Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Get Active – A fun and easy way to get off the couch and get hearts pumping!
- Gameplay Variety – Play over a dozen fast-paced games, alone or with friends, in energetic events that gets players’
- Tremendous Replay Value – Over a dozen games, each with multiple levels of play: river rafting, mine-cart adventure
- Mii Support – Play as your Mii from the very beginning
- The Active Life Mat – The specially-designed mat is bundled with the game so you can jump straight into the action!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
"The first in the Active Life series, Outdoor Challenge offers a variety of fast-paced games that engages your whole body for a fun and challenging experience. Using the specially-designed mat and the Wii Remote™, players compete in over a dozen single and multi-player events like river rafting, mine-cart adventure, log jumping, and more. "
Jump into the fun with Active Life Outdoor Challenge. The first of many planned titles in the new Active Life series, Outdoor Challenge offers a variety of fast-paced, heart-pumping games that will engage your whole body for a fun and challenging experience.
- The Active Life Mat - A fun and easy way to get off the couch and get hearts pumping.
- Gameplay Variety - Play over a dozen fast-paced games, alone or with friends,in energetic events that gets players whole bodies into the action.
- Intuitive Gameplay - Simple controls allow for quick pick up and play. Great for parties.
- Play Together - With both competitive and co-operative challenges.
- Track Characters Fitness Progress - See your characters body change according to how you play.
- Tremendous Replay Value - Over a dozen games, each with multiple levels of play: river rafting, mine-cart adventure, log jumping, see-saw, jump rope, water trampoline, plus many more.
- Other Features - Includes training mode to work different body parts and synchronization gauge to check the level of team work in cooperative play.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Will move your entire body - if you looking for a cardio workout. There are a lot of games that you can play by yourself, against someone or as a team. You can use your Mii; and the game will collect fitness data that you can gage your fitness over time.
My kids kept jumping off the mat and off the small squares and triangles. They are not looking down at the mat, but up at the television. So you have to make sure your eyes and feet are coordinated enough for you to watch the screen and ensure your feet are in the right place on the mat.
The mat itself is like the Wii Remote so while was reading the instructions my daughter was using the mat to move the instructions before I could finish reading them. I thought I was going crazy because I wasn't using the actual Wii Remote to move to the next screen. (This will eventually become a pro when you really get the hang of it)
My daughters and I played for about 90 minutes and we were all sweaty and tired by the time we said ENOUGH! Between this game and Wii Fit I don't see how anyone could not get a good cardio and strength training fitness regime.
I am anxious to see how Namco will franchise this "interactive mat" into more physically challenging games...i.e. an Active Life series.
At the beginning, go to Free Play mode first as it lets you practice all the minigames on their easiest levels. Once you get the hang of them, go to the courses on Outdoor Adventure mode that will unlock higher levels as you pass them.
The third mode, Exercise Training, has a variety of courses that range from about 5-10 minutes long. You can't fail the games on these courses; just keep playing as well as you can for the allotted time. One of the courses, 10 Minute Marathon, simply has you walking or running for 10 minutes. You can use this course for interval training; for instance, run for 10 seconds and walk for 20 seconds (or the other way around!) for 20 rounds. The Outdoor Adventure mode also allows you to design your own courses, although it seems you can only save one course at a time.
You get "Activity Points" for completing the exercise courses, which are put on a daily graph along with a Brain Age-like stamp. Unfortunately there is no calorie counter in this game (unlike DDR for PS2) and it doesn't record exact dates you worked out, just "2 days ago", etc. It also doesn't record your weight, but maybe that makes this more suitable for children than Wii Fit.
I'd like to add that this game is VERY beginner-friendly, especially compared to another Namco exergame for Wii, We Cheer (another excellent game, but with a huge leap in difficulty level). Active Life can be played by anyone - young or old, from sedentary overweight folks to athletes. On Free Play, there are scrolling instructions for each game that you can easily skip past, and Easy mode even has on-screen prompts. Exercise mode allows you to go at your own pace, even if you have to just walk through or keep taking breaks. On the other end of the spectrum, the most advanced courses are super-tough; I still haven't passed them! This is one game you won't "outgrow".
My favorite games are the mine cart (a real core/balance challenge), mountain boarding, pipe slider, speed skating and the most DDR-like game, whack-a-mole. The mat slides around a bit (putting it on a sticky yoga mat helped) and is probably too narrow for two "plus-sized" adults to play at once, but it responds very well. I would love to see future Active Life games add more enhancements to Exercise mode (like keeping track of scores, dates and calories burned) and add more types of games like perhaps a music/rhythm game and games that use lateral and forward/back jumping.
But overall, this is an awesome first entry for what I hope will be a long and successful series!
Gameplay Variety – Play over a dozen fast-paced games, alone or with friends, in energetic events that gets players’
Tremendous Replay Value – Over a dozen games, each with multiple levels of play: river rafting, mine-cart adventure
Mii Support – Play as your Mii from the very beginning
The Active Life Mat – The specially-designed mat is bundled with the game so you can jump straight into the action!