Actiontec Verizon High Speed Internet DSL Wireless N Modem and Router (GT784WNV)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This modem works only with Verizon DSL and is not Compatible with Verizon FIOS
- Three products in one: a full rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch and dual-antenna Wireless N router
- Specifically designed for use with Verizon High Speed Internet Service
- Rigorously tested to ensure the highest levels of compatibility and performance
- Includes high-grade firewall, parental controls and a variety of protections and encryptions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
A Leader in High Speed Internet Modems and Routers
The Wireless N Modem & Router for Verizon is the latest in a long line of feature-filled Actiontec DSL modems. Actiontec has become a leader in high speed Internet modems and routers, shipping over 22 million Internet Access devices thus far, and our track record in innovation and customer support is highly regarded throughout the industry. With its wireless N technology and the peace of mind you experience buying from an industry leader, the Wireless N Modem & Router is sure to satisfy all your modem/router needs.
What Makes the Wireless N Modem & Router a Better Choice for You?
- 802.11n Built In - the Modem Router's built-in 802.11n technology allows you to connect at speeds up to 300 Mbps, up to 6x faster than previous generations' top speeds
- MIMO Smart Antenna - 802.11n also allows the use of MIMO smart antennas, which extend the range of your wireless signal while getting rid of those pesky "dead" spots in your wireless coverage
- Backward Compatibility - Since 802.11n technology is fully backwards compatible, all older wireless devices will connect seamlessly with the Modem Router (at whatever the device's top speed happens to be)
- Wireless Security - the Modem Router comes equipped with WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption and fully customizable firewall
- Customer Support - Actiontec provides 24/7 customer support for the Modem Router, over the phone or online
A Complete Home Network with One Device
Certified for Verizon DSL, the full featured GT784WN Wireless N DSL modem router reduces technology clutter. By integrating a DSL modem, wireless N networking, and full routing capability in one box, the GT784WN solves all of your connection and networking needs.
The modem supports ADSL2+ with speeds up to 24 Mbps downstream to support IPTV services. The Wireless N Modem & Router is three products in one: a full rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch and dual-antenna, 300 Mbps Wireless-N router. The Modem has been rigorously tested to ensure the highest levels of compatibility and performance and includes a variety of protections and encryptions.
Quick & Easy Setup
You'll have your broadband connection up and running in minutes.
- Turn on the Modem Router.
- Plug a DSL line into a phone port.
- Connect a computer to the Ethernet port.
From the Manufacturer
The Verizon High Speed Internet Wireless N Modem & Router is designed specifically for Verizon High Speed Internet service. It is actually three products in one: an ADSL 2/2+ modem, four-port switch, and a 300 Mbps wireless-N access point. This product has been rigorously tested through the DSL Forum to ensure maximum performance. Security features include double commercial-grade firewall, parental controls and the ability to limit network access.
Customer Service: 800-371-0442
Tech Support: 888-436-0657
Top Customer Reviews
Enter the ActionTec GT784WNV! The firmware is preconfigured for Verizon so I was up & running within minutes of unplugging my old gateway and the wireless b/g/n network connected instantly. My wireless is now faster & has a stronger signal throughout the house. There are also a TON of user customizations available through the very well done GUI & you can set up any type of port forwarding, vpn, dmz, QOS, etc etc etc you want. Firewall is also customizable but I haven't' fully explored the options there yet.
Before hooking up the ActionTec I took screen shots and notes from the Westell's settings in case there was an issue but this new gateway is so user friendly that I rarely referred to the notes. BE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR VERIZON USERNAME HANDY! You can find this on your current gateway's home screen & you will need to enter that to maintain a signal w/ Verizon. The ActionTec will also ask you to set a new password for the 'admin' log-in on the GUI homepage so make it something you'll remember.
Bottom line - Verizon should dump the Westell's in the recycle bin and ship these instead. A MUCH better gateway all around!
*** 2nd UPDATE*** The unit has been functioning OK but I still haven't been able to get port forwarding to work properly and I haven't been able to find any user manual, which I don't think exists. Sometime when I have a lot of time to waste I will try to contact Actiontec's customer support.
network. The setup was somewhat of a problem area. Once it got installed, it has been a very good and improved performer.
Upload and download speeds are no better than the standard modem, but I expected that. I bought it to make my WiFi signal stronger and this little box delivers. WAY stronger signal and much more reliable throughout my building.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worth the expense for basic internet subscribers....went from 300KBps with a Westel to 1.25MBps using this devicePublished 26 days ago by Anthony F
this product is a piece of crap warning do not buy the only reason for 1 star is there is no 0 it worked fine for 2 week then just quit customer service is a joke no help at all... Read morePublished 1 month ago by terry scantland
Seems to be working nicely. It recovers from the VERY frequent Verizon DSL disconnects per day, Seems to be much better than the modem Verizon provided that did not reconnect at... Read morePublished 6 months ago by R. Bogdan
finally updated my modem after 10 years. Im very pleased with this one.Published 7 months ago by Rodney
This router is ok. I do have trouble when more than one device is using data. The data slows down and makes video streaming difficult. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Martin J. Ley
Looks small. I was a bit taken aback by the size. It seems to be helping a little in keeping connection better than the crumby one Verizon gave after complaining to them about... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Heartsafire