Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Actiontec 300 Mbps Wireless-N ADSL Modem Router (G..." and save 14% off the $69.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.22 shipping
Actiontec 300 Mbps Wireless-N ADSL Modem Router (GT784WN)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatible with ADSL CenturyLink (NOT their VDSL) and major DSL service providers
- Not compatible with Verizon FIOS, AT&T U-verse or cable systems such as Comcast,Time Warner, Cablevision, Cox, Charter etc.
- Preconfigured for simple setup and will auto-detect your specific service settings. Includes high-grade firewall, parental controls and a variety of protections and encryptions.
- Three products in one: full-rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch, and 300 Mbps wireless-N router.
- With the latest 802.11n technology your newer devices will achieve wireless N speeds.Backwards compatibility ensures that older wireless devices are supported, giving your wireless network the best of both worlds.The modem has been tested for maximum performance on all major DSL providers and supports ADSL2+ with speeds up to 24 Mbps downstream.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
GT784WN Wireless-N DSL Modem Router
Out of the box, the GT784WN gives you the flexibility and power your need to connect all of your wireless devices. With 802.11N wireless speeds and MIMO smart antenna technology, you'll be accessing the latest in wireless technology that lets you connect at heretofore unheard of speeds, with wireless coverage that eliminates all those pesky dead spots.
Also included with the Modem Router is a robust firewall and security suite that includes WPA and WPA2 encryption, unique ID assignation to prevent hacking, stateful packet inspection, denial of service protection, content filtering, and more. Actiontec bakes in other advantages, as well: our industry-leading AutoDetect Wizard, that eliminates the hassle of confusing installation CDs or poster-sized install guides; TR-069 support and remote management for service providers; and full backward compatibility to ensure that the greatest majority of legacy devices will connect.
What makes the GT784WN Modem Router a Better Choice for You?
- 802.11n Built In - the Modem Router's built-in 802.11n technology allows you to surf the Internet at speeds up to 300 Mbps, up to 6x faster than previous generations' top speeds
- MIMO Smart Antenna - 802.11n also allows the use of MIMO smart antennas, which extend the range of your wireless signal while getting rid of those pesky ‘dead’ spots in your wireless coverage
- Backwards Compatible - And, since 802.11n technology is fully backwards compatible, all older wireless devices will connect seamlessly with the Modem Router (at whatever the device's top speed happens to be)
- Automatic Configuration - Actiontec's industry-leading AutoDetect Wizard eliminates the hassles of confusing installation CDs and install guides
- Wireless Security - the Modem Router comes equipped with WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption and fully customizable firewall
- Customer Support - Actiontec provides 24/7 customer support for the Modem Router, over the phone or online
Industry Leading Modems
The Wireless N ADSL Modem Router is the latest in a long line of feature-filled Actiontec DSL modems. Actiontec has become a leader in high speed Internet modems and routers, shipping over 22 million Internet Access devices thus far, and our track record in innovation and customer support is highly regarded throughout the industry. With its cutting edge wireless N technology, its unparalleled ease-of-use (thanks to the AutoDetect Wizard), and the peace of mind you experience buying from an industry leader, the Wireless N ADSL Modem Router is sure to satisfy all of your modem/router needs.
Compare to similar items
This item Actiontec 300 Mbps Wireless-N ADSL Modem Router (GT784WN)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Amazon.com||DOCSIS Networks||Amazon.com||CQDeals||Amazon.com||Good Luck Bargains|
|Item Dimensions||1.3 x 6.8 x 7 in||10.1 x 10.6 x 2.6 in||5.6 x 4.5 x 2.3 in||9.85 x 11.62 x 3.23 in||5.25 x 6.75 x 1.25 in||4.3 x 6.5 x 1.1 in|
|Item Weight||1.6 lbs||1.97 lbs||1.7 lbs||2.3 lbs||1 lb||6.4 ounces|
The GT784WN Wireless-N DSL Modem Router is three products in one: a full rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch and dual-antenna, 300 Mbps Wireless-N router. Compatible with all major DSL service providers and auto-detects specific service settings, allowing users of all technical levels to enjoy simple setup. This product has been rigorously tested to ensure the highest levels of compatibility and performance and includes a variety of protections and encryptions.
Top customer reviews
Set up was actually very easy! I followed the quick start up guide and the only mistake I made was putting in the wrong username and password. I had to dig that up from old paperwork I kept from the last excruciating phone call with ATT. You must use your DSL username and password.
After that, I was connected and up and running! My connection speeds are much better now throughout the house and I can finally get Netflix to run on my big TV in the living room!! My old router just didn't have the range. I'll update if things turn, but looks good so far.
This modem is easy to setup b/c it detects your ISP settings for you. You can literally be surfing within 3 minutes of pulling it from the box with no experience required whatsoever. Good for those non-geeks who just want to be on their way.
Small footprint, using very little real estate on the desk.
Minimalistic LEDs. (no extraneous flashing lights that serve no practical purpose like some modems have)
One of the last 'legacy speed' ADSL modem/routers still left, and at an affordable price. (Most are twice the price, accommodating ultra-fast and more expensive FiOS DSL services.)
No DHCP Reservation, which floors me. This is such a simple firmware/software feature, and a basic one. Why in the HECK would Actiontec make a modem without this feature? It actually comes up as available if you Google DHCP Reservation and this model, but the screenshots in the links show a menu not available with the current firmware/sftw version... I considered reverting to an OLDER firmware version to see if it was available before. But to avoid the hassle, I just set the DHCP lease time to 365 days... the highest number it would accept. So as I turn on devices, they will be assigned a local IP that the modem will stick with for 1 year. Then it will reassign them... and stick with the new assignments for another year.
Normally I would not take off 2 stars for one con, but it's such a basic feature, it's ridiculous (granted non-geeks won't care). It literally would cost them nothing to include it. And if it were more important to me than it is, I would take off more stars. Some people require this for very practical reasons, like port forwarding, etc., but I just prefer all my local devices having a set IP. So it's not a deal breaker with the 1-year optional setting, but it's annoying considering it's so stupid it isn't part of the feature list, available in virtually every modem today.
But again, for non-geeks looking for a modem to get online that they don't have to configure, this one could be a good choice. We'll see how long it lasts. If it poops out earlier than it should, I will update this review. All in all I'm satisfied enough that it serves the purpose, but also highly annoyed that a standard feature is unavailable.When I go to replace it, I will choose another brand with DHCP reservation.
As a side note, I noticed it picked "multimode" instead of G.DMT, which my ISP requires, but MM worked better than G.DMT, which I manually changed it to, to see. Supposedly if set to G.DMT the modem doesn't have to run through all the protocols looking for the compatible mode each time, but in this case, leaving it in multimode made it surf faster than G.DMT.
I am an amateur networker. I had to call my provider to get some information and Actiontec service was very helpful.
Much further range then frontiers unit
Much much faster speeds
Good costumer service
1.5 years sporadic functioning, does not identify internet signal when connected to the phone DSL ( other router does)
Disconnect it for a day or so and it works for a day or so.
For $69 was it worth it? I don't know, I don't know what the average life expectancy of a gateway is.
Will try another companies maybe Motorola to compare
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.