- Paperback: 528 pages
- Publisher: Sams Publishing; 1 edition (May 22, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0672330458
- ISBN-13: 978-0672330452
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.2 x 8.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,601,785 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Active Directory Domain Services 2008 How-To 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
From the Back Cover
Active Directory Domain Services 2008 How-To Real Solutions for Active Directory 2008 Administrators John Policelli Need fast, reliable, easy-to-implement solutions for Microsoft Active Directory 2008? This book delivers exactly what you're looking for. You'll find nearly 250 tested, step-by-step procedures for planning, installing, customizing, and managing Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in any production environment. Completely up-to-date, it fully reflects the brand new version of Active Directory introduced in Windows Server 2008, which contains the most significant changes since AD was first introduced. When time is of the essence, turn here first: get answers you can "trust"-and "use-right now!" Fast, Accurate, and Easy-to-Use!
- Prepare for Active Directory Domain Services installation
- Install and uninstall Active Directory Domain Services
- Manage trust relationships and functional levels
- Manage Operations Master Roles and Global Catalog Servers
- Efficiently administer sites and replication
- Manage the Active Domain Services schema
- Administer Active Directory DS data
- Make the most of Active Directory Group Policies
- Manage password replication policies
- Implement fine-grained password and account lockout policies
- Safely back up and recover Active Directory DS
- Use Active Directory's improved auditing capabilities to track changes more effectively
About the Author
John Policelli (Microsoft MVP for Directory Services, MCTS, MCSA, ITSM, iNet+, Network+, and A+) is a solutions-focused IT consultant with more than a decade of combined success in architecture, security, strategic planning, and disaster recovery planning. John has designed and implemented dozens of complex directory service, e-messaging, web, networking, and security enterprise solutions.
John has spent the past nine years focused on identity and access management and providing thought leadership for some of the largest installations of Active Directory in Canada. He has been involved as an author, a technical reviewer, and a subject matter expert for more than 50 training, exam writing, press, and whitepaper projects related to Windows Server 2008 Identity and Access Management, networking, and collaboration. John maintains a blog at http://policelli.com/blog.