Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.49 shipping
+ $5.34 shipping
Actiontec 300 Mbps Wireless-N ADSL Modem Router (GT784WN)
|Price:||$64.76 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Three products in one: full-rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch, and 300 Mbps wireless-N router.
- Compatible with major DSL service providers, including Qwest, Verizon (excluding FIOS), AT&T (excluding U-verse), and others. Does not work with cable systems such as Comcast, Cablevision, Infinity, Cox, Charter etc. Supports CenturyLink but not their VDSL.
- Preconfigured for simple setup and will auto-detect your specific service settings.
- Rigorously tested to ensure the highest levels of compatibility and performance.
- Includes high-grade firewall, parental controls and a variety of protections and encryptions.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Actiontec 300 Mbps Wireless-N ADSL Modem Router (GT784WN)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Chainspell's Store||Amazon.com||Happy Shopping 2016|
|Connectivity Technology||wi-fi||Wireless||Information not provided||wireless|
|Data Transfer Rate||300||40 Megabits Per Second||340||1 Gigabits Per Second|
|Total Lan Ports||4||Information not provided||2||4|
|Wireless Comm Standard||802 11 B||802 11 BGN||2.4 ghz radio frequency||802 11 B|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
What makes the GT784WN Modem Router a better choice for you?
- 802.11n Built In - the Modem Router's built-in 802.11n technology allows you to surf the Internet at speeds up to 300 Mbps, up to 6x faster than previous generations' top speeds
- MIMO Smart Antenna - 802.11n also allows the use of MIMO smart antennas, which extend the range of your wireless signal while getting rid of those pesky "dead" spots in your wireless coverage
- Backwards Compatible - And, since 802.11n technology is fully backwards compatible, all older wireless devices will connect seamlessly with the Modem Router (at whatever the device's top speed happens to be)
- Automatic Configuration - Actiontec's industry-leading AutoDetect Wizard eliminates the hassles of confusing installation CDs and install guides
- Wireless Security - the Modem Router comes equipped with WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption and fully customizable firewall
- Customer Support - Actiontec provides 24/7 customer support for the Modem Router, over the phone or online
The Wireless N ADSL Modem Router is the latest in a long line of feature-filled Actiontec DSL modems. Actiontec has become a leader in high speed Internet modems and routers, shipping over 22 million Internet Access devices thus far, and our track record in innovation and customer support is highly regarded throughout the industry. With its cutting edge wireless N technology, its unparalleled ease-of-use (thanks to the AutoDetect Wizard), and the peace of mind you experience buying from an industry leader, the Wireless N ADSL Modem Router is sure to satisfy all of your modem/router needs.
Out of the box, the GT784WN gives you the flexibility and power your need to connect all of your wireless devices. With 802.11N wireless speeds and MIMO smart antenna technology, you'll be accessing the latest in wireless technology that lets you connect at heretofore unheard of speeds, with wireless coverage that eliminates all those pesky dead spots. Also included with the Modem Router is a robust firewall and security suite that includes WPA and WPA2 encryption, unique ID assignation to prevent hacking, stateful packet inspection, denial of service protection, content filtering, and more. Actiontec bakes in other advantages, as well: our industry-leading AutoDetect Wizard, that eliminates the hassle of confusing installation CDs or poster-sized install guides; TR-069 support and remote management for service providers; and full backward compatibility to ensure that the greatest majority of legacy devices will connect.
What's in the box?
- Wireless N ADSL Modem Router
- Quick Start Guide
- Ethernet cable
- Power cord
- DSL Cable
Top Customer Reviews
If you're having this problem:
Go to advanced settings.
Click on "IP Addressing - WAN IP Settings"
Select "PPPoe" for #2
Click on Apply
Back to Advanced Settings
Go to "Broadband" tab on the left.
Enter "0" in "VPI" box
Enter "32" in VCI" box
And, you're good to go. They had me up and running in less than five minutes.
And now we're running well. Increased speed (20% on both up and down) on all (4) devices. Much better signal throughout the house, and less clutter.
I'm very happy with my purchase. Qwest? Not so much.
- 2 Xbox 360's on extensive multiplayer games on both. And Netflix, and other streaming videos apps. (2 wired)
- 3 laptops always on facebook. netflix, or downloading torrents. (1 wired, 2 wirelss)
- anywhere from 1-4 Iphones/touch/galaxy/droids smartphones. (wireless)
All at the same time on some occasions.
When I originally had ATT's 2Wire device, it surprisingly handled it well. Until one day it just died.
So as a surrogate until I found a better one. I had a ZOOM modem/router and a netgear N router for wireless.
Nothing but problems since. I ordered the dlink dir655 hoping for better results but unsuccessful.
Only was able to handle 1 xbox online at a time. 1 laptop on facebook and thats about it. I heard nothing but complaints from everyone in this house.
Returned the dlink sadly. Not entirely its fault, could have been that ZOOM modem (crap device).
Nonetheless the hunt was still on.
Extensive nights reading all the reviews that could ever be written on an umpteen number of modems and routers out there. I tend to be loyal to the brands that I have been using but on this occasion, I had to stray and glad I did. Read many reviews on the ACTIONTEC models MOST GOOD REVIEWS and the reviews were very extensive and detailed. If it wasnt for those reviews I probably would have glanced them over time and again and still be unhappy with my internet service just because I liked to stick to the brand names that I knew.
Being open minded really helped me acheive peace and joy in this house.
Now I understand why the ACTIONTEC had so many great reviews. So let this be another one.Read more ›
I read the reviews on Amazon and the ActionTec modem/wireless routers appeared to be highly rated, so I purchased the Wireless N model and have been very happy.
1. It is cheaper than AT&T modem/router
2. It is a bit faster (I am gaining about .2-.5 MPS in my download speeds)
3. Wireless performance is excellent with greater range than AT&T modem.
4. No more dropping connections with my MacBook
5. You can actually custom name your wireless network and create your own password, AT&T assigns you a network name ("2WIREXXX") and a numerical password.
All in all quite please and have therefore given it 5 stars. Had I known about this I would have never purchased the AT&T modem in the first place. No wonder that modem only gets 2-3 stars on Amazon. I will be selling it now on EBay.
It took ~5 min to change the settings in the modem and reboot, then it connected and worked perfectly. The wifi has good coverage throughout the house, and fast speeds. I have had it for almost a week and have not had to reboot yet.
I checked the firmware when it came in, and it already had the latest version.
Very pleased with this purchase. The built-in router with wifi eliminates the need of having a second box connected to your DSL modem. The price is $30 less than a similar offering from CenturyLink that is still using "g" wifi.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great. The one the phone company gave me for free was a piece of junk that was always having problems knocking me off line. So I just bought my own. No problems anymore. Read morePublished 2 hours ago by Zen_Stoic
Works better for Verizon DSL than their own brand version of this due to it having two antennas. It is also cheaper than theirs and will pay for itself in 6 months rather than... Read morePublished 1 day ago by gatorador
Out of the box with internet and Wifi took about 30 min. Nice product!Published 1 day ago by Cronmiller
We were having problems with the telephone company modem having to constantly booting it. Since I installed the Actiontec we have had no problems. We have had it 3 weeks.Published 6 days ago by James Rice
We've had this modem/router for about 1.5 years and have hated it for most of that time. It does work with Centurylink but it's wifi signal strength in our house is awful. Read morePublished 8 days ago by MNmama
I bought this modem to replace my Actiontec M1000 with an airport extreme for my router. So far, so good. My previous setup would seem to stall out, often. Read morePublished 10 days ago by judyannemt
Yes. Better. Than any other that I had. In the past 10 year'sPublished 11 days ago by judy vanstrander
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.