Activeion ionator HOM Portable Cleaner and Sanitizer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- On-demand, hand-held appliance for daily-use cleaning and sanitizing without chemicals
- Kills 99.9% of harmful germs on nonporous hard surfaces when used as directed
- Advanced technology converts tap water into ionized water--a versatile and effective dirt-lifting agent
- Cleans a variety of surfaces including glass, stainless steel, marble, granite, tile, carpet, fabrics, and much more
- Built-in 12-volt nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) rechargeable battery provides one to two weeks of portable cleaning power on a single charge
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
From kitchens and bathrooms, to bedrooms and playrooms--you can clean without leaving behind any chemical residue. With the ionator HOM, you will significantly reduce the repeated high expense, potentially toxic harm, and enormous packaging waste that come from using general-purpose cleaning chemicals.
Using the ionator HOMAfter charging the battery, just fill the removable reservoir with plain tap water, squeeze the trigger to spray the surface to be cleaned and wipe the surface dry with a clean cloth. Plain tap water is all you need as the ionator HOM technology requires some mineral content in the water to function properly. The relative hardness or softness of the water does not matter. The technology has the engineering "smarts" to sense the mineral content and will adjust appropriately to give you consistent cleaning and sanitizing performance.
How does it clean?When the trigger is pressed, a slight electrical charge is applied to the tap water and the charged water passes through an ion exchange membrane to create an oxygen-rich mix of positively and negatively charged nanobubbles. These nanobubbles are electrically charged and attach themselves to dirt particles (think magnets). As the charges from the nanobubbles build up on the dirt particles, they separate from one another and break apart due to repulsion of like electrical charges. The dirt particles become suspended in the charged water—allowing the dirt to be easily wiped away. The nanobubbles stay active for approximately 30-45 seconds before returning to their natural state.
How does it sanitize?When used as directed, the ionator HOM kills the 2009 Pandemic H1N1 Influenza A virus and more than 99.9% of most harmful bacteria like E. coli, VRE, Salmonella, MRSA, Pseudomonas, Staph, Listeria and E. coli O157:H7 on nonporous hard surfaces.
The core science used in the ionator HOM to sanitize is known as electroporation. An important tool in molecular and cellular biology for medical research, electroporation uses a low-level electrical field to disrupt cell membranes. The ionator HOM applies a low-level electrical field to the water. The water then carries this electrical field to the surface where germs reside, disrupting the germ’s membranes and killing them.
These images were taken with a scanning electron microscope and show E. coli and Staph bacteria before and after applying the technology used in the ionator HOM to kill them within 6 seconds.
No chemical-related health warning labelsDespite its harm to germs, independent laboratories have conducted extensive testing on this technology to international and U.S. standards to confirm that it has zero measurable detriment on skin, eyes, when ingested or inhaled. The data from these tests have been reviewed by the EPA for compliance and, as a result, absolutely no chemical-related health warning label is required for the ionator HOM.
Think physics, not chemistryThe science of electrolysis is over 100 years old, and the science of electroporation has been around for decades. Before Activeion, products incorporating these technologies cost thousands of dollars or were only available in specialized laboratory equipment. Activeion is the first to combine the science of electrolysis and electroporation into a small, handheld appliance available to everyone. Activeion’s technology does not rely upon any slight changes in the water’s pH levels and oxidation reduction potential (ORP) to clean or sanitize, nor does it add salt to create hypochlorous (a form of bleach water). It relies upon physics and electrical engineering rather than traditional chemical-based cleaning processes.
Simple. Smart. Sustainable.The ionator HOM is designed to replace many of the general-purpose cleaners and some of the specialty chemicals people use every day, but it is not a miracle cleaner. As with other products, there may be big cleaning jobs such as heavy build up or entrenched stains that may require alternative methods. However, the ionator HOM is proven to be an effective general-purpose cleaner and sanitizer that empowers you to reduce the exposure you and your loved ones face on a daily basis to many potentially harmful cleaning chemicals.
Top customer reviews
After I used it the first time, I knew I would love it. I made a pot of soup on my glass top stove which boiled over. It was quite a mess as the food spill was burnt on the stove top. After the heating element of the stove cooled, I sprayed the water in the Activeion on the mess and presto, with little srubbing, the burnt on food came off.
The Activeion is excellent on glass and granite tops. I've used it everywhere, tile floors, bathroom tile and fixtures, plantation shutters, furniture, screens. Just about everything I clean regularly. It also cleaned the rug where my cat got sick
I give this product high marks. If there is a downside, it drips a few drops of water after spraying but that's it. The sprayer is easy to use, th recharge lasts a few days and the water tank that you attach hold enough water to clean the entire kitchen.
I suggest that you order the cleaning cloth and scrubber that the company offer.
I have used it to clean my kitchen, bathrooms, and windows. It worked on oily stains on my oven door and cooktop. I love the way it cleaned my faucets without leaving a residue. It also took the dirty handprints off doors and light switches. All the surfaces I've used it on simply look cleaner. One or two prominent reviews made me nervous about buying the product, but I have to say that they are completely wrong. I did a little research on the technology and think that the science is theoretically sound. I also read that Edmonton, Alberta bought Activeion products for cleaning government buildings. Edmonton's sustainability buyers vetted the tech and confirmed it's efficacy.
I'm 100% happy with my purchase!
1. I had an old microwave with crusted on food that had been sitting for months outside. I sprayed Active Ion inside the microwave very quickly (didn't even hold it in every single spot for as long as they recommend). I let it sit for a few minutes as I went about doing something else. I came back, and just wiped everything off with just a few swipes (didn't have to go over the same spot twice). We are talking grease and crusted food here people. Nuff said..
2. My mother has serious reactions to mosquito bites. She gets one and it swells up to quarter sizes, and it lasts a week or more. It has been this way her entire life. She was visiting me one day, got a bite and starting complaining about it. I sprayed active ion on the bite, and it vanished within minutes. People this is pretty amazing stuff. Nothing has ever helped her mosquito bites, and spraying Active Ion on her bite made it vanish!
3. Cold and flu season hit our area hard, and one day I started getting a scratchy throat. You know how it feels when you're going to come down with something. I sprayed Active Ion in my mouth directly at my throat a couple of times that day, and I NEVER GOT SICK.
This stuff cuts through the grease on my stove like you wouldn't believe, gets crusted on food off within minutes, and it cures insect bites and sore throats. So before you knock it when you haven't tried it and decide to write a review, read my review and maybe consider trying something new! And for the record, I have no connection with this company. I saw the Bill Nye video on YouTube, thought I'd try it and honestly believe this product is worth every single penny that I spent on it!