|Item Weight||3.63 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4 x 11 x 13.5 inches|
|Item model number||CP9690|
|Batteries||2 AAA batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||CP9690|
|OEM Part Number||CP9690|
|Cover Included||Graph, record and playback live data with optional battery|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Auto Parts Protection Planfrom Assurant
- PLAN STARTS: Plans start date of purchase. Coverage for mechanical breakdowns begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- COVERAGE DETAIL: 100% functional parts and labor included on products used for normal use, including mechanical and electrical failures, for parts purchased on Amazon within the last 30 days.
- PLAN BENEFITS: $0 deductible and no hidden fees. Fully transferable if bought as a gift. Not valid on auto parts purchased for commercial use.
- FILING A CLAIM: Easy claims process online 24/7. Visit assurant360claims.com. We’ll fix it, replace it or send you an Amazon gift card up to the price you paid for your product.
- HOW TO CANCEL: Cancel anytime, full refund within the first 30 days (less any claims paid). To cancel, visit "Your Orders" on Amazon.com and click "Return or Replace Item" next to the protection plan.
Actron CP9690 Elite AutoScanner Kit Enhanced OBD I and OBD II Scan Tool for all 1996 and newer and select 1984-95 vehicles, CHROME
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Reads engine Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) on ALL 1996 & newer import/domestic vehicles sold in the USA (OBD II & CAN), 1994-95 OBD II vehicles, and 1984-95 GM, Ford, Chysler & Toyota OBD I vehicles
- Includes CodeConnect, a comprehensive database of over 26 million reported and verified fixes for the DTCs that cause check engine, ABS, and Airbag warning lights to illuminate
- ABS and Airbag codes and definitions for most 1996-2015 GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and Hyundai vehicles
- ODI/OBDII LIVE real-time data lets you view, record, & playback vehicle sensor, switch, & relay inputs while the engine is running - more than 300 possible data PIDs available depending on vehicle
- Read and display: MIL status, all available I/M Monitors (emissions), pending DTCs, freeze frame data (snapshot of vehicle data at the time of the fault); read and erase DTCs.External power:7 to 16 Volts
- Includes: 3.5" color display; OBD II, 6' extension, & cigarette lighter cables; OBD I cables: GM ALDL, Ford MCU/EEC-IV, Chrysler SCI, Toyota round & rectangular; trilingual manual: soft storage case
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Compare with similar items
BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone & Android
INNOVA 3145 Ford Digital OBD1 Code Reader
Autel AutoLink AL319 OBD2 Scanner Automotive Engine Fault Code Reader CAN Scan Tool
Actron CP9670 AutoScanner Trilingual OBD II, CAN, and ABS Scan Tool with Color Screen for 1996 and Newer Vehicles
Actron CP9680 AutoScanner Plus OBD II Scan Tool for All 1996 and Newer and Select 1994-95 vehicles - Includes ABS and Airbag Features for Select Applications
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||JBTools||Lemur Vehicle Monitors||Amazon.com||Motorzone||JBTools||JBTools|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The CP9690 Trilingual Elite AutoScanner Pro offers advanced do-it-yourselfers and technicians features they asked for in a scan tool. Enhanced features include the ability to read manufacturer specific DTCs, graph engine data, record and playback stored vehicle information and the ability to print the information through a PC. This tool with CodeConnect, ABS and Airbag display not just the DTC, but also helps prioritize troubleshooting with the top reported fixes specific to the vehicle's make, model, year and engine. At the touch of the CodeConnect hot key you connect with the most probable solution to the problem. CodeConnect is a comprehensive database of over 26 million verified fixes for the DTCs that cause the check engine light to illuminate. These actual vehicle fixes have been reported and then verified by our team of ASE certified technicians. CodeConnect information takes vehicle repairs to another level for do-it-yourselfers and technicians alike. (Code Connect data in English only) New features added to this tool include a color LCD screen, updated vehicle coverage through 2013, CodeConnect with 26 million experience based fixes, oil light and battery reset options, GM DTC status, supports 5 previous vehicle searches, quick test, code criteria, battery and alternator charging system monitor, dual PID graph and hands free vehicle link. The CP9680 is field updateable via the USB port and has the option of using battery power. Every Actron Scan tool and code reader incorporates CAN and patented TrueLink Technology which guarantees the tool will link to and communicate with every OBD II compliant (1996 and newer) vehicle assuring the user of fast and accurate diagnostic output, the key ingredient to an effective repair. The CP9690 also includes OBD I cables for 1984-1995 GM, Ford, Chrysler and Toyota vehicles and reads engine data for both OBD II and OBD I vehicles. In order for CodeConnect to work, you must select your specific vehicle during vehicle selection
From the manufacturer
CP9690 Includes the Following:
- CP9690 Handset
- OBD II Cable
- GM OBD I ALDL Cable
- Chrysler OBD I SCI Cable
- Ford OBD I MCU/EEC-IV Cable
- 6-foot Extension Cable
- Cigarette Lighter and Vehicle Battery Adapter
- Blow Molded Hard Case and Manual
Actron’s CP9690 ELITE AUTOSCANNER Offers Advanced DIYers the Features They Asked for in a Scan Tool.
Enhanced features include the ability to read manufacturer specific DTC’s, graph engine data, and record and playback stored vehicle information. Compatible with all 1996 and newer vehicles (OBD II), the CP9690 has all the same software features of the CP9680 but also includes OBD I cables for select GM, Ford, Chrysler, and Toyota vehicles. Reads LIVE engine data for both OBD II and OBD I vehicles.
- Compatible with ALL 1996 and newer import/domestic vehicles (OBD II & CAN), as well as 1994-1995 OBD II compatible vehicles
- OBD I functionality – cables included for 1984-1995 Ford & GM and 1989-1995 Chrysler and Toyota vehicles
- ABS & SRS/Airbag coverage for most 1996-2013 GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Hyundai, Nissan and Toyota vehicles
- Code Connect - 26 million+ experience-based fixes
The CP9690 ELITE AUTOSCANNER is Loaded with Powerful Features to Help You get a Quick, Accurate Diagnosis
Work Less. Live More.
The Actron family of scan tools and code readers is designed to help you quickly and accurately diagnose your vehicle so you can get it fixed and get on with your day.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So Actron admits their unit is defective.
Update: Does not work on any 1984 to 1987 Carburetors or Computer Controlled Carburetors (CCC) Vehicles. It only works on TBI or Fuel Injected Vehicles ONLY!!!
It wasn't able to read any live data (no surprise but worth a shot) and the tests it did were standard tests that can be done with a paperclip and a DVOM.
That said, it's a very, very nice scanner and according to the manual has many functions that just don't work on my truck. They claim that it would work, but I suppose they can't cover every single use case in one Amazon ad. Buttons are large and solid, screen is bright and nice quality, included all adapters needed even for Ford EEC IV, and 12v car power.
I could see this scanner being very useful for newer cars, and may end up buying it again if needed in the future. In the meantime, though, I returned it as it doesn't address my current need.
On the first day I went to upgrade it on my old XP computer. Had a problem with the driver but, called Actron support and the girl help me through it. Great support so far.
On 04/24/18 I did my second software update. This brought the SW ID to FED0.
I have an old snap-on 'Brick' (an old scanner) and an AutoXray EZscan 5000 which only reads and clears codes, live data and has helped and still helps diagnose problems. The snap on of course does much more. Now I have this Actron unit.
My cars include a 95 Buick Century, 03 Buick Lasebre and an 03 Toyota Rav 4.
The 03 Buick works the best. Sees everything and reports all. I don't have any problems with this car so I had to cause one. I disconnected the front right speed sensor and even without driving the car, it displayed the ABS light. Plugged in the Actron and it found it. Here is the best part. When I clear it, only the ABS code got cleared. All the IM readiness test were still OK. I love that. It also reported the Air Bag system but, no faults.
It worked in the 95 Buick (odb 1) but would not report the ABS or Air bag sytems. At least I have the Brick for that. (UPDATE) After I did the second software update, it seems I now have to use the cigarette lighter that makes come kind of connection. The unit does not see the car without doing this. Also it does not read the RPMs of this car. Still no ABS.
The 03 Toyota was fine but still, no ABS. (Update). After the second update, the unite will now see the airbag system and ABS.
I also tried it on a 96 Blazer and it worked on finding an Air bag code. Cleared them but, all IM Monitors got cleared. The review data is awesome. I go into it, I see View Freeze Data, enter into that and see the P0446 code and reported fix (code connect) worked. (UPDATE) I still to do any other scan since I did the SW upgrade.
The documentation states it covers through 2013 but was told it will read newer car as well, you just need to use Global. I will test that as soon as I can plug into one and report my findings here.
By the way, in seems to do a bidirectional test on the Evap system for the 03 Buick. At least that's what it looks like and I can hear something click in the rear area of the car when I activate it.
Will keep updating as time goes on.
I tried to find a problem on a 2000 mustang's ABS and got nothing. The light was on but no report about codes for the ABS system or the traction control. It did find an DTCs and shows Reported fixes. I was really hoping it would find the ABS. (UPDATE) Have not done this car after doing the second software update.
So far, I highly recommend this unit.
Top international reviews
Happy with this scanner