the router and my whole network was up and running! One thing to note (that I had read elsewhere in my searching) is that when configured as a transparent bridge, the internet light on the modem does not light up green. Not to worry, connect it to your router and all will be well.
I ran a connection speed test after finishing, from both my computer hardwired to the router and from one connected wirelessly. Both came in a just under 7 Mbps, whereas with the old modem I had never exceeded about 3.1 Mbps. That was great to see! I supposedly have had the 7 Mbps service for some time and had worked with Frontier to discover why I was only getting 3 Mbps and had even asked if the old modem could be the cause. They said no, it was just the limitation of the wires in my area. This is one time to be glad that their tech support was wrong!
Except for the failure of the documentation to describe that setting up the modem as transparent bridge will also automatically detect your ISP configuration, this setup was about as painless as it gets, about 15 minutes with my muddling through it, less than 5 minutes if I'd chosen the transparent bridge option at the start. In fact, the hardest part was getting the new modem plugged in to the power strip amidst the huge tangle of cords. I can't speak to the long-term performance of the Actiontec modem, but after one day it is definitely 5-stars and a product that I would highly recommend.